Damage Overcharge Guide, Maps + Screenshots

Drakkolich

Many people have asked me how I get so many Damage Overcharges, so I thought I would make a map with some added screenshots to show everyone where they are.

The first map is of Kuat Mesas death match.

The second map is Lost Shipyard death match.

So there it is that is where the super clusters of Damage Overcharges spawn, I hope that helps clear up how a veteran pilot knows where they all are.

Edit: Linuxizer made some new maps that are a little more accurate then the ones I posted so long ago, I'm going to leave my originals up there but here is the a link to the ones he made.

Linuxizer DO Maps

Edited by Drakkolich

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is kind of a rationalization for why these locations need to be randomized, actually. Nice to know the info, but their always being in the same spots just is off.

The locations are randomized of the 10 spots that it can spawn, they don't spawn in like that numbered order or anything, I just put the numbers for screenshot purposes.

All the screenshots are up now, if anyone still can't find it let me know and ill try to explain how to get to it.

All the screenshots are up now, if anyone still can't find it queue against me and watch where I fly in the seconds before I turn you and your ship into an exotic set of inhalants.

Fixed that for you.

It was explained by the devs (honestly I can't remember where, or else I would link it) that there are certain spots that will always spawn a DO but they can also spawn at random anywhere on the map (at a much lower frequency than other power-ups). I believe they also said that the "always spawn" points are close to the midpoint of the map.

It was explained by the devs (honestly I can't remember where, or else I would link it) that there are certain spots that will always spawn a DO but they can also spawn at random anywhere on the map (at a much lower frequency than other power-ups). I believe they also said that the "always spawn" points are close to the midpoint of the map.

Right, and then Drako figured out where the "supercluster" spawn points are and documented them.

Unless you are calling the veracity of the guide into question. In that case you are just wrong, but salvation is "page 1" click away!

The rare spawns are not documented here, because, as the dev said, ANY powerup can spawn as a DO instead- but, this is rare. This is the supercluster on each map.

Edited by Verain

If you click on the words super cluster at the bottom of the original post I have a link to where the devs explained it all. The maps are of these super clusters that can only spawn DO.

Hope that helps :)

Right, and then Drako figured out where the "supercluster" spawn points are and documented them.

Some of these are not super clusters. I went to some of those thinking there would be DO there, as in some previous matches, to only see an Engine power-up.

There are some few points rightfully identified as points where only DO spawns... But definitely not all the 10 listed here are DO-only spawns although I recognize they have big chances of spawning them.

Edited by Altheran

Most of the supercluster have near (not adjacent) other ones.

It's also possible that a couple of them are wrong- but if that's the case, please take a screenshot of the incorrect powerup and post it here, along with the number on Drako's post it corresponds to.

I'll do it if I have the time (and if I think about it). But has to be noted that I recognized that they spawn it more than not... It is also possible those I think not being super clusters are actually ones but have a slight chance to not spawn DO (unintended behavior)

If I had to give a quick example, I saw non DO spawn at #1 of Kuat, although it will be DO for the great majority of the time.

I'll do it if I have the time (and if I think about it). But has to be noted that I recognized that they spawn it more than not... It is also possible those I think not being super clusters are actually ones but have a slight chance to not spawn DO (unintended behavior)

If I had to give a quick example, I saw non DO spawn at #1 of Kuat, although it will be DO for the great majority of the time.

So map wise there are definitely spots that overlap, for example #7 on kuat has a regular power up exactly under it in a tunnel, only on the map it looks like its the DO in the exact same spot. However #1 on kuat will always be a damage overcharge, there is however a buff that spawn about 1 circle lenght north of it, between the structures and not on the ground floor like the DO at #1 spawns, you can see in the screenshot that the buff on the ground is where the DO will spawn.

I hope that clears up what you meant. :)

Super cluster can spawn other powerup... it's just less likely....

That has not been the case for me ever, I'm going to have to argue this completly. In the super cluster spots I have not seen anything spawn but a DO.

That has not been the case for me ever, I'm going to have to argue this completly. In the super cluster spots I have not seen anything spawn but a DO.

Agrees with Drak. The positions pointed out on the maps only spawn DOs, nothing else.

Now, some of the spawn points for the regular powerups are close by, but never on the spot where the DO spawns. Using the Kuat Mesas #1 spot as an example, there are 2 regular spawns there. One is behind and toward the middle of the structure, behind the girder. The second is above the first, almost at the ceiling. There are also spawns at each of the points that jut out from the sides, in between the vertical pillars and a very rare spawn underneath the cliff. Its easy to get confused, especially when racing to the spots and then the blood rush that comes after when search for a victi...err, target.

Also great guide Drak, but do all those screenshots need to have me dying in them?

Edited by ShadowsNIte

Ah Brute, my Damage Overcharge nemesis, you're the reason I came up with a whole new ship build just to get and use damage overcharges better ^^. It just happened to be the games you were playing that night that I started taking screenshots. :p

So map wise there are definitely spots that overlap, for example #7 on kuat has a regular power up exactly under it in a tunnel, only on the map it looks like its the DO in the exact same spot. However #1 on kuat will always be a damage overcharge, there is however a buff that spawn about 1 circle lenght north of it, between the structures and not on the ground floor like the DO at #1 spawns, you can see in the screenshot that the buff on the ground is where the DO will spawn.

I hope that clears up what you meant. :)

I'm almost certain that I already saw something else there.

But it was mostly in response to the affirmation that the list only contains super clusters (I believe it's Verain who said that) which I think is not true.

Let's consider that the non DO do not spawn next to the ground on that particular location but slightly upward in the air... that's still technically the same cluster.

Remember what the devs said : power-ups are spawned in clusters, each cluster contains a few spawn points. There's one super cluster which only contains DO.

So by this logic, #1 of Kuat is not a super cluster. To be one it would have several locations around it, but still dedicated to DO.

It is possible that this particular spawn point of this normal cluster is dedicated to DO or greatly favors it, but that's not a super cluster.

On the other hand, the half constructed Imperial war ship in Shipyards is definitely a super cluster. It fits the definition : has multiple spawns points, and spawns DO only.

Edited by Altheran

I'm almost certain that I already saw something else there.

Feel free to link a screenshot of something else being there.

Let's consider that the non DO do not spawn next to the ground on that particular location but slightly upward in the air... that's still technically the same cluster.

No, it isn't.

Remember what the devs said : power-ups are spawned in clusters, each cluster contains a few spawn points. There's one super cluster which only contains DO.

The devs said that, and it could be true. But it doesn't make what you said correct. It's also possible the dev was abbreviating something. Another possibility is that the nodes from a non-supercluster are deliberately close to the DO spawns.

So by this logic, #1 of Kuat is not a super cluster. To be one it would have several locations around it, but still dedicated to DO.

Is this your lived experience, or do you actually see the DOs in the same spot far too often to account for this?

Again, Drako put a lot of work into this, and every place he documents spawns DOs- and if one doesn't, it shouldn't be hard to find screenshots of something else spawned there, right? Or DOs spawned near where he puts them, etc.

In the case of #1 Kuat, I didn't need Drako to learn that one by heart very early. Whenever a spot appears at that one telltale part of the map, it's a DO.

Consider also this possibility: The Devs gave us an abbreviated version and the truth is a bit different. Maybe the supercluster can spawn non-DOs at some low rate. What I do know is this: if these marks light up on your map, it's almost assuredly a DO, and worth your time.

Is it because I named you that you try to destroy my post while ignoring some key parts ?

Again, I did not sorted out the possibility of a slight chance of having something else in the super cluster. Neither I sorted out the possibility that normal clusters that can spawn a DO does it at specific location amongst the several of the cluster. None of these possibilities (and I clearly stated them) discredit the work of Drako.

So stop the white knighting, and realize that one location doesn't make a cluster on his own. The devs may have given us a simplified version, but regardless of being simplified or not, that would be very contradictory to the definition of a cluster.

So your assumption this is a list of super clusters only, is very unlikely.

Edited by Altheran