ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

08.10.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

Bioware hates me. I probably wont get to play until Thursday and then there will be no grace period so I wont get to play until I get my CE from amazon on the 22nd.

Some "smooth launch" Bioware.

I frankly am quite frustrated with this process. I purchased my game, via the origin/EA store and using my registered account which I will play with, on July 21st. However, I did not read the "fine print" (aka I didn't scroll to the bottom of my pre-order receipt email) so I did not know I had to take the extra step of applying it to my account. After all, I bought the game through my account to begin with.

The result is I did not know I had to apply it until November 4 when a friend mentioned it to me. So, I essentially paid $5 (pre-order fee beyond the game purchase itself) for the privilege of being frustrated. I emailed Customer Support regarding this including all pertinent details such as order number date and email address it was registered to and basically got a "sorry we're not going to do anything" reply.

To be blunt, I'm half a step away from demanding a refund on the pre-order fee, and seriously doubt I will ever again pre-order anything from EA/Origin due to their lackluster response to this issue.

You make an excellent case for cancelling. Well reasonaed and infallible.

So why haven't you done so already?

I hope you reconsider, and stay in the game. If you do leave, however, you make your point valid.

Have a friend who preordered last week and entered his code on Friday 9th December and he is in.

Seriously if your going to say your letting people in depending on when they entered their code then that's fine, but when people start to see you going back on your word and just randomly inviting people that is when people can get annoyed.

Entered my code on the 25th July, i'm being paitent but when a friend who entered his code like only 4 days ago gets in?

Sorry that is silly.

regardless of "when" someone pre-ordered thier game should have absolutely no bearing at all. There was never any mention of this when we all bought the game. So the $100 I spent on pre-ordering the "CE" now grants me a day, or two, or perhapse three, or four days less of early game play than anyone else?

Why?

Because you want to "Ramp up your servers slowly"??

I call "BS"... how many years have you guys had to make sure you had enough hampsters in your servers to make a smooth launch?

Also.... this is just the early access customers trying to log in Bioware....

What the heck are you gonna do on the actual official game launch day when the disc's hit the stores? Tell them they can install the game, but we will let you all log in one week at a time?

Seriously disappointed Bioware.... I mean.... really.... wow.... what a let down this whole "early access" thing has turned out to be.

It's pretty pathetic how they're doing this. The only reason why I pre-ordered was to get early access with everyone else so I could play on a PVP server and not be camped by higher levels like Rift and every other MMO that I have played. I guess that was too much to ask for.

I'd cancel, but noooo I can't anymore because I got a code. This is my first Bioware game, and so far its not a good experience. If I was going to get in today, I wouldn't be mad at all. I'd be fine with that, but because I'm being pushed aside for the people who pre-ordered first, and I'm not getting in until the 18th, I'm not exactly happy.

i can wait to the 15th, but any later than that i will be a little bit pissed, i mean i only got this pre-order so i can get early access, if im not gonna get that why would i even bother pre-ordering in the first place

the way it should work is that if they POTENTIALLY want to give me access the i should POTENTIALLY not have to pay a penny until i have that access, but they already got my money

No where, never once, did BW say you would get in 5 days early. It's always been UP TO 5 days. Don't understand how people can be so peeved if they don't get in on the 15th. If you get in on the 19th then BW is still living up to their word.

Shut up, quit crying and understand that any early access is a bonus. Jesus...figured most that played this would be mature. There goes that idea.

It's pretty pathetic how they're doing this. The only reason why I pre-ordered was to get early access with everyone else so I could play on a PVP server and not be camped by higher levels like Rift and every other MMO that I have played. I guess that was too much to ask for.

I'd cancel, but noooo I can't anymore because I got a code. This is my first Bioware game, and so far its not a good experience. If I was going to get in today, I wouldn't be mad at all. I'd be fine with that, but because I'm being pushed aside for the people who pre-ordered first, and I'm not getting in until the 18th, I'm not exactly happy.

Dawg, you ain't cancelling. You're complaining that you didn't get in within the first 2 hours :p

Just as excited as anyone to play... I preodered in July but didn't redeem the code until September on the site... I get in when I get in... More concerned with as smooth a launch as possible... and if that means we wait... well... patience is a good thing :)