Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You could be an idiot like me and preoder the game 7 am on july 21st and forgot the register the code until Aug 30th.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH...God damn. Do I feel sorry for YOU! What- dude, what were you thinking!?! Oh my gosh! That's horrible! D: You deserve....well, not MY spot but someone elses! Someone, give this guy an invite right now!

Of course the whole argument for waves is flawed.....

Why? I hear you cry!

The reason is this .. You send out the invites but people are at work/ school / Xmas shopping etc. etc.

Then when people get home your servers are suddenly flooded with lots of people all trying to log in at the same time, kind of defeats the purpose really.

Having said that it really will depend on just how many invites are in a wave though, if it was just a few thousand then it wouldn't make a lot of difference one way or another.

I got a two hour class today starting in an hour. Hopefully when I get back, I'll see the early access email invitation. This week is finals week at the college. I hope I do well.

Thanks for the update, now I know it is an error

Edited by Maj-Odo

Attention people who claim the "early access is a perk, a gift, a benefit, that isn't required and was never promised!"

I know for a FACT that a lot of people pre-ordered for early access.

I know for a FACT that pre-orders are instrumental to the video game industry because it allows the developers to ascertain how many to make and how many to accommodate for.

And I know for a FACT that employees and automated systems can fail. I work for GameStop and the employee had to manually put in a sku code for a pre-order code to print. If you pre-ordered with some newbie employee then I guarantee you didn't get your code.

It's absolutely absurd to release an early access this way.

I'm not angry because I'm not playing. I'm angry because my friends and guild mates are and they're going to be in different zones then I when I start to play.

As far as I'm concerned, I PAID for my early access when I pre-ordered it.

Early access isn't a gift or something that wasn't promised--it's the opposite. Early Access was a marketing tool to promote sales. Early Access was an advertisement.

I know for a fact that capitalising words mid sentence doesn't give them any greater impact

Uh excuse me but did any of that sound like I wascomplaining to you because I wasn't, if I was complaining you would be well aware of it. I am now however ranting at you for making an assumption about me when NOTHING in my post implied that I was complaining to bioware.

wow maybe you sould have spent your money on angermanagement and not a game

It's honestly a flawed system, because there are countless invites for people that aren't even able to log in...work etc. So, it isn't really allowing X amount of new clients on.

Maybe I am biased, because I haven't lagged out on a launch since UO. I pay pre-order strictly for early access, it is an expectation from previous games. Ah well, I have a midterm tomorrow, I can study I suppose :).

No MMO has launched with these numbers.

all those who are busy pouring their green guts all over those who complain about not getting in as quick as possible at early access:

it is not about getting a free early access - it is about the fact that when early access is being offered - then players want to get in as quick as possible to claim their toon-names.

in my own case - after getting my toon-names i can easily wait a couple of days playing - early access or not.

That is another Valid point which BW will nicely not give a crap about. HAHAHAHA

It's not terribly important to me whether I get access now or some other day, but I'm very upset that I haven't been told when I would get it.

Any disruption to my sleep schedule causes me to get a migraine. I preordered and registered the CE on July 22nd and got up at 4am this morning expecting to receive access to the game. I knew I would get a migraine, but it would be worth it to get the character names I wanted. Well, I have the migraine, but no access. You guys think this isn't a queue? It is one, and I've been sitting in it for 4 hours now, only with no feedback whatsoever as to how long I'll be in it.

I'm sick as a dog, and I have to work today. Thanks for nothing, Bioware. Worst launch ever.

^ Possibly my favorite post I've ever seen on a gaming forum. I get so sick of my "Participation Trophy" peers. But we ain't all like that :D

Exactly. Maybe if we're lucky, the people claiming that they're quitting will actually follow through.