Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

regardless of "when" someone pre-ordered thier game should have absolutely no bearing at all. There was never any mention of this when we all bought the game. So the $100 I spent on pre-ordering the "CE" now grants me a day, or two, or perhapse three, or four days less of early game play than anyone else?

Why?

Because you want to "Ramp up your servers slowly"??

I call "BS"... how many years have you guys had to make sure you had enough hampsters in your servers to make a smooth launch?

Also.... this is just the early access customers trying to log in Bioware....

What the heck are you gonna do on the actual official game launch day when the disc's hit the stores? Tell them they can install the game, but we will let you all log in one week at a time?

Seriously disappointed Bioware.... I mean.... really.... wow.... what a let down this whole "early access" thing has turned out to be.

By this way of thinking the first date that WAS announced was Dec. 15th for EGA... Sooooo I guess you can stop the QQing and Ill see you on the 15th....

But when I look a the launch screen it tells me "there is no subscription attached to this account".

Do I need to have paid for my monthly subscription to get into early access? That seems odd as I've never experienced that with any other MMO. Is it just an error or placeholder message?

Pre-ordered my game in September, entered my code a while back and I was in all the Betas so I should receive my early access invite...er...soonish? Eventually?

:confused:

No you dont, the message about no subscription being attatched is a 'default' message for when the game officialy launches. Its also doubleing as a way to tell if youve been given early access yet (as when you are, that message will go away and the 'play' button will light up).

Dear BW,

Long time customer, first time poster. In all my years of supporting and playing your games I have never been more confused by your actions then right now. First off, you have been holding onto our money for 6 months and yet to provide a service to us. So giving a statement like "That's about as specific as we're going to get right now." is a straight kick in the balls to all of your obvious loyal community so far. There are people that have taken off time from work for this. People that have not slept ect. At the very least you OWE them a bit more of an accurate timeline. Early access is a gift.... ok. Tell me that when I can finally log in and my mates are 10-20 levels higher then I am.

Secondly, you doing this in waves is actually an illogical move. You have no idea what sells will be like on launch come the 20th. You "could" end up with 10 times what the pre-sales have been. So because you are taking us in on waves.... doesn't test your over all capability. With that being said, we expect server crashes and stuff on early access. This is the final chance for you to test server stability and your pissing all over the opportunity while at the same time on us.

Thirdly, just because I want to throw this in there. *** were you thinking going with EA. FAIL FAIL FAIL... the dumb *** that decided that needs to be fired. This is the LAST game I will ever purchase with EA.

Sincerely,

Confused and unhappy BW customer.

You like my hero now !

You know, Bioware could have just said forget the Early Access, and let all of us who pre-ordered be content with the extra goodies and still force us to play on the 20th. Instead they do the 'waves' of players coming in, at first giving us 5 extra days. Now it's seven.

Sure that means those who pre-ordered first might get a day or two head start over us who pre-ordered later? So what? To me that only means I might actually get five days to play instead of one or two before launch. AND I'M GRATEFUL. Grateful for something freely given that Bioware was not, in any way, required to give at all.

So to those who are whining, it's the equivalent of a man giving you a dollar, and the whiners slapping the man across the face saying, "Fool, give me a five!"

Rediculous.

Anyways, can't wait to play, kinda glad I work this morning, better than sitting here refreshing my email or somesuch. XD

Thank you! *golf clap*

Red Five, standing by!

er...that is, August 30th, standing by.

Pwease? :D

:csw_xwing:

You're in the same boat as me. 5 months between Pre-Orders starting and the game being released; I was hoping it'd average about 3/4 of a month per day, but the slow ramp-up time is understandable, nonetheless.

Still doesn't take the anticipation away, mind. ^^

19,000 physical pre-orders. Not online Pre-orders. So you're wrong.

yes and no.... i didnt count digital. or EU, ETC// this is just physical usa.. and with digital, and other countries included I dont see it surpassing the amount that the game can hold. does digital sales always double or triple the amount of physical? or maybe 10x? even so theres plenty of room, and the first 2 days of people should be playing IMO.. yeah IMO>..not fact,

TIME FOR WAVE 3!!

Wave 1 was sent 2 hours ago

Wave 2 was sent 1 hour ago

Wave 1 and 2 were sent and hour apart, it's been an hour, time for 3! :D

wrong

wave 1, 3 hrs ago, wave 2, ~1.5 hrs ago and was ahead of schedule

reasonable assumption is each wave is 2 hrs spread apart

I feel sorry for Bioware. They could have let every one in at once, but of course it would be like every other mmo launch and there would be server crashes and wait times. Of course, every one would then flock to the forums to cry about how cowardly and pathetic Bioware is and what a terrible launch this was.

Then we have staggered launch, where people complain when they haven't been let in - either way, they can't win.

Oh well, I'll grab my popcorn and continue to enjoy all the nerd rage. Good luck to us all :cool:

Nothing to tell more about this. +1

EA / Bioware: Spend the most money producing this MMO of any MMO to date.

Yet, can't handle their pre-order customer load on early access (day 1) within 3 hours?

Nobody should expect that... the surge will be huge, and they need to spread things out so there aren't 1000+ people trying to run around on each starter planet concurrently.

These worlds consist of a large cluster of very expensive servers each, and they need to make good use of that hardware, spreading player levels over time to help balance that load across all planets on each world (and the whole cluster of servers for that world). If they have 2 million pre-orders and wanted to allow everyone to rush the gates all at once, they'd probably need like 1000 worlds (not 107). Then, post-launch, they'd have massive server mergers once the excitement died down (because once players spread out past the starting planets, each of those worlds would feel too empty).

Even just the Day 1 rush will be huge (although perhaps they'll finish that up by the end of today). Didn't they have like 350K pre-orders on July 21st?

Kudos to them for spreading things out, hopefully keeping the launch smooth. I don't expect to get in until maybe Saturday, but that's OK. My kids won't be joining me until Tuesday ;).

Khafar

Edited by Khafar

....you would rather wait until the 20th than get in on (at the very least) the 19th?

How exactly, does your thought process work?

Fed up of origin. They didnt send me a pre order code when i first pre ordered, then when they did, it told me that i had redeemed my code. However, I now find that I am yet to redeem my code according to swtor.com?

This wouldn't be too much of a problem if I could actually speak to someone who would answer my questions, but origin can't do that, and have a website that is like trying to navigate a minefield. I'm starting to wonder whether i'm even going to be able to play at all.

As a result of this, I'm going to just grunt and bear it for a week, and order off amazon, who I know are reliable and can at least answer my questions if something goes wrong...

I do understand why they handle launch the way the do. But i somehow cant understand why they cant sent us an email with at least RAW estimates. It would spare us sitting in front of computer waiting for miracle to happen. They got us grounded and that is not a good way how to treat customers. If id be 100% i wont get in today i would go out or do something else. I even know people that took vacation from work. And they are sitting in front of PC looking and feeling like idiots. It wouldnt hurt to send an email:

Here are the estimate times of waves, if you have pre ordered 21-22 you can expect to get in around 14 00. If you pre ordered 23-26 and so on... This time might change due to server load.... Its not carved in stone but it would at least give people some IDEA when they can get in. If i knew for example my wave is originally scheduled for thursday i wont take day off on tuesday....

Time to take a break and brave the freezing cold weather here to go and get my son from school, hoping a new wave's gone out by the time I get back. Good luck everyone waiting for access and remember BioWare are working their butts off to deliver the product that we all want. Here's to a smooth launch on the 20th!

got a question here: i've got the two dates in my account info (which many of you posted before), however when i look at my account, i got this screenshot....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/starwarss.png/

I'm pretty sure i redeemed my code, anyone else got the same?

I've got this too and it made me freak out to the effect that I tried to enter the code about 10 times afterwards! I think it's just for the CD key of the game, which we won't get until official launch :)

got a question here: i've got the two dates in my account info (which many of you posted before), however when i look at my account, i got this screenshot....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/starwarss.png/

I'm pretty sure i redeemed my code, anyone else got the same?

yeah, I've got this. I was worried at first, but I think it's supposed to be like that.

Anyway, I redeemed my code I think on the 25th of July. Still not in yet