Update on Nightmare Loot Changes

EricMusco

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Okay, i'd want to post here what i think about this.

First, I am really happy that devs read players opinions and sometimes even care about it (rarely tho), but the problem now is not only this.

The game raiding community is slowly dying, as there is no new end game PVE content, and even the hardest content we have at this moment gives you maybe a little bit more than nothing.

You may ask why? - 224 gear is already farmed via Hard Mode operations with plenty of alts, just one week of EV as priority forced ppl to farm it like crazy, and the 224 gear reward for conent that people do in 186 yavin comms gear is kinda rediculous. Why run Nims then?

The best solution for this problem in my opinion could be:

Add 228 gear tier exclusive only to NIM raids - running them will make sense.

Keep the 224 gear tier exclusive for PT operations - it will help players that cant get into good nim group (or not skilled enough yet) to get better gear than they have, as well as force them to improve their skill (if they try to run something other than EV/KP).

Also it will help NIM progression groups if they lack some #numbers so they can get some better gear that can help them (not sure tho, as the difference between 220 is not that big)

And the last thing is that if we dont have any actual PVE group content in near future - add at least ToS and Ravagers NiM modes + something in reward for completing them (exept those world first achievements - as they are actual only first few weeks).

That may return some of the raiders back, and keep them subbing till we get a new operation at least (thats what everyone pretty much want now). It's really killing me when i see old hardcore guilds that used to be active and had like 4-5 prog teams in guild being dead.

Sincerely yours,

Mathcore and maybe some of the raiding community

Great idea! Adding 228 gear or Legendary Gear with a rare drop rate will for sure make NIM raids worth doing!:D

• 10 months later...

We saw a lot of feedback over the past few weeks where many of you felt strongly that Nightmare should be a guaranteed source for the best gear, even if that means the priority HM was equivalent. The reason that we did not make it this way initially is we had concerns about players ability to gain best in slot gear extremely quickly. However, if a group of players is skilled enough to run through multiple Nightmare Operations in a single week, we should reward that appropriately.

I feel like we've come a full circle with the Galactic Command, so bumping the thread about this important lesson I thought we learned with 4.0.

I wish this would have come sooner because I saw a lot of people leave when guaranteed drops were removed. Additionally, with EV/KP dropping 224 gear when the HHM it doesn't really make sense if you say you didn't want people to gear up too quickly.

People like to be rewarded for their effort.

You should link the threads about RNG gearing in pvp when the game launches too, because thought they learned from the entire community out cry

Oh, you mean 1.1.2 Bag Changes. There were probably more before that, but with the dev tracker going only back to 2013, that's the only thread with developer responses on it. But here are the important developer responses in chronological order:

Let me just point this out, since there's confusion about it.

The 1.1.2. bag changes have reduced the RNG element on drops DRAMATICALLY. Exactly what you guys asked for.

Instead of hoping to get specific item tokens, you now get (more) commendations that you can turn into an item of your choice. That is a lot more deterministic and reliable than opening bags and hoping for a token.

-- Georg

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough, so we'll get it updated before the patch goes to the live servers. Here are some specifics:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7 Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

We do still intend on adding more intro level 50 PvP items as well as change how Battlemaster Commendations operate toward the same 'steady' goal. It's just the scope of that change was more than could be done in a weekly patch as it included vendor changes, conversions to existing commendations on players already, etc.

That being said, the current interim 'gearing up' system will change significantly when we introduce Ranked Warzones (aiming for Game Update 1.2). Stay tuned for more details on that.

- Gabe

The cost of Champion and Centurion items are NOT changing.

The chance for a Battlemaster Commendation to be in a Battlemaster Bag is NOT changing. It is still 25%.

To reiterate the mention in my previous post, we will be changing Battlemaster Commendation drops in a future patch toward the same 'steady' progession goal without changing the overall average time to gear up.