Help with IO Merc PVP

wolfpackwest

Hey yall!

I'm a casual player that's trying to up my PVP game. Traditionally, I play Arsenal, but after seeing how ridiculous the damage output of IO can be, I've decided to try to learn it. However, it's been rough!

I watched Mark Biggs's IO guide on YouTube, and I'm trying to use his Dots - Filler - Unload - Filler - Detonator - Mag Shot - Power Shot - Mag Shot rotation, using supercharged gas off cooldown, and spreading my dots with Explosive Dart when the enemy is stacked.

I'm running Concentrated Fire with the tactical that buffs up Supercharged Gas and Burn (forgot the name).

However, I've found that in 1v1 situations, I have zero burst to help me down an enemy, and the casts for Serrated Bolt and Unload get endlessly interrupted. Also, in the heat of the moment, I get lost on my rotations, which is why Arsenal's priority rotation was a bit easier (not as set, just based on using things off cooldown in certain orders). Finally, I have trouble target switching - once someone goes down or bubbles up, should I restart the rotation on another target, or start where I left off?

I'm sure many of you can see some areas for improvement from what I've said - I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks!

Might help you to know what you can drop and still do a rotation.

The skeleton rotation:

GCD01 Incendiary Missile (reapplying the elemental DoT)

GCD02 Mag Shot (venting 5 heat and making next Power Shot instant)

GCD03 Power Shot (making next Mag Shot free)

GCD04 Mag Shot (venting 5 heat)

GCD05 ------ Filler Slot

GCD06 ------ Filler Slot

GCD07 ------ Filler Slot

GCD08 Unload (making next Mag Shot free)

GCD09 Unload continued

GCD10 ------ Filler Slot

Serrated interrupted? Let it go. Maybe do it later. Not essential for the rotation. You want it for damage but if you can't do it then you can't do it.

Unload interrupted? Doesn't matter, you got the Mag Shot reset on the first tick. The second Mag Shot reset is with an instant Power Shot so you can't be stopped. Do not forget that you NEED to fill the GCD of an interrupted Unload with rapid shots or something or the next reset will fail because there wasn't enough time spent.

Incendiary can be moved to any empty spot and TD can be put in anywhere.

Burst is from both dots, triggering Supercharge (for its extra burn and autocrit on MS) your TD and a PS/MS/PS.

Apart from that you just try to do your basic rotation and if a target dies continue exactly where you were on the next. There is no way to "reset" on a new target without waiting out cooldowns (or spending more heat that requires you to cover with a resource cooldown).

Edited by Gyronamics