The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Last time I "tanked" mando raiders, it was on my shadow. Except I was balance spec and geared because the healer was my guildie (we tend to just dps in the tank role often now). When we got to the 2 dogs boss, I killed the boss before the 2 dps (they were very bad) got the 1st dog to 50%. The dogs did enrage, but my guildie was happy because now she had something to heal. I also killed the 2nd dog solo while they finished off the 1st dog still, lol. 4k DPS balance shadow ftw.

Oh, I never said how wrong things would go. And nevermind the fact that, when the tank kills the boss before the DerPS kill the dogs, things are already going wrong to begin with.

Would avoid in PUGs, don't trust anyone there :p.

Would avoid in PUGs, don't trust anyone there :p.

I actually love to screw with PUGs when running HM FPs. My favorite is when I pull the sand boss on Meltdown. If I run with my guildie healing (I am "tanking", but really a DPS) I just keep the boss in the middle and just burn him, completely ignoring the sandstorm. Usually the other 2 PUG dps freak out and start telling us to move him to the generator. We ignore them and continue to burn the boss while my guildie out-heals the sandstorm damage (yes on HM). When the boss dies, the PUGs are completely shocked that it worked, no one died and most of the time our health never dropped below 75%.

I have also healed the sand boss on my mando ignoring the generators. Trauma probe and kolto bomb make that sandstorm damage more like lol-mode, not hard mode. One of the parses was something like 5.5k+ effective heals.

Edited by Immortal-nite

Just remembered a weird experience last double xp weekend. My friend and I were leveling his op healer and my sorc dps. His was level 54 or so and I was 55 but I wanted to help him level so we queue up for 50 hm. Lost island. Great. Our jugg tank is geared as dps. Great. My friend tries his hardest but the guy just melts to everything so I end up respeccing to hybrid heals dps. We wipe on the droid boss. No surprise. We move on and wipe on savrak. No surprise. We pass him and get to bonus boss and try it. Fail. The "tank" leaves so I wip out xalek. We get to final boss and cant clear. I say screw it and relog to my tank and finish it. That took more than an hour, which is thirty minutd more than it should have

The ironies of Merc-healing:

On the one hand:

A tactical --Depths of Manaan-- being a total nightmare because of two idiot Madness players, one of each AC, clearly hilari-bads trying to ride the PvP flavour of the month to e-peenzor glory.

Multiple wipes because of these idiots chain-pulling, me "tanking" every add that spawned because the happy-happy-derpty-derps tunnelled in on the bosses, 15k cred repair-bill, the whole deal. And this was with two Merc-healers, the other being quite overgeared for anything below raid-level content, and clearly having some idea what s/he was doing.

Oh, and me adding yet another flagged-and-proud jut-jawed PvP hero to the ignore-list, mustn't forget that.

On the other hand:

Directive 7 [HARD] --like 95% of the "healing" I did was just spamming my filler heal, Kolto missile for its talented buff, and refreshing Kolto Shell to keep people above 90% health, and this was with a ('Sin-)tank who used Force-Speed on cooldown, so ended up ranging my heals on several occasions.

The only time anyone ever really looked like they might be in trouble was during the Mentor fight, and that only because that room is so huge, combined with the tank and one DPSer both having Force Speed (on CD again). I think the Sorc. stood in the stupid whilst out of my range a couple times, too. But then, Supercharged Kolto Missile ---> Emergency Scan ---> Power Surge'ed Rapid Scan ---> back to SCG stack-building, with the odd ENet/Unload/RailShot on the BFG wielding robot when he spawned.

Now, one would think that the trinity-based instance that is explicitly designed to be harder --its mission-type tag even says so!-- would be the one that would actually challenge an at-best-averagely-decent clicky healer like me, but....Yeah, there ya go.

With that said, I am very much looking forward to the hard-mode of Depths of Manaan, especially if it's tuned around an increased level cap. I seriously think that there are the makings of a truly great one there, and one that I hope punishes stupid most harshly.

A couple of stories of people being unwilling to move very far.

Colincoid, final boss. Im on vang tank theres sentinel dps, vanguard dps and sorc healer.

Get to the final boss, eventually (none have done this before and, despite having it repeated to them both the dps don't understand the consoles in the laser barrier puzzles need to be channeled) and kill the 3 beasties with ease. I end up having to ask the healer to sort out my armour debuff from the ackay thingy, though im not surprised, theres no mission that actually teaches healers how useful cleanse is until you suddenly get it thrown at you in HM.

At the droid boss, with me tanking and both dps playing in melee it isn't long before every bit of ground within melee range of the boss is covered in that flame attack of his. I therefore do the good old tanking trick, stand underneath the droid with some DCD's up. This causes the droid to move and my DCD's cope with the fire. Once the droid has moved over so is not stood in the fire I move to a side of him which is clear of flames. However throughout this entire process both dps have been stood in flames and now there is a safe place to melee the boss from....they ignore it and continue to beat away at the boss from the flame bits. I therefore have to push the boss back a couple more times so he is completely clear of the flames. The sentinel then pipes up having a go at me for moving the boss....

__________________________________-

Kaon Under Siege with my 55 jugg tank. Sin dps lvl 51, merc dps lvl 51, merc healer lvl 52. Get to the big red boss that you have to drag around the room to all the 4 canisters (something I really hate with his regular knockback with over 30m range and threat drops). Still I try and do my best, I drag it over to the first thing and blow it up. I then set off for the second 1. Along the way I notice my hp is getting low and throw afew def buffs. They do their job...for a while, but soon enough I am on low hp and having problems. I take a look at where people are and notice the healer is still on the other side of the plaza thing you fight this boss in. In the end I die and the pull results in a wipe.

Myself and the dps ask the healer if they prehaps lagged or went afk or something, but no...

healer: "why did you run out of range, im not some pet thats going to follow you round"

me: "are you new to this fight?"

healer: "lmao you going to try to blame me because you refuse to stand in range of the healer"

merc dps: "mate, hes supposed to run around the room, its part of the fight"

healer: "I can't cast heals when moving, once you get low hp just wait a while"

me: "please speak up if your new to something so we can try to avoid unnecessary wipes"

I then start to explain the pull (as much as I know, im not 100% on this fight, there may be a way to prevent his horrible knockback). The healer tells me to stop patronising him and quits the group, but not before informing us 3 noobs that we will promptly arrive on his ignore list.

Edited by BobFredJohn

idk I always do that when I can. DPS should stop slacking if tank kills boss before they are done with adds :)

I feel the same. But only if the DPS should be able to dps the adds down in time. My shadowtank is almost full 186 geared so I dont expect a group of 2 27kHP dps to finish off the adds before me. If the DPS are 180 geared than its their issue indeed. Also sometimes in mando raiders I just dps the dogs instead of the boss. As long as I keep the boss away in his red circle phase there is no pain for the healer.

Regarding the funnier job for healing when the adds enrage. I wouldnt mind doing this with a healer guildy but I am treating pug healers with more safety. Personally I dont mind healing getting somewhat more rough. For example in atthis I tend to get some extra adds in when I see the tank is taking the guardians and disciples 1 by 1.

I feel the same. But only if the DPS should be able to dps the adds down in time. My shadowtank is almost full 186 geared so I dont expect a group of 2 27kHP dps to finish off the adds before me. If the DPS are 180 geared than its their issue indeed. Also sometimes in mando raiders I just dps the dogs instead of the boss. As long as I keep the boss away in his red circle phase there is no pain for the healer.

Regarding the funnier job for healing when the adds enrage. I wouldnt mind doing this with a healer guildy but I am treating pug healers with more safety. Personally I dont mind healing getting somewhat more rough. For example in atthis I tend to get some extra adds in when I see the tank is taking the guardians and disciples 1 by 1.

Gotta remember that those 27k hp DPS are still doing 33% more DPS than you are each, but yeah I understand your issue.

Now if you decided to prevent the healer from falling asleep by tanking in DPS gear...

Now if you decided to prevent the healer from falling asleep by tanking in DPS gear...

On that topic....

False emperor, me on my vanguard tank, 2 vanguard dps and a scoundrel healer.

I notice 1 vanguard dps in in ion cell. I ask them to switch and there is no answer. They then set off to pull 1 elite droid, open with mortar volley then follow with storm (a tank tree ability) and I can see some tank tree buffs popping.

It becomes clear this vanguard dps is actually a tank, I therefore check their gear. Its stacked with power, accuracy and alacrity. Dps gear on a tank specced person set to dps role. I decide it would be best that I tank as they aren't mit stat geared. I therefore guard this tank/dps or whatever the hell they think they are (opening with mortar volley is either a dps or a pathetic tank, but they do move to melee and use pulse cannon, but not on the buff obviously, that would be sensible).

I end up tanking the next few pulls and notice that this vanguard in dps gear, stacked power and in ion cell, who keeps switching off my guard (so I move it to the actual dps) cant pull off me without using taunt. Im feeling quite happy with my rotation if a higher level, harder hitting person can't pull. However the healer isn't happy.

The healer keeps telling mr tank/dps to stop taunting on cd (the only way he has any chance of holding aggro) as he takes a lot more damage than me. The tank/dps doesn't answer. I then suggest to them that they let me tank as I seem to know the rotation better (they have started using full auto now between their mortar volley and storm) and I am correctly geared. No answer. We end up doing the entire mission like this, with everyone constantly reminding the tank/dps who is in what role.

Malgus fight is interesting as the tank/dps is taunting on cd to keep aggro (thanks to a sage healer I ran with a few weeks ago and their advice I can now vang tank without any need for taunts, as such I cba taunting back). However this tank/dps doesn't kite malgus against the wall and instead kites him. As such people are thrown around everywhere. Still we get it done and tank/dps promptly ends up on ignore of all 3 of us.

On a side note, something strange I have noticed recently while tanking. I was in a different false emperor run with a shadow dps who liked to mind maze, and a mando dps who liked to mortar volley. The shadow would often run in and cc an enemy. I would then start the pull and make sure to build aggro on everything whilst avoiding breaking the cc. The mando dps on the other hand would mortar volley anywhere he wanted and often broke the cc. This ended up with him getting aggro from a strong or elite in a number of pulls.

The mando decides this is a result of my aweful tanking (the fact that I have lost aggro on only 1 enemy is ignored). I explain to him that to build aggro I would have to break cc, which would be pointless. I tell him whoever breaks the cc is going to take the aggro, and if he doesn't want it don't break it.

For the rest of the mission this advice is...ignored. The commando continues to break cc. I wouldn't have any problem at all with this if it wasn't for his attitude. He seemed to think it was still my fault for not tanking.

After this run with this commando I had the exact same issue 2 more times. How can a tank build aggro without breaking cc? and why can't a dps place his aoe sensibly, or, if they can't control their aoe properly, then shoot 1 enemy at a time (though, looking at most dps at this time, that 1 enemy would probably be the cc'ed one).

Edited by BobFredJohn

Had a nice lvl 50 HM FP run on my Assassin Tank, who only this week reached lvl 50. It happened a couple of days ago. :)

I queued for the daily reward and hoping to get a bit of experience, and got an instant pop for Directive 7 HM. Team was me, a lvl 53 Sorc Healer, a lvl 55 Jugg DPS and a lvl 55 Merc DPS. The Merc DPS was in mostly 180s with the odd 168 piece. Jugg was in 162-168. Sorc was wearing 148 rating mods. Guard slapped on the Merc, and off we go.

First pulls are a breeze, and I level up to 51 on the first boss, gaining Phase Walk. :D

The most funny thing however, is that things melted so fast I could just literally stand there and look at them. :p However, everyone is patient and tolerant. Even when my Assassin loses aggro for a brief moment on the Strong and Elite mobs, they don't complain. After all, my Assassin being in full 140 rating gear doesn't make it easy on me to keep aggro above them... :o

The second boss, the three droids, bugs up, with one of the three remaining shielded all the time after the other two are dead. However, for some odd reason we find out that while our attacks don't work our DoTs do. So we spread them like crazy, and eventually down that immortal droid. :confused:

At any rate, we down every boss without a death, except on the one with the two turres. There the Merc rips aggro on both turrets, and before I have a moment to masstaunt - which I do right away... he's dead. :eek:

I felt so bad I apologized in chat three times after the boss was down. The Merc confessed he had no idea what happened, and apologized for ripping aggro. Not his fault, mind you... :(

Still, after that fight we go fast through it, until we reach the final boss. There I realize we lacked one of the consoles that hang on a wall, but said in chat that I wouldn't mind, I was already happy with the whole run happening in hte first place... :o

But the others first abort conversation, and then offer to help me get that last console for the bit of Exp that the bonus gives. I said it was no problem, but they were so kind to do it, that I accepted. In the end, it was the very first one that we missed, so we returned almost to start... Then back to the boss. :D

Now, I tanked Mentor a few times, both in SM and in HM. But I was on my Guardian, Jugg or Powertech. Different kinds of tanks completely. I said so and went to it. I did my best, but regardless I constantly had the Claw's attention, together with at least one - if not two - of the big turrets that spawn regularly. Oh, and don't forget the gigantic droid either...

Only the pro healing that Sorc unleashed, the couple of offheals the Merc threw around and hte fact the Jugg taunted the small turrets as I was busy with the rest made it possible for us to beat it. Amazing team, I wish more people would play like that. ;)

In the end, before parting ways, I apologized to them, because I know all too well how to tank, and my performance was... less then perfect, at the very least. :(

They actually responded I did quite well, considering the gear disadvantage and everything. :o

We all convened that healing was great, and that DPS was focused perfectly. Not bad at all, for a PuG run, I guess. :D

With conquest I've had more motivation to actually complete groupfinder ops, so I've lately been pugging into some groups.

So yesterday, after just completing a 16m turned 8man for final boss I see "LF tank at Brontes" so I'm like oooo ok this will be nice and quick and dirty. I hop on my tank, join the group, and its a guild who looks like it never really has done ops. 4 of the people in the raid were from the guild, one dps and healer were pugged, and the tanks were also pugged. Ok, fine, and I notice the other tank is a friend who I see around quite a bit and I've done a nightmare group with. So the setup: 2 very experienced tanks in full 180 BiS with some 186 pieces, and 4 dps in 162-180 vendor comm gear and 2 healers in around 168 gear. Couldn't be bad, right?

Our first wipe is from no cleanses from the healers on the nanites debuff from kephess clones. Ok, ok, I mean, fine. They'll figure it out. One more wipe to the same thing, the other tank and I get a little annoyed. We criticize the healers, (one of whom was standing directly in front of the tentacle I was tanking on my side, really?) who says first that "he got them" and that "yeah I cleansed the sin tank" (hint: my friend is a sin tank and shrouded them) and finally "they were out of range" and "do you want me to heal or cleanse" to "I've done this multiple times so shut the expletive up". This is from the guilded healer.

Its ABOUT THIS TIME, that the other non guilded healer is like, "uh, so what am I supposed to cleanse"? To which we explain: please adjust your UI to "bleh bleh bleh" and watch debuffs and cleanse them. PERFECT! I whispered him that I really appreciated the humility for asking and we got that all sorted out. We also let healers know that the little cuddly puddly thing put down by the sin tank is actually a good place to stand (WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT). So on this next pull, the healers actually cleansed! We even got to the droid clock phase! Then, disaster strikes...

All of the dps followed the raid leader to like 2 o'clock, where the first droid spawns at like 7:30 and the first one you have to kill is at 9 (on SM groups often skip one droid, bad habit but meh)... The other tank and I can't do enough dps to kill the droids, and by the time the dps downs ONE of the droids (skipped 4 of them) two droids have already exploded. Needless to say, healers.... yeah nope...

Next pull! The "raid leader" (DerPS which led the dps to the wrong droid) whispers me something like "sorry, this one guildie we pulled in sucks and we only took him cuz he's a guildie, the other dps is good cuz he follows instructions and 'terrible healer' is good. Let me know if you have any people you want to pull in". I whisper back "nah, you done ****ed up" and he's like all "awww **** man I sorry" so whatever.

I tell co-tank and we get a good laugh. One pull later healers let dps die to no cleanses, and then we wipe... The hammer comes down from co-tank and I and the guilded players decide that we're "elitist and we suck and bleh bleh bleh". Pro tip: just because someone is better geared than you, tells you that you're doing something wrong or very inefficiently does NOT mean that they are "elitist". It just means you have some learning to do and someone else is helping to facilitate it.

Co-tank and I decide to form our own groupfinder group. He hops on a healer, I get a couple guildies and then pug 4 dps off fleet. Every person except co-tank and a dps (who were in 162/168s) is in 180 gear, the four dps in all comm gear. One of the dps had the S-1 all-star title so I knew he'd at least be aware of what he was doing, and the other 3 dps were actually pretty good as well. One of the guildies that joined was a merc healer for our nightmare team, so heals were obviously set. I didn't actually have a co-tank, just a jugg dps from my guild who I had "co-tank" nefra and brontes.

So we get rolling. After draxus, the nightmare healer from my guild decides to spec dps, and so we've got one tank and one healer for grob'thok, corrupter zero, and brontes. It was so, so freeing having 6 dps. Grob'thok died in just a couple minutes, corrupter zero only had 2 adds waves. and brontes had two kephess clones. The lightning on the clock phase was at 1 o'clock when we killed the droids, and everything else pretty much melted.

And hint: yes, one healer can get all the cleanses from clones in Brontes, although I suppose it helps that the clones died in 5 seconds and that there were 2, not five of them.

TL;DR: Joined a horrible pug that wiped continually on Brontes due to bads being bads, formed my own pug and cleared DF in around 40 minutes because 1 tank + 1 healer = 6 dps which kill things quickly.

Edited by bluecheesebandit

Gotta remember that those 27k hp DPS are still doing 33% more DPS than you are each, but yeah I understand your issue.

hmm true they should. I guess my expections of some people is to high on this one.

And about tanking in DPS gear .... I tend to do that regulary lately. I always whisper the healer to yell to me if he wants me in full tank mode.

I don't even wanna talk about it...

Okay, I do. This is partly about our tank and partly about Other Guy.

Guild alt run of DF and DP HM to gear up my friend's Merc so that he would have a ranged DPS available for NiM. This was basically a guild-PUG, so some of the NiM team and a couple of the back-ups, but we don't normally run together in that setup, let alone in the roles some of us were in. A few random bits and pieces (including things that guildies crafted for Merc, like implants and relics) were up for free roll, everything else was all master-looted to him. This was made very clear at the start, as it was the entire reason we were running the ops. The exceptions were going to be gloves and boots, and if an earpiece dropped it would go to our marauder, who has been rocking Kell Dragon for a little while.

I was healing on my op, which isn't a pretty sight (I ended up switching to my merc, which I'm much better at) with this sorc, Other Guy. We were doing okayish but it was difficult to keep everyone up IMO, but then again I'm normally just a meat shield so I don't have much healing experience. One tank gets out his DPS set and respecs for Draxus, changes back to tank for Grob. We kill CZero and I'm given the Corrupter Blade because the first time we'd run it we'd /roll'ed for it but then it went to the aforementioned mara even though my PT won the roll. He also got the second, so our ops lead said that to be fair I'd get mine if it dropped.

Other Guy was very unimpressed with this. He wanted to be able to roll on it, he didn't like that I got it handed to me, no matter how many times or ways we explained that I'd have one practically ripped out of my hands the very first time the Blade had ever dropped for me.

We skip Brontes to avoid dealing with now-20k Merc deeps and move over to DP. First boss is sketchy but we manage to down it (no earpiece for Kell Dragon mara).

We wipe once or twice on Tyrans and as we're running back in again, one of our guys says in Mumble, "So, uh, I dunno if I should mention this, but {Sin Tank} is in his DPS set."

-_- No wonder I, and my oh-so-wonderful (read: okay) merc heals can't keep the dude alive.

Worse, he'd had his tank set on for Grob'thok... and then put the DPS set back on. And apparently had no recollection of doing so. None of us, Sin Tank included, could figure out why he might have done that. He switched back to tank set and we downed Tyrans and moved on. Rest of the run was pretty smooth, ended after the weekly again.

(Side note, Merc and all his 20k glory did about as much DPS as Sin Tank in his DPS set)

After Merc got the Dread Forged pants, Other Guy whispered him something like "well you're just so special aren't you" because Other Guy had wanted to roll on them; although he'd been told he'd get rolls on gloves and boots only, he went through the entire run and them complained about it not to the raid lead but to the guy we were gearing up.

Merc went in with 17k HP and no implants or earpiece, came out around 36k with some 186s he'd legacy'd over and a three-piece set bonus, DF relics, DF implants, and DF ear.

And my merc got a relic :D

Well this is frustrating... queue for DP SM in GF, get a pop, zone in, only to get told that, "Sorry, we're looking for guildies." So I get kicked from the group, and I get a lockout from GF? ***?

:mad:

Regarding the being kicked from the group ..... I personally think its not such a bad thing since if they werent queueing you wouldn't have a group either way.

Regarding the lockout ... that shouldn't happen and is a bug. A long while ago I had a similar discussion about it and I decided to test it out in a flashpoint. Unless the mechanics changed you only get a groupfinder lockout when you leave the group yourself. Votekicking didnt gave me a lockout at all.

Late night EC SM. I'm on my scoundrel healer (35k HP), and my group ranges from a tank with 17k HP to a dps with 41k. We only have that one proper tank, and a 30k sentinel who says he can tank. First boss goes surprisingly well, and no one dies. We also one-shot second boss, though there are three deaths (first of which gets rezzed), the lightning rods are all over the place and Firebrand is around 80% when Stormcaller dies.

Then comes the third boss. Our tank gets very excited at the prospect of going up the tower. We do a ready check, start the fight, and die before getting even to the first mine because half the people don't know what to do.

Take two. One of the more experienced players explains tactics at the gate. The tank is very insistent about going up the tower, and has to be told three or four times that he'll stay on the ground with the rest of us and one of those who actually know what to do will click buttons in the tower. "On youtube tank goes up tower". Yeah, but on youtube they have two tanks, and they know how to do it. He also keeps asking "rdy?" while explanations are still proceeding.

We finally get started, and the tank promptly runs in the minefield and dies. I rez him, a green tile is revealed, and we move onto it. The tank tries to take a shortcut (he's at the base of the tower, the tile is next to the wall), steps on the corner of an unrevealed tile and dies. Over the course of the encounter two more people die, so we have two healers and two DPS left on the ground. At least these are the people who know what to do, so we get to the colonel. Shortly after getting there the tank demands a rez. No can do, battle rez is still in cooldown. 15 seconds later the debuff ends, so what about now? Nope, you're 100m away at the start of the minefield, I'm not about to run there in the middle of a fight. He's concerned about getting the achievement, so I tell him he'll get it if he just stays put and waits for us to finish the boss. He does, and gets the achievement (I checked), but for some reason still decides it's time to ragequit.

Fine, whatever. Since it's late and we're unlikely to get a new tank anytime soon, we proceed with the seven of us (zero of which are tanks). The rest of the operation is uneventful. There's a bit of confusion at Kephess about what mechanics are present in SM, since the experienced people have only done the op on HM or NiM recently. Still, we one-shot the final boss without any deaths.

---

Czerka Corporate Labs, even later in the same night. I'm still on my scoundrel, with the 41k commando DPS from the preceding EC. We get a sage DPS with also 41k HP and some kind of tank who leaves before the FP is even loaded. Sigh. After some deliberation we decide to use the commando's tank geared Treek with 40k HP while waiting for a new tank to arrive. She holds aggro very well and we demolish trash and bosses alike. When the final boss is at 30%, we finally get a replacement tank! This causes Treek to be dismissed, so aggro goes on the DPS. Despite my valiant efforts, the sage dies about three seconds before the boss. Our new tank didn't even get to join the fight because of the locked door. Must've been the fastest FP ever for him.

Last night on Hammer Station on my level 19 healer scoundrel. The Tank is going off at me in chat because I’m not using abilities that I hadn’t even reached yet on my tree and I say I haven’t gotten them yet at my level and suddenly I’m a total NOOB healer because the tank can’t seem to understand I don’t have the abilities he’s demanding for yet. One of our DPS meanwhile is constantly running off on his own and the other DPS and Tank ignore and leave him and he eventually dies and blames me for not healing him when he tries taking on a mob and elite droid solo all at once and then the Tank agree's with him and for about the 5th time calls me a stupid NOOB before I leave :rolleyes: Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Last night on Hammer Station on my level 19 healer scoundrel. The Tank is going off at me in chat because I’m not using abilities that I hadn’t even reached yet on my tree and I say I haven’t gotten them yet at my level and suddenly I’m a total NOOB healer because the tank can’t seem to understand I don’t have the abilities he’s demanding for yet. One of our DPS meanwhile is constantly running off on his own and the other DPS and Tank ignore and leave him and he eventually dies and blames me for not healing him when he tries taking on a mob and elite droid solo all at once and then the Tank agree's with him and for about the 5th time calls me a stupid NOOB before I leave :rolleyes:

I had the opposite experience - My level 15 mando was flagged for healer, and literally all I had was the big heal (name escapes me) and hammer shots. In the end, I got complimented for my great heals despite hopelessly bad gear.

Snip

Sounds like an issue of the type I despise. "I have read a guide so I can ignore any advice what-so-ever from anybody in the group". I can't stand these people, especially when they are all go-go-go while the tactics are being explained then die to the first mechanic then moan that the group is awful.

______________________________________-

Czerka core meltdown HM on my sorc healer. Group is a sorc dps, mara dps and jugg tank. We set off and at sandstorm boss the jugg who has switched to soresu (he was in shien before so clearly not tank specced). However he drags the boss to the wrong generator. I stand by the correct 1 and tell them to come to me, that the boss should be at the green 1. The 2 dps come to me but the tank stays still, meaning the dps go back to carry on attacking. I force speed over and heal through the fight. At the end the tank isn't happy:

jugg: "why did you go stand in the wrong place and no do anything?"

me: "I was in the right place, I would appreciate if you don't know the fight you ask before pulling"

jugg: "lmao you must be either noob or troll, its tactical the mechanics don't matter"

me: "well its not a tactical"

jugg: "lol you stupid troll, you must have never done this before this is a tactical fp"

dps: "actually this is a hm run"

That shuts the tank up. On the boss where you need to poison it with spores the tank keeps it in the middle. After throwing all his def buffs the tank starts kiting it round screaming at people to pull off him. He ends up running into the back corner which resets the boss.

me: "shall we do it properly now, or do you want to spend ages on this easy fight?"

tank: "well you could just heal"

me: "I was healing, but I don't heal stupid"

tank: "lol you fail trolling me"

me: "im not going to babysit, you think you can ignore the fight mechanics because you have a healer?"

tank: "lmao noob healer do it right"

He pulls again but during the fight lets somebody rip aggro off him then runs away and stands away from the fight. This gives him a chance to flame me in chat for trolling, being noob, not knowing the fight, not healing properly. Myself and the 2 dps complete the fight between the 2 of us.

At the end the tank throws a vote kick on me, it doesn't go through. The tank then says "either he goes or I go, gl getting another tank as good as me" (lmao). He puts vote kick on me again and it goes through.

I requeue and get a mando HM, however part way through I get a whisper from this tank

tank: "leave your group, ill invite you back to do this mission with us"

me: "what?"

tank: "we can't get a replacement healer, can you come back"

me: "lmao"

The most embarassing thing.......this tank is in the same guild as me. Now I know there are bads everywhere but in the guild im with there are enough people who can advise that this sort of idiocy is depressing.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Had a nice time in Manaan yesterday when a Sentinel advised our Shadow to stealth through to hit the computers. But he just said "Stealth" and didn't provide any additional explanation. The Shadow Stealthed, cced one Selkath, and then opened the attack on the other side of the mob, so me (gunslinger) and the Commando healer jumped into the fight while the Sentinel said "I'm not going to participate because that was unnecessary" and /sleeps in front of the Elite selkath. We cleared the fight no problem, though the commando went down.

The sentinel then proceeded to lecture us on what a good teacher he was, making us learn to stealth properly.

snip

Every time you write something about your guild, I get the impression it's full of idiots you wouldn't even consider inviting into it if it were up to you. So I keep wondering why you are in that guild at all :p. I mean, if he's derpy enough to not realise he was vote-kicking someone from his own guild :rolleyes:

Anyways, on the point of people tanking in DPS gear. Our guild did Asation (TFB) 8 man SM yesterday. I wasn't actually scheduled to come along, but we don't have that many healers. In fact, the best healer was on his tank (our guild leader, for that matter), our other guild leader (yes, we have 2) was on her tank so that's another healer gone, one of the scheduled healers didn't come online and another one that was online had lag in range from 300 to 12000 (!) ms. So it was up to the Operative I hadn't used for healing that often to be healer #2.

Anyways, we go through it all relatively well. One of our tanks dies in the first slug enemy pull (whatever they're called, they look like slugs) because she was at 8 stacks and neither healer cleansed (whoops), we wipe on Operator-what's-his-face because the blue phase takes too long. Also, after we clear the boss, one of our DPS admits that he is color blind (red-green) and has trouble with seeing a difference between the blue and purple circles, so that was fun :p

We clear Kephess without any trouble and proceed to the Terror from Beyond. Our leaders are explaining the fight in chat (our guild refuses to use TS3 and such, which IMO is a cool concept) when one of our DPS exclaims in chat to stop because she had poked her eye. We asked what she was doing, and she said she was rubbing her eye and then somehow poked it with her finger, the chat burst out in laughter and our main tank almost died from laughing :p Following this, I called her One-Eye the pirate captain and she talked like a pirate for the rest of the run :D

Anyways, we fail the TfB twice because the DPS didn't quite understand the concept immediately, and all but one of them were new to the instance. No big deal. We do it basically without flaw the third time, the only issue being the aforementioned tank that died in the very beginning dying again, at which point I get slightly suspicious. I've co-tanked Dread Palace with her, she's usually not that squishy at all. After the Op is over, we find out why. She asks in chat who else has a PT tank, and then asks if anyone of the ones in question also had 0% shield chance. So I log to my PT, and nope, it's ~30%, it's not 0 for anyone but her. So we meet up and I inspect her gear.

Chat goes something like this.

Tank: Inspect my gear.

Me: "Well, you should repair it, but it looks fine otherwise."

Me: "Oh, and you have a generator equipped, not a shield."

Tank: "Oooooooooooooooooh."

We had a good laugh at that. She had planned to change her shield for a better one soon anyway, but that's not what she had in mind :p.

Every time you write something about your guild, I get the impression it's full of idiots you wouldn't even consider inviting into it if it were up to you. So I keep wondering why you are in that guild at all :p. I mean, if he's derpy enough to not realise he was vote-kicking someone from his own guild :rolleyes:

I was going to say something similar.

Its because its the largest ops guild on the server. Imp side is now stretching over 3 guilds (the 3 names are the same just with an accent mark over certain letters) with I think its now 1270 is imps. The rep one is 2 guilds.

With so many people on at the same time, I am able to just go "hmm...I feel like doing an op". I ask in guild and, between the 3 imp guilds your likely to have around 100-150 people online even on a bad day. As such I can just out of the blue find 8 people to run ops with me. As such the guild is perfect for ops.

However , when theres that many people your always going to get a few who are pr*cks. Thats the price you pay for getting instant-pop ops guild runs. But tbh they do teaching runs for PUG's (which is rare on that server, most people spamming "LFG ops" in fleet require people to link achievement) and regular gearing runs (these are preset times with specified player taking the gear so everyone knows who gets the loot, and if they aren't happy they join a different op run). With that many people its impossible to avoid a few bad players, though it does annoy me that they are that bad even though they have access to advice from hundreds of players.

However with my reps I got lucky in that I ended up in a guild with just 84 people, yet they are on regularly enough that there is a slim chance I can form a few together for an ops guild then pug the last couple spaces. Since on my reps I have found a guild which is active enough to run ops regularly, but has very few pr*cks in it (only 2 leap immediately to mind). Sadly this guild doesn't have an imp side

I stick to the imp one im in as, though there are a number of people I dislike, there are always enough online to form an ops run of well behaved/nice mannered people. Though I would never even consider moving my rep characters into the rep versions of the guild.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Why I subject myself to KDY I will never know.

I was on my 27 sniper. The was a 37 mara, 26 jugg, and a 38 sith sorcerer. First thing I did was check achievements. The mara had some experience outside of KDY so that was promising. The other two didn't have a lot of experience otherwise but that would be cool I thought. Fresh group maybe it wouldn't be that bad. I really have to stop doing this flash point. The first thing we got was a SS who believes that what, lightning/force storm is the best for aggro and destruction. The other thing was a severely under geared tank who couldn't hold aggro, do damage or stay alive. The mara was actually decent.

We got the ship assembly. We go to clearing the room and the tank goes one way and aggros while the rest of us go the other way. SS initiates before the mara and i can get turned around. No kill order. The pick one and and stick to it. Except for the SS who is throwing lightning on cooldown. Now no one has died at this point so I am still somewhat optimistic. I have never done the assembly before. Well no one else has either. So I pull up the guide online and run it real fast. Have I mentioned no one but myself and the mara really believe in healing up?

The next part goes bad. We ended up going to the area where you have to blow up the missiles and such. So it is a bit of a maze for those that haven't done it before. No one wants to stay together. We start out moving to the right next thing we know the jugg comes running back with friends. This starts a period of wipes that should not happen. The jugg and the ss died who knows how many times. 12+? They do not release but instead wait on rezs. The shear idiocy of it is compounded by the ss asking why we were in a FP with everything being 55. It has to be a mistake. I told him no, it is a tactical and we are bolstered to 55 for it. Well that is dumb. lol

Needless to say the jugg and ss die and just lie and wait everytime for a rez. This includes the boss fight.

We got the droid and he has the small droids that spawn that you need to kill. Well I move to the back of the room to the kolto console. The ss immediately drops lightning on him and hilarity ensues. We wipe fast.

Me: make sure to kill the adds.

Jugg: hey guys

SS: this is kind of hard.

mara: what's up?

ss: do you think his health is full again?

everyone: yes

I explain the fight and what needs to be done. We wiped again. It is at this point what little respect I had for the mara went out the window.

jugg: SS you were a healer and you weren't healing me!

mara: lol it doesn't help the fact that this is what a level 24 fp, so we join it and it must be on hard mode that why our HP must be what a level 55 hp is

jugg: i am the aggro holder

ss: my healing sucks

jugg: no it doesn't

<shaking head>

me: guys it is a tactical, there is no hard mode, we are bolstered to 55

jugg: so heal!!

ss: it takes so much force I can use the kolto thing but I am better for damage

mara: lol hey don't say anything i don't do FPs they are effing dumb.

Round three!!! Tank goes down in two hits.

jugg: you!!!

jugg: come on

jugg: wth??

jugg: this is most frustrating

mara: the droids hp is effing 457K

jugg: they need to nerf this droid

jugg: so hard

mara: how are you supposed to beat a droid whose hp are 457K? like come on man this is why I don't do FPs they are dumb as hell

At this point we are ticking an hour. I figure I have abused myself enough.

Just done a kdy run. In the group was a gunslinger who is obsessed with exp. However in starship assembly when I write out the build he says "ill just stick in random". Before I can explain things he gets build wrong and we fight the droids. I ask him why he deliberately did it wrong if he wants exp. "6 elites give loads of exp". I do my old trick of getting him to write out his exp before pulling first set of droids. I get him to do so again at the lift. At this point he works out he has gained 0 exp. I therefore explain how to max exp in the assembly and the whole kill elite def before completing room thing.

Second we get prison thing and end up with all cells open before killing the elite def, despite me telling them not to open all cells. Once the last cell is open I do my usual sarcy comment in this event "well thats halved our exp". The gunslinger pips up when he notices someone has mentioned his valuable exp has gone missing (ironically it was him that opened the last 2 cells, us 3 were stood waiting by the elite def). I explain again that the elite def needs to be killed before completing the room. He apologises and says he assumed when I said that in previous room it only applied to assembly.

We get to the boss, the droid with all the adds. Sadly the gunslinger realises on the second round of adds that he gets seperate exp for killing the adds. He starts spamming chat telling us all to reset the fight, which them 3 do, I don't see why so carry on, but on my own I die pretty quick. The gunslinger now comes out with possibly the worst xp farming method I have ever heard. I will stick it in spoiler so you can try figure it out for yourself first, to see if anyone manages to come up with this gem of logic.

Keep the boss alive and kill loads of waves of adds, all the way up to 55 (lowest person in the group is level 22)

To my never-ending frustration the other 2 in the group agree to this. I decide I will observe it see what the xp per hour is like. 7 minutes later, with the boss at 96% health I decide this is too slow so I /stuck and quit group.

Edited by BobFredJohn