Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Bioware refuse to give us anymore information about this topic, even though they are regarded as being THE SINGLE game developer that does SGR's and does them well. For many that was part of the draw of this game. That Bioware are not living up to their promises is the mark of other problems with this game.

The bolded is no longer true, I'm afraid. Some guildies of mine (who have been disappointed by Bioware badly, especially with this topic) have just bought and installed The Secret World. Want to know what they found? A same-sex scene right in the opening cinematic for one of the factions. A scene involving their characters. In a game from Funcom. A game that is published by EA.

So, for those who think that Bioware is somehow being held back from doing this by EA, that argument is now completely bogus (not that it hadn't been refuted before, thanks to the Sims game). What's Bioware's excuse now?

Edited by Kharnis

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is this, you are penning your enjoyment of the game on weather or not you get to make the screen go black, have your character exit stage right, and then reenter as the screen returns to normal.

Well, some people find the storyline romance content important.

BW apparently did since they shoved a crap ton of OGRA in the game and even shove some of them down your throat (*coughs* Jedi Consular *coughs*)

I think I'd be a lot more sympathetic to your view-point if there weren't any romances in the game.

The bolded is no longer true, I'm afraid. Some guildies of mine (who have been disappointed by Bioware badly, especially with this topic) have just bought and installed The Secret World. Want to know what they found? A same-sex scene right in the opening cinematic for one of the factions. A scene involving their characters. In a game from Funcom. A game that is published by EA.

So, for those who think that Bioware is somehow being held back from doing this by EA, that argument is now completely bogus (not that it hadn't been refuted before, thanks to the Sims game). What's Bioware's excuse now?

Perhaps LucasArts is behind all this, haha, but I don't dare judge :p

Well, some people find the storyline romance content important.

BW apparently did since they shoved a crap ton of OGRA in the game and even shove some of them down your throat (*coughs* Jedi Consular *coughs*)

Oh COME ON! That is a bug. Nothing is shoved down anyone's throat, Tharan just assumes something happened that didn't actually happen because of a bugged conversation flag, I think. If you want to get upset about anything with that, get upset with the fact that they haven't fixed it.

Also, just on this thread in general (not you, Stuffy, just posting in the same message in order not to clutter the thread with multiple consecutive posts):

People seem to have bought up all the rocket packs in the universe, as there's an awful lot of jumping to conclusions in this thread right now. Also, too many people feeding the trolls.

We all need to take a few deep breaths here.

People seem to have bought up all the rocket packs in the universe, as there's an awful lot of jumping to conclusions in this thread right now. Also, too many people feeding the trolls.

Sorry, just getting a bit fed up over here :/

Thank you, Voice of Reason. :) Much appreciated.

Much as I'd rather have an enjoyable discussion, it's time once again for me to get all Vulcan in a Star Wars thread and lay down some logic.

1: A lack of word from BioWare about SGRs in no way indicates they have stopped working on SGRs or changed their minds about including SGRs in the game. Silence on a matter is simply that, silence, nothing more. Some people think that, if BW was working on it, they would be telling us about it. This is a flawed assumption. BW was working on TOR itself for years before talking about it, and I have no doubt they have other things planned for the game that they have not told us about. Interpreting the silence to mean anything other than "BioWare isn't saying anything right now" is an assumption with no basis. On a related note, the copy-pasted response is only that, a repetition of what BW has already said because they haven't decided to say more yet.

2: BioWare not addressing SGRs should not be taken as a deliberate insult. I wish I didn't have to say this. Take a look through the Q&A thread for this week or any given week. People bring up dozens of issues, if not hundreds. Most of these issues do not get commented upon. This does not mean BW bears any enmity toward the people asking about those issues. I really don't think we need to add to the people whining that BW doesn't care about them just because BW doesn't address every single issue that's brought up. We should be better than that.

3: BioWare works on its own schedule and by its own decisions, not ours. Claiming that BW has to implement something by an arbitrary deadline or they must not be going to do it is not only entitled behavior, it also makes absolutely no sense. BW does not do what we tell them to. They do what they believe is best for the game, and we decide whether or not to continue paying for the product. If BW wants to take our suggestions, that's great, but our payment does not entitle us to dictate anything about how the game is made, nor does it give us any authority to demand news from them.

To be more specific on that last point, this is what I mean:

And no, "we can't talk about that" is no longer acceptable. Neither are vague "some point in the future" variations.

I apologize, Kharnis, for singling you out, but you provided a good example. You can claim that what BW says is no longer acceptable all you want, but it won't change a thing or make them give us info that they're not ready to give us. It comes off as saying "Do this or else", and when BW asks "Or else what?", there's nothing to back it up.

There's nothing wrong with requesting an update on something we want to hear about. But when those requests turn into demands or bashing of BioWare, something's gone wrong. There's plenty of that crap across the internet and elsewhere on these message boards. We don't need to add to it. Like I said, we should be better than that.

Besides, we're talking about a feature that BioWare has said is coming this year. That's a lot more than many topics get. If BioWare breaks their word on that, the ensuing rainbow nerdrage will be completely valid. But please try to remember that it hasn't happened yet.

We now, hopefully, return to your regularly scheduled discussion...

Thank you, Voice of Reason. :) Much appreciated.

Much as I'd rather have an enjoyable discussion, it's time once again for me to get all Vulcan in a Star Wars thread and lay down some logic.

1: A lack of word from BioWare about SGRs in no way indicates they have stopped working on SGRs or changed their minds about including SGRs in the game. Silence on a matter is simply that, silence, nothing more. Some people think that, if BW was working on it, they would be telling us about it. This is a flawed assumption. BW was working on TOR itself for years before talking about it, and I have no doubt they have other things planned for the game that they have not told us about. Interpreting the silence to mean anything other than "BioWare isn't saying anything right now" is an assumption with no basis. On a related note, the copy-pasted response is only that, a repetition of what BW has already said because they haven't decided to say more yet.

2: BioWare not addressing SGRs should not be taken as a deliberate insult. I wish I didn't have to say this. Take a look through the Q&A thread for this week or any given week. People bring up dozens of issues, if not hundreds. Most of these issues do not get commented upon. This does not mean BW bears any enmity toward the people asking about those issues. I really don't think we need to add to the people whining that BW doesn't care about them just because BW doesn't address every single issue that's brought up. We should be better than that.

3: BioWare works on its own schedule and by its own decisions, not ours. Claiming that BW has to implement something by an arbitrary deadline or they must not be going to do it is not only entitled behavior, it also makes absolutely no sense. BW does not do what we tell them to. They do what they believe is best for the game, and we decide whether or not to continue paying for the product. If BW wants to take our suggestions, that's great, but our payment does not entitle us to dictate anything about how the game is made, nor does it give us any authority to demand news from them.

To be more specific on that last point, this is what I mean:

I apologize, Kharnis, for singling you out, but you provided a good example. You can claim that what BW says is no longer acceptable all you want, but it won't change a thing or make them give us info that they're not ready to give us. It comes off as saying "Do this or else", and when BW asks "Or else what?", there's nothing to back it up.

There's nothing wrong with requesting an update on something we want to hear about. But when those requests turn into demands or bashing of BioWare, something's gone wrong. There's plenty of that crap across the internet and elsewhere on these message boards. We don't need to add to it. Like I said, we should be better than that.

Besides, we're talking about a feature that BioWare has said is coming this year. That's a lot more than many topics get. If BioWare breaks their word on that, the ensuing rainbow nerdrage will be completely valid. But please try to remember that it hasn't happened yet.

We now, hopefully, return to your regularly scheduled discussion...

Thanks for pointing all that out again, Moose. :)

I also want to point out, we're barely into July. Yes, that's over halfway through the year but it ALSO leaves over five months LEFT in the year. This is still a large chunk of time. If it was December and we had nothing that'd be one thing, but it's not.

Thanks for pointing all that out again, Moose. :)

I also want to point out, we're barely into July. Yes, that's over halfway through the year but it ALSO leaves over five months LEFT in the year. This is still a large chunk of time. If it was December and we had nothing that'd be one thing, but it's not.

Eh heh heh... you're welcome, I think. I never know how people are going to take that kind of thing, but... yeah. I really wish I didn't have to say it, and by that I mostly mean I wish SGRs were already in the game. :o

True, we have five and a half months left in this year. A lot can happen in five and a half months; the game hasn't even been out for seven months and we've already had three major patches. So there's still plenty of time. I know it's hard not to get impatient sometimes, but when I feel that way, I play my Trooper and go blow stuff up. ...which is where I'm going right now. :D

And someday, BioWare willing, I'll be able to play a new trooper, a female one who romances Elara and/or another female companion. And all will be nifty. :p

I apologize, Kharnis, for singling you out, but you provided a good example. You can claim that what BW says is no longer acceptable all you want, but it won't change a thing or make them give us info that they're not ready to give us. It comes off as saying "Do this or else", and when BW asks "Or else what?", there's nothing to back it up...

Hey, first, no apologies. I posted on a public forum, for everyone to see. If I didn't want someone calling me out on anything I say, then I shouldn't post. So don't worry. I'm in no way offended!

Now, as for the "no longer acceptable" portion of my post, you're right that what I say isn't going to change their minds. But it will change mine. And it's changing the minds of many others. I've already pointed out in another thread just how sterile the game is, and how the lack of "fluff" (i.e. non-raiding, non-PvP stuff) is contributing to it. There are a lot of people who agree with this belief (and I won't be so arrogant as to try to claim that it's me they're agreeing with. This is something that's been put forward for a while now), and they're starting to make their displeasure known.

And yet, Bioware still refuses to say anything. If anything, their communication with us has gotten worse, not better, since the layoffs, despite the promise by the Community Managers to improve communication with us. All we've heard from Bioware throughout development, and then beta, all the way to now, is "we can't talk about that," no matter what the subject is. It's left a great many of the community confused and wondering just what the direction of this game is. We have no idea what the devs' vision of the game is, because they will not talk to us.

It's been over a year since Stephen Reid made his promise that this specific feature was coming. And we know no more now than we did then. Sure, we have Daniel Erickson promising that they're coming "this year," but Daniel Erickson is rather...infamous for making statements that aren't quite accurate (the "subs are at the same level" interview, for instance). So now we're left to wonder: is this another case of him being "not quite precise enough" with his statement, or was he telling the truth? Is this new story (and the promised SGRA content) coming this year, or in "the next year or so?" We don't know, because Bioware will not talk to us. They absolutely refuse to give us, their customers, any information about anything.

This almost pathological need for secrecy is eroding the trust between the devs and their customers. Almost everybody in my guild has left this game, and they're all Bioware fans. Hell, they're the ones who convinced me, who has never played a Bioware game before now, that this game was worth pre-ordering because it was Bioware, and they never make a bad game. These are people who looked on those gamers who screamed about the Mass Effect 3 ending with scorn and disgust. And yet, these people who love Bioware that much are fed up with how Bioware is handling this game. Ironically, I was the one telling them to be patient, because once the bugs are ironed out they can concentrate on the "cool stuff" to make the game memorable.

Well, my patience is nearly at an end, too. It's been seven months, and we have no information other than vague "we have plans for something at some point in the future. Stay tuned!" That's when they're not telling us, "We can't talk about that." So, when I say that pulling the "we can't talk about that" card is no longer acceptable, I don't mean it as a threat. I mean it as a heartfelt warning. A lot of players are growing weary of the silence. And they are leaving. Not in a rage, but quietly, and with regret, in a lot of cases. They had high hopes for this game, based on the promises that were made. These promises haven't been kept yet, and they're not telling us when, or even if, they will be.

I'm rapidly getting to the point that I don't believe them anymore. And I'm not the only one.

Edited by Kharnis

... The Secret World. Want to know what they found? A same-sex scene right in the opening cinematic for one of the factions. A scene involving their characters. In a game from Funcom. A game that is published by EA.

1. That chick doesn't care whether your toon is a guy or a girl - it's faction specific.

2. TSW is rated "M" for Mature. It's full of sex and nightmare fuel. TOR is rated "T".

Back on topic...

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately, keeping an eye on this thread, and I've decided I feel brave enough to go out on a limb. What if the reason they haven't said anything about SGR is because right now, they legally can't?

Put behind a spoiler tag in case it's too venty/off topic but it gives background to my thoughts.. rambly...

This is purely speculation and my own opinion, but what if what's happening is Bioware, EA, and LucasArts are all trying to find the best possible solution that gives the most respect to what gamers want, with the least amount of 'involvement' from players/player families/offended parties since this is a T rated game? Let's face it, they're in a catch 22 with whatever direction they choose.

Aside from that..they may have to also deal with archaic rules from the ESRB who could come in and demand a Rating-change, from the FCC who could put pressure on it depending on 'cable' standards. I mean....how many people balked in ME1 about Male Shepard and his 3 love interests? (few if any) But it was national news that Fem-Shep could sleep with Liara. They did a Cable-friendly love scene, and got smashed across the country for it.

ME2, they got away with Male Shep doing Basic-Cable Primetime Cop-Drama 'lusty kisses' with the girls...but the fem-shep, still because of ME1...didn't even -have- a romance scene really. DA:2 cut both down to basically a FTB. And now we have TOR... where they can get away with a few cable-friendly (hell, daytime TV level) lusty kisses... but they're still struggling to find out what will be 'acceptable' for 'cable-friendly' 't-rated' same-sex kisses.

I honestly believe they're trying to find a way to give people SGR to their satisfaction while avoiding the most amount of "NAY!!!" from those who would cry foul at its implementation - without changing the game's rating, and with the least amount of compromise to the SGR community.

Yeah, it sucks, but...

TL;DR

A post full of speculation from someone who hopes to give the SGR folks a little hope.

Edited by Belora

1. That chick doesn't care whether your toon is a guy or a girl - it's faction specific.

2. TSW is rated "M" for Mature. It's full of sex and nightmare fuel. TOR is rated "T".

Back on topic...

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately, keeping an eye on this thread, and I've decided I feel brave enough to go out on a limb. What if the reason they haven't said anything about SGR is because right now, they legally can't?

Put behind a spoiler tag in case it's too venty/off topic but it gives background to my thoughts.. rambly...

This is purely speculation and my own opinion, but what if what's happening is Bioware, EA, and LucasArts are all trying to find the best possible solution that gives the most respect to what gamers want, with the least amount of 'involvement' from players/player families/offended parties since this is a T rated game? Let's face it, they're in a catch 22 with whatever direction they choose.

Aside from that..they may have to also deal with archaic rules from the ESRB who could come in and demand a Rating-change, from the FCC who could put pressure on it depending on 'cable' standards. I mean....how many people balked in ME1 about Male Shepard and his 3 love interests? (few if any) But it was national news that Fem-Shep could sleep with Liara. They did a Cable-friendly love scene, and got smashed across the country for it.

ME2, they got away with Male Shep doing Basic-Cable Primetime Cop-Drama 'lusty kisses' with the girls...but the fem-shep, still because of ME1...didn't even -have- a romance scene really. DA:2 cut both down to basically a FTB. And now we have TOR... where they can get away with a few cable-friendly (hell, daytime TV level) lusty kisses... but they're still struggling to find out what will be 'acceptable' for 'cable-friendly' 't-rated' same-sex kisses.

I honestly believe they're trying to find a way to give people SGR to their satisfaction while avoiding the most amount of "NAY!!!" from those who would cry foul at its implementation - without changing the game's rating, and with the least amount of compromise to the SGR community.

Yeah, it sucks, but...

TL;DR

A post full of speculation from someone who hopes to give the SGR folks a little hope.

You make a strong point, my own point would be, if this game was written by David Gaider(Dragon Age series), we wouldn't need to ask for it.

Hey, first, no apologies. I posted on a public forum, for everyone to see. If I didn't want someone calling me out on anything I say, then I shouldn't post. So don't worry. I'm in no way offended!

I appreciate that. :D I try to avoid actual conflict/drama online, so I wasn't sure how that would turn out, but I'm glad you've got a good attitude about this so we can debate, not argue. It can be a little hard to tell in just text. :o

[snip]

Well, my patience is nearly at an end, too. It's been seven months, and we have no information other than vague "we have plans for something at some point in the future. Stay tuned!" That's when they're not telling us, "We can't talk about that." So, when I say that pulling the "we can't talk about that" card is no longer acceptable, I don't mean it as a threat. I mean it as a heartfelt warning. A lot of players are growing weary of the silence. And they are leaving. Not in a rage, but quietly, and with regret, in a lot of cases. They had high hopes for this game, based on the promises that were made. These promises haven't been kept yet, and they're not telling us when, or even if, they will be.

I'm rapidly getting to the point that I don't believe them anymore. And I'm not the only one.

I generally agree with what you've said. I do wish that BioWare would communicate with us more, and it definitely feels like we're hearing less from them about upcoming content than we used to.

The thing about promises not being kept *yet*, though, I have some issue with. This goes back to what I said about BW working on their schedule, not ours. After the ranked PvP delay, I honestly can't blame BW for not wanting to talk about features before they're ready. Just because BioWare hasn't talked about an upcoming feature, or said it's coming soon, that doesn't change it from a "when" to an "if".

But all the same, there should be a middle ground. We got reassurance that SGRs were still being worked on at the guild summit. With this, and with other upcoming features, it would be nice to get an occasional note that yes, this is still in progress. While I said silence on a topic doesn't mean anything but silence on that topic, it is really reassuring to hear something about it from time to time, even if it's just "work still in progress".

As for myself, I'm still willing to take BioWare at their word because I haven't seen reason not to. But there's a line. When I played WoW, I lost faith in Blizzard because of how they handled things. BioWare hasn't reached that level. But if SGRs aren't implemented by the year's end, I'll unsubscribe, because I won't be able to hold them to their word anymore. I admit it's a double standard - ranked PvP doesn't matter to me, SGRs do - but that's where I stand now.

Yeah, it sucks, but...

TL;DR

The counterpoint to that is that BioWare's people working on TOR have specifically said they're not going to let protests from various groups change their mind about putting SGRs in the game. A while after the news about SGRs came out, there were protests from a few [air quotes]"family"[/air quotes] groups about this. I don't know how many times it came up in interviews, maybe only once or twice, but people from BioWare said they weren't backing down from adding same-sex content to the game. And as we know, BW is no stranger to this kind of controversy, and they've never backed down. They've said that won't change and I truly hope it doesn't.

You make a strong point, my own point would be, if this game was written by David Gaider(Dragon Age series), we wouldn't need to ask for it.
And if my aunt had lekku, she'd be a twi'lek. :D Sadly, the "what if" game usually does little good.

What this got me thinking, though, is that I feel BioWare made a mistake by including OGRs and not SGRs. It would have been really nice of them to not have any companion romance in the game until everyone could be represented equally. Bet we'd see more support for companion romances in general and more people asking for it, too. Ah, well.

Edited by MusedMoose

Oh COME ON! That is a bug. Nothing is shoved down anyone's throat, Tharan just assumes something happened that didn't actually happen because of a bugged conversation flag, I think. If you want to get upset about anything with that, get upset with the fact that they haven't fixed it.

I was thinking about the Nadia thing mentioned.

Though, I think Mako has the same thing going on.

...and then the flirts in general....the heterosexual romance content is very visible in this game....it seems a bit much to me sometimes....it feels quite like it's being shoved on me.

I don't buy that notion. Flirt options might be visible but no one makes you click them. In fact, this is the same argument people usually level against anyone uncomfortable with potential LGBT content. Because it's true. And it is true to both ends of the equation.

So, I'm sorry but if we're not going to accept the notion (and we rightly shouldn't) that LGBT content will suddenly be forced on those who don't want it once it it added to the game, we also cannot pretend that "straight" content is pushed on anyone right now.

We can feel underrepresented in the game, sure. But there's no way we can argue that we're being forced to experience current romance content.

Edited by AlyxDinas

I say no to reworking existing companions. I say yes to adding in new companions that can be acquired at relatively low levels via optional class quests. This way someone could have a same gender relationship with a companion prior to hitting level 50 but it doesn't change the current companions. Just from a RP stance I think it breaks immersion if a year into the game all of a sudden Kira Carson is into girls. I'm all for same gender relationships, but I don't like this notion of changing the existing game.

Yes, that means each player will likely miss out on some romance opportunities but then they will have different opportunties. And that's the way it should be, because different choices should yield different results. Not better or worse results, just different.

I say no to reworking existing companions. I say yes to adding in new companions that can be acquired at relatively low levels via optional class quests. This way someone could have a same gender relationship with a companion prior to hitting level 50 but it doesn't change the current companions. Just from a RP stance I think it breaks immersion if a year into the game all of a sudden Kira Carson is into girls. I'm all for same gender relationships, but I don't like this notion of changing the existing game.
I find that hard to agree with. First off, this is an MMO; it's constantly in a state of change. Second, if you're RPing a character, then how do you justify having the exact same people traveling with you that other people do? Surely there's not a Kira Carsen cloning facility somewhere on Tython. :D Also, there's no reason why a companion's feelings for someone of the same gender couldn't develop more slowly than those feelings for someone of the other gender. To continue to use Kira as an example, if she's never felt that way toward another woman, it might take her longer to come to terms with it, especially if she's unsure if the JK feels the same way. BioWare has said they're writing specific romance dialogue for SGRs, so this could easily be part of it, and anyone willing to RP along with it should have no troubles. Edited by MusedMoose

OK, now that I have finally found "the right thread" to post about this...

At first, I was up in arms about SGRA, but at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter to me. If they implement it, they do. If they don't they don't. It really won't affect my gameplay one way or the other. As stated many times, bigger fish to fry. Also, for the folks against it, you do have other options than [flirt] as responses to questions, and in current gameplay, if you are a female trooper with Elara Dorne as a companion and you flirt with a male NPC, you lose affection with her. Also, if you try to give her courting gifts, you get no affection. However, if you are a male trooper and flirt with her, do you gain affection? Does the courting gifts work? I don't know. Both my Vanguard and Commando are females.

Being a software engineer myself that works for a developing company (not gaming), I can sympathize with the lack of response on certain topics from BW. When your customer base is in the millions or even thousands, you have a tremendous number of questions to answer. Sometimes you simply don't have the staff to address each and every one of the questions. Especially, if in the realm of the big picture, it simply doesn't really matter. Maybe in the big picture, not enough subscribers are demanding the content. Maybe they are receiving opposition? Either way, answering the question of exactly when something is going to happen; PR simply does not know. Being a developer I know this because, I never talk directly with customers unless they make a major financial impact on my company. PR is instructed to not make promises they are unable to keep. We have fired PR reps for doing that. Developers have a list of task that are prioritized, and top priority comes first. Maybe this topic isn't high enough in the priority list. Even if it is high priority to you, doesn't mean it is high priority in the game.

As far as the game rating, I will be extremely saddened for content to be added that would make the game rating gods change the game rating from T to M or MA. My favorite players to run with are my 11 and 14 yr old nephews. If this game were to be M or MA, I would lose my teammates because Momma would say NO. I realize that many parents let their kids play M or MA games, but some parents are still old school.

"Your" Kira won't dump your Jedi. She won't say "We're done, I'm off with that hot chick I saw on the fleet the other day"

If your metagame knowledge, that Kira is with someone else's female character, breaks immersion, then it's your fail as a player. Is that simple.

"My" Jaesa is LS in my universe. In someone else's, she's DS. Why should that bug me at all ?

Just so long as every SGR isn't "I've never felt this way about anyone... you've awoken such feelings inside of me..." etc.
I understand worrying about that, but I doubt it's going to happen. The companions are written well, and while that sort of thing might be appropriate for some, I highly doubt it would happen for all of them.

For example,I still picture Corso getting drunk and telling the captain he's got a great butt, and the romance dialogue after that is when Corso's sober, which could be hilarious. :D Elara's SGR confession would, of course, involve protocol quotes. And as for Kaliyo, well, let's just say she doesn't seem like a "talk about my feelings" type. She's more a "let me show you how we do it on Rattatak" type. :eek:

OK, now that I have finally found "the right thread" to post about this...

At first, I was up in arms about SGRA, but at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter to me. If they implement it, they do. If they don't they don't. It really won't affect my gameplay one way or the other. As stated many times, bigger fish to fry. Also, for the folks against it, you do have other options than [flirt] as responses to questions, and in current gameplay, if you are a female trooper with Elara Dorne as a companion and you flirt with a male NPC, you lose affection with her. Also, if you try to give her courting gifts, you get no affection. However, if you are a male trooper and flirt with her, do you gain affection? Does the courting gifts work? I don't know. Both my Vanguard and Commando are females.

My trooper has done the full romance storyline with her, and yes, you do get affection for flirting with her, once you're past a certain point. Flirting with her on Taris, for example, gets only cutting remarks. :D

Being a software engineer myself that works for a developing company (not gaming), I can sympathize with the lack of response on certain topics from BW. When your customer base is in the millions or even thousands, you have a tremendous number of questions to answer. Sometimes you simply don't have the staff to address each and every one of the questions. Especially, if in the realm of the big picture, it simply doesn't really matter. Maybe in the big picture, not enough subscribers are demanding the content. Maybe they are receiving opposition? Either way, answering the question of exactly when something is going to happen; PR simply does not know. Being a developer I know this because, I never talk directly with customers unless they make a major financial impact on my company. PR is instructed to not make promises they are unable to keep. We have fired PR reps for doing that. Developers have a list of task that are prioritized, and top priority comes first. Maybe this topic isn't high enough in the priority list. Even if it is high priority to you, doesn't mean it is high priority in the game.[/Quote]Well said, and thank you. It's good to hear this from a different perspective, and hopefully people will read this and see that BioWare's responses (or lack thereof) make sense. ...no matter how much we wish it was different. Oi.

I understand worrying about that, but I doubt it's going to happen. The companions are written well, and while that sort of thing might be appropriate for some, I highly doubt it would happen for all of them.

For example,I still picture Corso getting drunk and telling the captain he's got a great butt, and the romance dialogue after that is when Corso's sober, which could be hilarious. :D Elara's SGR confession would, of course, involve protocol quotes. And as for Kaliyo, well, let's just say she doesn't seem like a "talk about my feelings" type. She's more a "let me show you how we do it on Rattatak" type. :eek:

Bowdaar would be " as a slaaaave, i never got the privilege to show feelings for anyone ...."

i wonder how akward akavi would be....shes about the only female i want to sgr

As far as the game rating, I will be extremely saddened for content to be added that would make the game rating gods change the game rating from T to M or MA. My favorite players to run with are my 11 and 14 yr old nephews. If this game were to be M or MA, I would lose my teammates because Momma would say NO. I realize that many parents let their kids play M or MA games, but some parents are still old school.

Same Sex relations have no bearing on a rating, none whatsoever, as long as the content in those relations is no more adult than the Opposite Sex relations currently in-game, it'll be fine.

I don't buy that notion. Flirt options might be visible but no one makes you click them. In fact, this is the same argument people usually level against anyone uncomfortable with potential LGBT content. Because it's true. And it is true to both ends of the equation.

That's not really what I'm trying to say. I have no problem with OGRA flirts existing.

it's more like, the crap ton of OGRA flirt options plus the bugs they don't deem important enough to fix exacerbate the disappointment with the lack of SGRA romances. I know it's not forced (I'm aware that I can just avoid clicking the flirt option) but it feels like...something bad.

If people were upset over a ton of SGRA flirts existing in game b/c there were NO OGRA possibilities, then they'd have a point. You cannot compare that to people that don't want SGRA flirts at all.

Just so long as every SGR isn't "I've never felt this way about anyone... you've awoken such feelings inside of me..." etc.

Agreed.

Just from a RP stance I think it breaks immersion if a year into the game all of a sudden Kira Carson is into girls.

She may already be into girls but you just don't know it yet.

The female JK can't even pursue her so we don't know.

Edited by stuffystuffs