Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

I am trying not to get exicted, because I feel like the more I get worked up the more I will be let down. I have a strong feeling that since I pre ordered in sept. I won't get in till tomorrow, which kinda makes me mad but oh well. hopefully all the good names aren't gone by then.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Prob... all who buy/use key on December prob will not get any day or hour of early access if they will let ppl play in so small waves and every 2h+.

PPL buying pre-orders to get few days more to play now play ppl who buy game ~21 July.. ehh

for the most part I am not reading ppl post. Mostly looking for SR post about the next invites or EA updates.

Sadly most ppl on here is trolling with stupid ****. I pre-ordered in Nov and in game. Then pages later they are still posting. I for one would post once that I am in and you would not here from me for hours if not days.:D

Already created a thread on this on the customer service area, but I'm sure it's already lost. So, can someone clear something up for me please?

According to my code redemption history, I have:

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

09.27.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

So, which date is used to determine when you gain Early Access entry? I'm pretty sure I redeemed my early access code the same time as the standard edition one. In fact, I think I only ever received one code from the place I pre-ordered from.

As I've always thought I registered my code in September, this'll throw my estimates of gaining access in between the 14 - 15/16th off. I'm thinking the Early Access thing is wrong, if that is what's being used.

I love it! Bioware has actually done us all a favor by releasing in waves. Yes, they load tested the servers in beta, but did any of you sit down and think about having 1 million pre-order players all starting at the same time on every server? Can you imagine the wait time for sig mobs and interactions? The ganking of shinies, and general crowdedness of the prologue areas? I for one am glad that they have decided to do it this way. If you have waited for three or so years for the game, wouldn't you want to enjoy the game when you play instead of being frustrated with every other player competing for the same open world areas stuff? Just sayin.....But please keep up the whining, it is amusing. :):):):p

I wish I could "Like" this post. Most of the crap going is a product of impatience. It's good to see someone else on these forums who understands the benefit of Bioware releasing invites in waves.

People Bio-ware does not have your money. Your money is currently held at where ever you pre ordered. Bio-ware will NOT get the money until the 20th of December. So you are all immensely wrong when you say bio-ware has had your money for months. They haven't gotten anything from you (yet) so they owe you NOTHING. Early access was supposed to be Thursday get off your high horse and stop thinking you are entitled to something you have not helped create or pay for. All of us are lucky that Bio-ware is letting us in early. Patience is a virtue which unfortunately most of yall don't seem to have.

just playing devils advocate here,.. because still waiting,

but I ordered from Origin, which is EA, EA and Bioware are one now, and when you order from Origin you pay UPfront so yes Bioware does have my money and has had my money for months, that said now I'll wait for my email :p

^ This

They should have made this game 21+, then there would be a lot less baby QQ flying about.

Waaaaaaaah wheres my free access! Waaaaaaaa!

Here's a pro tip for you kiddies out there: Pay attention in class, learn some patience and please learn to read/use search functions properly.

The truth of the matter is, you'll get in when you get in.

That's bantha shart man, 18+. Don't leave ME out of it. 21+ is reserved only for destroying your body with legal drugs and alcohol. <3

Bioware. I preordered this game ages ago. The gamestop said they don't have pre order codes and they ran out. Gamestop called me the other day and said btw we have pre order codes now. So am I going to be punished by being denied early access because gamestop didn't provide me wit ha pre order code until yesterday.

i can only remain patient for so long.

there is no emotion, there is peace

im guessing i will not be in this early access today. maybe even tomorrow. but the is always hope.

there is no passion, there is serenity.

look forward to seeing you all in the game. lets make this a viable alternative for WoW

I realize you are trying very hard to seem as if "YOU" know what your talking about Sir. However, those microcosmic levels you are talking about is WRONG. If they wanted to test the download game client then why allow early download? You fail Sir with your analogy. Furthermore, those microcosmic levels should have been fully tested with the open beta as well. If not then BW DOES fail at testing.

'download game client'? What the hell are you talking about?

Do you not understand that this is still a new client of the game as of...what was it, last thursday they allowed pre-load finally? Do you realize that the production servers and the development servers are completely separate pieces of hardware? And might very well not even be in the same location?

You're talking about a change from a temporary beta infrastructure to a full-scale long term production infrastructure with a new client and a very different type of player.

They're allowed to make sure everything doesn't just blow the hell up on launch day, to make adjustments on that micro level before it becomes much more difficult to manage when 38274289347293847239847234985745 people come home on the 20th and download /install from disk and try and sign on.

So, please, again: SHUT UP

BW went to the trouble of sending people information in advance about getting into the BETA weekends.

BW went to the trouble of sending guilds information in advance about what servers they were assigned to

BW didnt bother to go to the trouble of telling people what day they are likely to get into Early Access.

:rolleyes:

This is both ironic and completely stupid.

BW have access to account information that records when people redeemed their codes: Check

BW have access to the amount of codes that are redeemed: Check

Logical Deduction.

Determine how many people you intend to let in per wave or day and divide the total number by that.

You will end up with a pretty rough estimate of when people would get in and be able to e-mail that in advance. Add an extra day if you want a margin for error.

People are going to be more pleased with potentially getting in EARLY than late and you would get praised for people getting in early. Instead your screwing people into impatiently waiting on the edge of their seat with no ability to guage when they will get i at all.

^ Not even the fan boy's can argue with its logic.

Everyone paid the same amount of money to play this game and ur choosing favorites. i happen to be a 8 year lucas art mmo customer but that doesnt matter all that matters is you told the world early access and instead gave the world false hope thatnks dev team for breaking my freakin heart this morning im freakin livid

Already created a thread on this on the customer service area, but I'm sure it's already lost. So, can someone clear something up for me please?

According to my code redemption history, I have:

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

09.27.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

So, which date is used to determine when you gain Early Access entry? I'm pretty sure I redeemed my early access code the same time as the standard edition one. In fact, I think I only ever received one code from the place I pre-ordered from.

As I've always thought I registered my code in September, this'll throw my estimates of gaining access in between the 14 - 15/16th off. I'm thinking the Early Access thing is wrong, if that is what's being used.

Everyone has the same ready to patch date. Go buy the pre-order date.