Streaming GSF

Drakkolich

So was watching the games from last night, and noticed something... Would have to test, but remember how you said plasma warheads on pods did 13 damage with DO? I definitely saw a point in the first match where you did NOT have DO, and a pod ticked for 13 damage. Makes me think that DO must not apply to at least the plasma warhead dot. And that makes me kind of wonder if it actually applies to plasma rail or thermite torpedo dots. I assume the initial hit is still doubled in terms of damage, but is that it? Because that would make do like 1.5x damage in the cases of plasma rail and thermite torp.

Not really a big deal, but I did notice it, and it made me wonder.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So was watching the games from last night, and noticed something... Would have to test, but remember how you said plasma warheads on pods did 13 damage with DO? I definitely saw a point in the first match where you did NOT have DO, and a pod ticked for 13 damage. Makes me think that DO must not apply to at least the plasma warhead dot. And that makes me kind of wonder if it actually applies to plasma rail or thermite torpedo dots. I assume the initial hit is still doubled in terms of damage, but is that it? Because that would make do like 1.5x damage in the cases of plasma rail and thermite torp.

Not really a big deal, but I did notice it, and it made me wonder.

I happen to know for sure that thermites dot ticks harder when you have DO, the really interesting part of the thermite + DO relationship is that if you have DO when the thermite hits the dot ticks are doubled but if DO drops off of you during the dot, the dot will decrease in damage. Meaning every dot tick is still considered as damage coming from you and not from the dot on the target, this is why when you're dotted you can maneuver yourself to take damage on both shield arcs by just angling yourself differently toward the person that shot you.

I happen to know for sure that thermites dot ticks harder when you have DO, the really interesting part of the thermite + DO relationship is that if you have DO when the thermite hits the dot ticks are doubled but if DO drops off of you during the dot, the dot will decrease in damage. Meaning every dot tick is still considered as damage coming from you and not from the dot on the target, this is why when you're dotted you can maneuver yourself to take damage on both shield arcs by just angling yourself differently toward the person that shot you.

Now THAT I did not know. That's pretty slick, though. :D

Interesting experiment idea:

1)- Tester shoots experimental subject with plasma or thermite.

2)- Tester dies.

3)- Before respawn, experimental subject should experience damage coming from either the last location (corpse, even after despawn) or the center of the map (where you spawn in the "satan's a**s" bug, the 0,0,0 location), or the selected spawnpoint. This will tell us when the game moves your ship, and where, prespawn.

Edited by Verain

Good match Drako - our newbs were surprisingly not bad and I am surprised we got the 3 cap to come from behind.

Yep was a good one, I died one time and you guys 3 capped lol. Also if anyone wants to hear me actually get frustrated for once it was that game. :p

• 3 weeks later...