Question About New Decos

Xina_LA

I got a Tree of the Archivist from the new flashpoint.

Why is there a Large/Centerpiece deco of a tree breaking out of a giant bowl?

It's the most bizarre thing I've seen in the game.

Also, why is the Smuggled Art deco called that?

It doesn't have any artwork in the boxes. Am I missing a FP reference?

Yeah, the new FP decos are not that great. The tree is basically a bigger Dantooine medium tree but the bowl looks odd. The archives power storage unit is nice (looks library-ish), the columns and table are ok, but there's also things like Dantooine debris pile. Sure, there might be someone who has been looking for exactly this, but compared to for example the Copero deco drops, they could be better.

Also agree regarding the smuggled art. Two containers slammed together - could just as well be smuggled underpants. ^^

I wonder if the drop rate on storymode after the initial one-time crate drop is as abysmal as the rate in SoV.

Edited by Mongorr

The smuggled artwork reveals art if it's opened. Interact with it. :)

Oh, thanks for the info. Yes, looks much nicer now. I probably would never have placed it withour your tipp. :D

Edited by Mongorr

Oh, thanks for the info. Yes, looks much nicer now. I probably would never have placed it withour your tipp. :D

To be honest it wasn't obvious to me. I really dislike interactable decorations having the bright blue highlight. It messes with the visual vibe. But if the highlight isn't there, it's easy to miss the interaction! I only clicked because I was suspicious at how interchangeable the base decoration looked with any number of crates. So I think, from a designer's point of view, the struggle is real. :D

Did Malgus steal some artwork? I had no idea he was so... cultured.

Are the crates supposed to be from Malgus? :eek:

Edited by Estelindis

I can only assume how people use interactive decos. Maybe there are a lot of role players enjoying that they start out in "deactivated mode". I personally would much prefer, since the setting is not persistent through logout, that those decos are by default "activated", so you don't have to run around everytime switching them all on one by one in case somebody comes to visit. Edited by Mongorr

I can only assume how people use interactive decos. Maybe there are a lot of role players enjoying that they start out in "deactivated mode". I personally would much prefer, since the setting is not persistent through logout, that those decos are by default "activated", so you don't have to run around everytime switching them all on one by one in case somebody comes to visit.

For some reason, this never occurred to me as an option. Yeah, in every case I can quickly call to mind, a default activated state would be great.

I personally would much prefer, since the setting is not persistent through logout, that those decos are by default "activated", so you don't have to run around everytime switching them all on one by one in case somebody comes to visit.

I don't think there's any point to that. I'm pretty sure they all work like the jukeboxes. If someone isn't within range when the "button push signal" (as I think of it) goes out, nothing happens. They won't see the device activated.

For example, if you're alone in your SH and activate a jukebox, then your friend arrives, they won't hear anything.

If you activate your jukebox while they're in range, it's random what song they hear, it probably won't be the same song you're listening to.

In my experience, all the deco activation is client side.

Edited by Xina_LA