Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So... if the server my guild was assigned to is flagged as 'Full', yet I haven't been able to log in because we're doing access in waves (and only the first few days of pre-orders are currently in the game), should I be concerned? Will I still be able to create a character on the server my guild is assigned to?

And since I'm posting let me just say that, in my opinion, the wave concept is horrible. If the servers can't handle all the pre-order early access volume right now, how in the world are they going to handle things on the actual launch date? They knew how many players to expect... they had server load metrics from the betas... they assigned guilds to servers knowing the current membership counts of those guilds... how hard was it to make sure that there was enough capacity to handle the anticipated load? Didn't they already do at least some of that when they assigned guilds to servers? It's not like adding another server lessens the load on my now-full guild server, unless they have the ability to add capacity to a shard and if they have that ability then they should have added it from start. I'm just not seeing how 'waves' benefits anything.

If they've done all of this to ensure a smooth launch they've only succeeded for the lucky few who've gotten in. For everybody else (at least, for those who expected to get in) it's been pretty frustrating. "Up to" 5 days. I get it. They didn't promise much of anything, but they added in early access as a pre-order incentive and the precedent set by previous MMOs was that you got in when early access started. You can refer back to the "up to" sleight-of-hand all you want to, but it's still an underhanded move in my opinion. This isn't "bonus" time; it's time I paid for by pre-ordering (or giving them my money ahead of time). It wasn't clear that I was getting a lottery ticket and not guaranteed access before 12/20. Is that my fault? Maybe I should have read that a bit better and not expected it to be the same as all of the preceding MMOs. Or maybe they should have clarified that and explained their early access plans a bit better. In any case I'll certainly be less likely to pre-order an EA or Bioware product in the future as a result though.

I enjoy the pre-launch environment and the excitement that comes along with it, but this one is really wearing on me. I have a mental list (my opinions only, based on first hand experience) of smooth launches that starts with Rift and ends with Vanguard. WoW is in the middle somewhere. As stated, this is personal opinion and is based on server stability, ease-of-access (queue times), availability, etc. SWTOR is about half way down the list right now, and dropping like a rock. My opinion. If you don't like it, I really don't care.

"the third wave of Early Game Access emails have been sent, one more to go!"

Swtor Facebook! :)

Wait! Wait wait wait!!

"One more to go!"? What does that mean? One more wave and then they're done for the day?

OH GOD IM HAVING A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

ARUAREUHRAU

I'm kind of curious how many of these "upset individuals" will keep crying once they get in?

Probably a good chunk, most ppl arent happy unless they are ************ about something...lol. Granted yes I myself would like to get in, but I know that isn't going to happen until the weekend (if i get in earlier...hooray for me, but im not holding my breath). Just glad ppl that redeemed on the 22nd are finally getting in, less ppl to post complaints

I think the fanboys need to get a grip and understand things from other folks point of view...

I'm at work, so I can't play for a little bit anyway, BUT that said, I have to agree with other comments here. I think the staggered launch was ill planned. They should have broken us up into batches and notified us as to which batch we were in. That way, they still didn't have to tell us when, but at least we would have some idea of which wave we would be in. That's something to hold onto. The looking and waiting is hard to do when everyone is excited about something we've waited years for.

My 2 cents.

Yes, because you know better than bioware how to go about the BIGGEST MMO launch in history. Seriously? I can tell you've never been involved with any kind of systems development. Giving a rough estimate would be the DUMBEST thing they could do, hence they fact they haven't done it. Get a grip and get over yourself.

They only prommised UP to 5 days they never said anything about promissing 5 days to every one.

That's marketing speak for "If you buy 1 day before launch, you can't sue us for not giving you 5 days", however one would expect that since they are still advertising "up to 5 days" that it must still be possible to get those 5 days.

This "wave" thing is the stupidest idea I've ever seen. By not providing a person's spot in the "wave list" the SWTOR website is getting hammered by stupid threads say OMG I want to play etc. I really hope this isn't a representation of the kind of thought that goes behind this MMO or I can see failure in the future.

Proper planning prevents piss poor performance...... Words to live by.