Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

So first, I spend 150$ on the collectors edition okay that's understandable.

Second, My early access code doesn't work. Not okay

Third, I have to fight my balls off to get one that does work. Not okay

Fourth, I get the code for a standard edition pre-order. I don't know if there is a difference so I won't be upset yet.

Fifth, I have to wait for you to send emails in batches? *** kind of **** is this.

GET YOUR **** TOGETHER BIOWARE!!!

Thumbs down so far.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone notice that the first post by the mod is gone... Maybe they are updating it? Either way I think they are doing just fine. If they came out with a chart saying when someone can get in people will be even more enraged if they do not get in by then. What if the servers crash? That could add delay. So they are keeping it a "secret" and i hope it stays that way.

Entered my pre order code the 1st day it was available and no email here.

True that. Did the exact same thing but have not recieved an email with the redeem code.

I have talked to several support agents and none seems to be able to help me... sigh..

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no chaos; there is harmony.

There is no death, but you won't get access today if you pre-ordered in december. Deal with it.

8/28 here. Looks like 4th wave tonight may cover 24/25 July.

I am hoping to get in tomorrow (depending on how much the peak of pre-orders fell off) but expecting the day after that.

Never mind... we've got a couple of years of playing this.

It's just after playing the beta, I am itching to get in. Wonder if I have time to get prestige 7 in MW3 before I get the email because I am certainly not playing it after that.

"Four waves planned so far - day isn't over yet. We're already seeing fairly full servers, so it's going great so far."

Only four waves ? I had high hopes they'd keep sending waves all day, let's say every.. 2 hours ? Quite pathetic seeing as servers are having queue's already... sad panda.

just imagine, that after 2 days of "early access" they told us something like that: "Sorry guys, but servers are full for now. pls be patient and wait until we buy more >_<"

P.S: and yes... on 12/20/2011 servers will be offline anyway ) or you just spent these day in queues )) enjoy it )

my email said early access 12-13-11, i didnt say anything about waves, i took the day off, for nothing, frickin Bioware, u suck,

"Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code."

Actually the way they are doing the staggering is dumb and doesn't do what they want (the staggering in general is dumb, but this doesn't accomplish their goal)

There goal is to stagger so there are less server issues and less congestion in the lowbie zones, but the reality is that because they only are staggering 5ish hours between several waves they aren't doing that and thus not accomplishing their goal. All they are doing is frustrating the people that are in and not in... if they just let everyone in people would stagger their own times based on how they can get in and such.

Hrmm... well, so far, my sister and two buddies are currently in-game now; she activated her preorder on 8/25, and both friends in late September.

I activated my preorder long before them, and have yet to receive my early access code :confused:

Thankfully, I got to play a few weeks of beta using... alternative... means, but if I were one of the many people waiting to experience the game for the first time via early access--and who're counting on their individual early access date actually being based on when they used their preorder code--I'd be pretty pissed (if not surprised) right about now - since that's clearly not how the prioritization is happening. It's not just this wave, either, but I'm sure most of us know that by now.

If you want to help prevent this "unfortunate oversight" (usage of that term based on my predicting the future, of course) from happening again, I recommend anybody with preorder code activation dates prior to September (or later, if you're sure that somebody with a later activation date is in-game now) get on your phones and kindly ask the CS department why folks with much later dates than you are nevertheless being given your early access slot. No - you're not going to actually get the early access that you should, so don't think that; you'll simply be punctuating their mistake here - taking the red highlighter to their uncrossed "t," so to speak. Because, unless I've missed a dev post in the minute or two it took to write this, Bioware must just obviously... not realize it yet! :eek: Yeah, that's definitely what's going on. :rolleyes:

"Solely" : Bioware as "Soon" : Blizzard? Jeez, I hope not.

Seriously, though, this fiasco IS quite disappointing :(

However... seeing as how it is the legend responsible for Baldur's Gate, Bioware gets a free pass in my book, at least -- though just this once.

This wouldn't of been so terrible if they where sending out more Waves then just 4 for today, but some of you Guys are right. We aren't sure how many People do get invited per Wave but i can understand how alot of People are feeling about this. In some cases like myself when you Pre-Order the Game for starters it's 10€ (13$) and that's just for Pre-Ordering the Game to get the early Access and a Pre-Order Item and a Copy Reserved but when the Game comes offically out you still have to pay the same Price as anyone else that didn't Pre-Order. So i personally do feel abit robbed for my Money especially since the Pre-Order Box did not say "May play up to 5 Day's early" It says "Pre-Order now to gain Early Game Access and an exclusive Ingame Item look for your Weapon". So that's misleading Information but i can understand why BioWare/EA is taking their time sending out these invites so they can make sure that everything runs fine without every Area being totally overflooded.

THERE IS NO PRE-ORDER FEE FFS!!!!!!!!!

Some ppl are pure morons.

some people actually payed a fee for it mister moron.

(i payed 5€ for the preorder key, the game without the preorder was 42 euros with the preorder 47€, still cheaper then the crap at origin so easy choice)

Early Access is not a gift. Its a give concidering your giving them money EARLY. When I pre-ordered there was no staggered release talk yet if there was i WOULDN'T have Pre-ordered. Its a stupid Idea will piss off countless people that all have valid points. I know why they are doing it but thats their problem NOT mine. Making me wait even tho I gave them my money many months in advance makes it now MY problem and thats bull!!