Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly Bioware I've never seen que's in any other game I've played, even the que for a couple of other start up mmo's in the last five years weren't this long. See Hellgate London and Tabula Rasa to name a few. Then 2 years ago almost STO was launched, Cryptic underestimated their server load then also. For almost 3 months they had que's almost every day. They saw a big drop in subscriptions during that time..

Please Bioware fix this problem before launch....

Oh it's never too late to add a couple of oceanic servers you know. Then I could laglessly float over there and avoid the growing hatred the American population of The swiftsure have towards me. :sul_embarrassed:

o-O I dont hate you guys for playing on the server I was assigned to. I am annoyed that Bioware cant just give you guys an oceanic server or five. I mean really, Its common sense to give Europe and other countries more server space too right?

I don't mind the queues... I'd mind them MUCH less if I could watch the cinematics while I'm waiting in the queue. Alas, you can't access the cinematics until you're in the server... and you wouldn't be able to click on them while you're waiting in the queue, anyway. Regardless... anyone else agree? 30 minutes flies by between watching all of the cinematics... and I can watch them over and over again.

Well said DirtyShadow, they have yet to actually say what they're going to do to fix the issue, adding servers will not fix the issue at heart right now, adding new servers without being able to transfer characters to the new ones will not aleviate the queue times. Please Bioware, give us an answer, we are now paying customers, give us some hope. Just a quick "we're working on increasing the populations of the servers" or "we're going to allow character transfers" would suffice, you don't even necessarily have to give a specific timeline, but just knowing that you plan on actually fixing the REAL issue would give us all some hope. It's good customer service, thousands of your customers are sitting in the dark here waiting for an answer! PLEASE GIVE US AN ANSWER!

This definately is a genius move alright. leave the ques alone so that not a lot of people can play early access. then leave the ques until the first month of release is done. then fix the problem once people actually starting giving money by the month... this is what i see happening rightnow. I havent had the oppurtunity to play once since i started early access which was day two..

The worse part is, the estimated wait for the queues are much shorter than it actually is...

ETA queue of 50 minutes is more like an hour and a half.

I find this annoying as well. I would rather they remove the estimates, as whichever part of the team that implemented that particular feature was waaaay off the mark.

My question is, why haven't they locked servers from having new characters created on them until they get this problem under control?

Servers that are FULL, need to have new character creation locked out, and the population migrated over to a new server; until the FULL server no longer has a queue. (Migrate them over to another server that is the same type and time zone.)

Yes, there will be unhappy players about being put on another server than what they started out with. At least they'll be able to play and not stuck in a queue for over an hour or more.

I'm certain that the amount of players who are unhappy, about being stuck in a server queue for hours on end; far outnumber the amount that would be generated by a forced server migration.

Count me as one of the MANY unhappy players, who is tired of waiting for more than 2 hours to play. I was one of the fortunate to get a Day 1 invite to the EGA and on Day 1, there weren't any queue times that I noticed. On day 2 though, I waited 6 HOURS in the queue to get on and play. Thankfully, it hasn't been that bad since. Unfortunately, my average wait time in the queue is around 2 hours. This is ludicrous and the only reason I keep putting up with the queue times, must be because I'm a glutton for punishment. Ugh!

Very good questions. I'd love to hear a response to this.

why isnt there 2 server spots per pre-release game sold, not barely enough space. Double, triple, having the empty space, just means you will fill it.

And who says there isn't?

The problem isn't the # of servers, as has been mentioned many times. The problem is that people CHOOSE to play with their friends. Well, damn, your "friend" got in day one of EA, and their server is full during primetime (they all are). So, now you have to sit and wait and wait and wait. Surprised? Not so much.

How do you alleviate the problem? You don't. No, really, you don't. You can't.

Adding more servers works for new players

Automatically provisioning new accounts on closest (non full) server works for new players, but then they won't be able to play with friends, soooo, that's out.

Locking "full" (what's full, really, I mean, there are going to be times when none are full) servers doesn't work, because, hey, I want to create a new toon. Oh, damn, server's full, can't create another toon.

Allowing more in per server is going to only upset the players already on the server.

This is a lose/lose scenario. Unfortunately, that's just how these things start up. WoW had TERRIBLE queues at the beginning. This is one of those growth things tht they WILL work out eventually. Stamping your feet , throwing little girly fits isn't going to get them to do it ANY faster. It may make you feel better, but really, it makes you just look like a *******. Be patient, wait. We ALL have to go through and wait at some point in our lives.

Ever heard of console companies or toy companies purposely creating a shortage to cause a stir and increase demand?

Sucks that we're all pawns here, but that is 100% what is happening. It makes it seem like we are all fist fighting over a tickle-me Elmo, when in reality, they have made the server cap a minimal amount.

I have to agree with most that this is unnecessary for the ques during early access to be this long and the majority of the player base is going to come with the official release, so if the servers are full now due to making sure the game is stable, the creaters are screwed when it comes down to the officialy launch. The thing to do would be to have them alot higher and being tested so that when the real release comes out, the servers will handle it. Absolutely rediculous for me to have to come home from work and have to wait for hours just to play and then by the time i get in I have to log. If you do not fix this soon, there will be an outrage and this is not the kind of mood you want your early base of players thinking of.

And who says there isn't?

The problem isn't the # of servers, as has been mentioned many times. The problem is that people CHOOSE to play with their friends. Well, damn, your "friend" got in day one of EA, and their server is full during primetime (they all are). So, now you have to sit and wait and wait and wait. Surprised? Not so much.

How do you alleviate the problem? You don't. No, really, you don't. You can't.

Adding more servers works for new players

Automatically provisioning new accounts on closest (non full) server works for new players, but then they won't be able to play with friends, soooo, that's out.

Locking "full" (what's full, really, I mean, there are going to be times when none are full) servers doesn't work, because, hey, I want to create a new toon. Oh, damn, server's full, can't create another toon.

Allowing more in per server is going to only upset the players already on the server.

This is a lose/lose scenario. Unfortunately, that's just how these things start up. WoW had TERRIBLE queues at the beginning. This is one of those growth things tht they WILL work out eventually. Stamping your feet , throwing little girly fits isn't going to get them to do it ANY faster. It may make you feel better, but really, it makes you just look like a *******. Be patient, wait. We ALL have to go through and wait at some point in our lives.

It is easy to fix, offer guild transfers and bonus xp if you move your guild for a week or whatever. Also ban the creation of new characters on swiftsure at least, also give Aussies and Europeans some damn servers and stop shoveling them on US servers.

Very good questions. I'd love to hear a response to this.

LOL! Can you imagine those who didn't pre-order, standing in line at midnight to get the boxed version, getting home, all excited and waiting while it installs, and then I'm sure they will have to patch the install, and then go to log in and it says they have a 50 minute wait. LOL Or even worse, to find out that they can't create any characters on any servers because it's been locked.

WOW. I sure hope they come up with a good solution. I realize this IS the biggest MMO ever, but these queue times are really going to look negative on the game. And that is a shame because it is such a good game.

:confused:

This definately is a genius move alright. leave the ques alone so that not a lot of people can play early access. then leave the ques until the first month of release is done. then fix the problem once people actually starting giving money by the month... this is what i see happening rightnow. I havent had the oppurtunity to play once since i started early access which was day two..

Yeah except....

People in early access are now telling all their friends who havent bought it "The Queues are @^#@ing terrible" you dont want to be spending Christmas and New Year waiting 3 hours to play.

By the end of their free month (if they survived that long) time to buy a time card (or charge the credit card), NO!!!!

That way is going to lose customers. Everyone will go back to WoW, Skyrim, TF2, BF3, CoD.

Need more and/or better servers.

We need 100% free server transfers.

You cashed in with the release and pre-orders. Thats nothing compared to the money on the table to keep those subs. No one is going to pay a sub to sit in a queue for more then half the amount of time they have to play. Do not be reactive, be pre-active. Fix the problem NOW and give people the options to remedy this on his or her own with transfers.

Ever heard of console companies or toy companies purposely creating a shortage to cause a stir and increase demand?

Sucks that we're all pawns here, but that is 100% what is happening. It makes it seem like we are all fist fighting over a tickle-me Elmo, when in reality, they have made the server cap a minimal amount.

Hmmm so purposely set the server pops low and stuff the servers past capacity, make the game look uber popular cause the queue times are 1 hour plus and this will make people really want to play cause they think something is awesome about this game since so many people are playing? I wouldn't put it past a corporation to pull something like this....