Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

From Twitter:

SWTOR The Old Republic

The third wave of Early Game Access emails have been sent, one more to go

That pretty much says it all. The last wave will include ALL THE REST of the pre-orders. So hold on guys, EVERYONE will be included in the last wave. Yay!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1) All the people foaming because they don't get to start today, rofl. Instead of asking, "Why didn't everyone get access to the game before it's official release date?" maybe you should be asking, "Why would Bioware given anyone early access?" Answer to the latter: because they're nice. I can't believe people are complaining that anyone is getting early access.

I’m sorry but this is just pure delusion. BW offered early access as a marketing tactic to make pre-ordering more appealing. It’s incredibly naïve to think otherwise. You are not their friend, you are their customer. Personally I’m disappointed that I can’t get in yet and I think BW haven’t handled this in the best way. On the other hand they promised 5 days early not 7, so thus far they have not failed to deliver anything they promised.

I love how there are so many claiming they were guaranteed 5 days early access, when release is still 7 days away. Let alone the constant, conveniently forgetten "up to" part of the offer.

yea, who cares about them.

i'm in the "this is a stupid way of handling it" camp.

they should know exactly how many they're letting in, and exactly who. It is absolutely no different except you don't have people apparently boiling with rage because they have no idea how to schedule their free time so they can play this.

Just a spoiler, but launching your mmo the week before christmas is a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really dumb idea

The 5 bucks is deducted from the price of the game, so no one ripped you off.

Just because the server isn't full doesn't mean that the starting areas aren't full.

If they put 2000 people on a server at once, and they all flood into 4 starting zones...it's gonna be a little rough trying to complete the early quests and get out of there.

Staggering the entry is about more than just server population. What good would it do you to be in the game if you had to wait 2 hours for a quest target to respawn, or the zones were laggy because everyone was still in them?

Just learn some patience. It is the season of giving and charity, Bioware is going to give your a gift of free game time. So why not show you deserve it?

You'd think most of you people have nothing else in their life worth anything. That's kinda sad.

lol wow nuff said great post says everything that needs to be said

Why so much QQ? If you pre-ordered they only garanteed upto 5 day early game access. Some are getting in before that. But that was not what they advertised. Some will get in today some tomorrow, you will get in on the 19th most likely. If you get in on the 19th... they did what they said they would do! Why in the world would anyone take of work to play today with no guarantee they they would get in? Schedule your time off for the 20th and stop crying.

People are forgetting (or just want to argue) that you didn't pay for early access. You paid for a pre-order, that is, a reservation for a copy of the game - digital or not.

-Everything- else, is a BONUS.

And for most of us we chose to pay that preorder fee because they waved early access at us, at the momment for me i would have been better off just waiting till the 20th, cos at this rate ill be getting a few hours early access at best.

Man I keep getting blue balled.. my hotmail tab keeps getting 1 new email.. but its never TOR :(

I am off work today sick... (Yes actually sick.. I think my body knows I want to play)... Can't wait for that Email... won't be pissed if I have to wait though... 8/02 Preorder here, no email.

People stop whining, you could just wait till the 20th.. can't get your name.. keep trying different servers.. or.. come up with a new name.. its not that good if someone already has it.

OMG! 3 of my friends cancled their pre orders because of early access o.0 Why guys why?

Im just pretending today and tomorrow dont exist and the 5 days early access thing still stands.

You will get to play one way or another so why just blow a fuse and cancle?

Oke, I know they stated that both Euro and US game would start (not pre, but start) the same day (the 20th) .... (changed from 22 in Europe)

Did anyone actualy see them say the pre-launch would start on the same day, though ?

Did "any" European's out there get in yet ?

It seems all the people ************ about the 'waves' way of launching don't understand or would rather the server just crash every 5mins if they just let every pre-order sign in willy nilly.

Stuff a sock in it. The servers aren't going to crash and we are only talking about those that ordered months ago. They are the ones that are pissed. If you ordered within the first month you should be in. I did, did you? also probably 90% of the peeps signed into this site didn't join until 2011. What about all the peeps that have been there since 2009 in the beginning. Some have a real reason to be frustrated, EVEN IF IT IS JUST A GAME!!! Let them vent, just don't go starting law suits as I saw earlier this morning LOL!

Yes the signature doesn't work and yes it is BW code.

Its gonna be like Terra Nova, wave 6 is the one that go bad....

Now someone's gonna make a Terra Nova MMORPG. Instead of a companion you pick a sick relative or girlfriend or child or lover who you are coerced into doing all your bad missions for.

You have to figure in a couple things... Millions of pre-orders, which I will presume at least half of them used their early access code.

Not everyone is sitting at home staring at the launcher or staring at their email. Many people who are waiting for early access are at work and unable to log in at this time.

If they are checking for server stability, they have to realize that if they send out, say 250,000 invites today. Maybe half (and I'm being generous) are logging in immediately. They have to give time for the other half to log in later.

If they keep piling on waves without a larger number of those granted early access logging in, they could end up facing what they're trying to avoid.

The amount of trolling here really sheds a bad light on the community before most of the people even begin to play ...

Till now NOONE could bring a proof of people who preodered late already being ingame. So don't believe what people are telling you.

And how can you all complain about the number of waves? We don't know how many people get invited with every wave. Would you prefer 1000 waves today consisting each of 10 people or 4 waves of 50000 invites?