What happens to my legacy levels if I character transfer?

jakedamus

Right now nothing.

The transfers have been delayed until late April, more likely May do to legacy concerns, I hope they either merge for the first, so you are not penalized for making a new character, they just have to be wary of exploitation.

Yeah, I have a few questions about the transfer that aren't covered in the FAQ.

1) As above about legacy levels.

2) Is it just the one character or is it a server full of characters?

3) Are all items carried over from the characters personal hold and what they are wearing? (More of a confirmation)

I'm not creating any Asia-Pacific characters at the moment due to the uncertainty of what's exactly happening with the transfers.

Edited by Palathas

I'd love to know the answer as well. I've got a lvl 50 and 4 alts on a low pop West Coast server but I've started a new character on Dalborra 'cause I couldn't wait for the better lag & higher pop. I want to know if:

* the legacy experience will come with the US characters at all

* the experience of my new character will contribute to the legacy at merge (I'm guessing not but great if it did)

* the legacy's will be merged & experience summed (if I keep at it that long), or will conflict if I use the same name

I'd really like to know sooner rather than later because the answers will determine whether I discard the old characters and start again, delete the new character & persevere on the US server, or play both sides of the Pacific for the next couple of months. The longer it is before finding out, the more I'll have invested and the more pissed off I'll be if I have to delete or abandon characters!

What I would like to know is if I get a character past act 1 on the server and select a Legacy name, what happens when I transfer my current 50?

Yeah thats number one!

BUT if they are delaying for 2 months im sure they will have it sorted with no sort of penalty.

The other issue is im not getting legacy xp as i level my alt on the new server, not that it does anything atm anyway hehe

The longer it is before finding out, the more I'll have invested and the more pissed off I'll be if I have to delete or abandon characters!

this too

Edited by Leweegibo

1) As above about legacy levels.

2) Is it just the one character or is it a server full of characters?

3) Are all items carried over from the characters personal hold and what they are wearing? (More of a confirmation)

I'm not creating any Asia-Pacific characters at the moment due to the uncertainty of what's exactly happening with the transfers.

We'll have more information about Legacy levels and experience a little closer to the window for character transfer. The system is still in development, and I don't want to promise anything that may not happen for whatever reason.

With that said, the development team is being very careful to ensure that the experience is as smooth as possible. We don't want to penalize anyone's progression just because they transferred their character.

On question (2), you will be able to transfer multiple characters, although there will be some limitations (eg available slots on a server). Again, more details will come closer to the time, but you will not be limited to one character.

On question (3) the only current restrictions are listed in the FAQ. After transfer:

The character will no longer be a part of its guild - Guilds and guild membership will not be transferred to your new server. You will need to create or join a new guild on your new server.

Your Friends list will be reset – Friend lists are server specific, so you will need to repopulate your list with players from your new server.

Before you transfer your character, it is important to ensure the following:

The character has no items listed on the Galactic Trade Network (auction house) – active Galactic Trade Network listings will not be transferred to your new server.

The character has no items or credits in their mailbox – In-game mail will not be transferred to your new server. Make sure you have removed everything in your mailbox before initiating the transfer. Otherwise, the contents will be lost.

Hope that helps clarify a little!

Hello everyone,

In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the topic of the new Australian servers and the issue of transfers, we will be closing this current thread. Thank You!

Edited by Trineda