New Music on YouTube!

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Recently we uploaded some new music to our YouTube channel! Specifically we added the two new tracks that were made for the Feast of Prosperity event.

-

-

Going forward, we're going to be more consistent with uploading any new music that gets created. Let's use our upcoming Game Update 6.2 as an example. All of the new music centered around this update will have a staggered release on YouTube over the following weeks after it launches later this year in December. If it would be of interest to everyone here, I could spin up a thread when the first one gets uploaded and include a schedule for any remaining tracks.

oh gosh, thank you for sharing these!!!! i've been wondering if the music in the area was for the Event or something I had missed from the Nar Shaddaa ambience! it's such perfect music!!!!!!!!!!! oh my gosh!!! thank you again! :D

Also, as to the second part of your post: would definitely appreciate that! Turning on notifications on YT so I don't miss anything either!

Edited by dustinalex

Hey everyone!

Recently we uploaded some new music to our YouTube channel! Specifically we added the two new tracks that were made for the Feast of Prosperity event.

-

-

Going forward, we're going to be more consistent with uploading any new music that gets created. Let's use our upcoming Game Update 6.2 as an example. All of the new music centered around this update will have a staggered release on YouTube over the following weeks after it launches later this year in December. If it would be of interest to everyone here, I could spin up a thread when the first one gets uploaded and include a schedule for any remaining tracks.

Listened to both tracks, nice!

This is what you post about?: Not an acknowledgment of the update braking the game so many of cannot play it because the launcher just crashes.

You assume a company cannot do multiple things at once. I'm sure someone's looking into the forum complaints about no logins, and I'm also sure that planned releases of content on publicly available media can occur despite such.

You're basically saying the equivalent of the art department not being able to continue to function because the lawn care people can't get their mower started.

There's more than one moving part to any given company, believe it or not.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Hey everyone!

-

-

A centralized location for all of these would be great.

How about also making them available as MP3 downloads like you did with all the music except for that on the the Collector's Edition CD at launch? It would be great to add the tracks released after these to my playlist as well.

To be honest, after all these years I wouldn't even mind if you also made available the CE soundtrack, possibly only accessible for subscribers, if you'd prefer that. Surely those of us who have it have had exclusive access long enough.

Edited by Luinthoron

I also would love to see an official downloadable release of the entire soundtrack, including the new stuff! I don't mind the CE soundtrack being released as well, even though I have one physically. The exclusivity period on that has been extremely long, and I'd love for people to enjoy the game's high quality score.

Now that we have Steam, you could even use their soundtrack DLC features! I'd buy it :jawa_wink:

This is what you post about?: Not an acknowledgment of the update braking the game so many of cannot play it because the launcher just crashes.

They didn't list their preferred pronouns or what they had for lunch either. 😅

I always have music in SWTOR turned down to zero because I often listen to podcasts or watch Youtube videos while playing. So, I keep forgetting about the music - I'll have to try to remember to turn the music up so I can hear the "Feast" music at least once. 😏

Edited by JediQuaker

I would most definitely be interesting in that, as someone who really loves the game's soundtracks I like to keep up with it as they release, so having a schedule would be pretty nice.

Nice tracks thanks, however they fit more into a kind of Fable game, than StarWars, in my humble opinion.

I'd ask when will you change the opening intro music?

Logging to the game every time with the same track playing is a bit annoying. Maybe mix a few different tracks and play them respectively.

Edited by Grendel_Echo

And the music is... not very good. I miss the original, as do many who have voiced this. An option to choose one or the other should have been available.

I like the new intro music except when my wife thinks they are singing "Sega in the moonlight!" 😆

And the music is... not very good. I miss the original, as do many who have voiced this. An option to choose one or the other should have been available.

I do actually like the new one, but I also miss the original.

Edited by Luinthoron

• 4 weeks later...
Hey everyone!

-

-

Hey, Daniel, first I want to say thanks for this post, as well as thank all on the team for finally releasing the music (I was so happy to finally get the Makeb suite after so long), I do have a few questions, will we get a schedule for when the 6.2 tracks are being released before 6.2 releases, and could we maybe get a note about if they are from the Spirit of Vengence FP, or the Tenebrae/Scourge/Kira/Satele story?

Also, is there any plans in the works to release the music that is on YouTube (From the 5th Anniversary stuff to what is coming in 6.2, and maybe the CE soundtrack for those that don't own it) either on the website to download (like BioWare did in the days leading up to the launch of the game in 2011), or on a streaming service? I'd love to be able to get a high-quality version of the music, and not just grab a copy of it from YouTube

• Dev Post
Hey, Daniel, first I want to say thanks for this post, as well as thank all on the team for finally releasing the music (I was so happy to finally get the Makeb suite after so long), I do have a few questions, will we get a schedule for when the 6.2 tracks are being released before 6.2 releases, and could we maybe get a note about if they are from the Spirit of Vengence FP, or the Tenebrae/Scourge/Kira/Satele story?

Also, is there any plans in the works to release the music that is on YouTube (From the 5th Anniversary stuff to what is coming in 6.2, and maybe the CE soundtrack for those that don't own it) either on the website to download (like BioWare did in the days leading up to the launch of the game in 2011), or on a streaming service? I'd love to be able to get a high-quality version of the music, and not just grab a copy of it from YouTube

Hey LtGeneralGezlin!

When I make the standard "Game Update 6.2 is live!" forum post that links to the launch article, I will also include a schedule for any planned YouTube videos. In the case of Game Update 6.2, we have two music tracks that will be added following its release. For future updates I'll carry that template going forward, so at a quick glance you can know if we have any planned YouTube releases around a specific update.

As for future plans to add other current music or providing direct downloads to tracks, that is something the team will look into.

As for future plans to add other current music or providing direct downloads to tracks, that is something the team will look into.

A lot of people have suggest Spotify over the years but I'm not sure how easy it is to get the game's OST in there.

A lot of people have suggest Spotify over the years but I'm not sure how easy it is to get the game's OST in there.

Spotify would be a good choice, but I wouldn't mind them releasing it on the website to download as well, similar to the stuff they released back during the runup to launch. That way, I can use the custom artwork I made for the music and listen whenever.

Hey LtGeneralGezlin!

When I make the standard "Game Update 6.2 is live!" forum post that links to the launch article, I will also include a schedule for any planned YouTube videos. In the case of Game Update 6.2, we have two music tracks that will be added following its release. For future updates I'll carry that template going forward, so at a quick glance you can know if we have any planned YouTube releases around a specific update.

Thanks for the update, Daniel! Can't wait to play 6.2, and hear the music!

Edited by LtGeneralGezlin

Spotify would be a good choice, but I wouldn't mind them releasing it on the website to download as well, similar to the stuff they released back during the runup to launch. That way, I can use the custom artwork I made for the music and listen whenever.

Thanks for the update, Daniel! Can't wait to play 6.2, and hear the music!

the website would be better, youtube has gotten extremely bad for ads, and spotify is getting there.

True, if we could download directly it'd be a lot better than having to convert the youtube video to MP4 or something.

the website would be better, youtube has gotten extremely bad for ads, and spotify is getting there.

Haven't used spotify in months outside of a Brazilian history podcast I used to listen to before they went on hiatus, I do remember finding the experience a bit frustrating considering I had my own playlists but spotify insisted on shoving recommended OSTs down my throat from things I had never watched or played... which meant I had to use my skips, which are limited to free users, I don't mind restrictions and the like but it was a bit too much so I just downloaded soundcloud instead.

True, if we could download directly it'd be a lot better than having to convert the youtube video to MP4 or something.

That's what I did with the 5th Anniversary/KotFE/May the Fourth Music releases, And made custom album art for them (And the Website stuff, plus my rip of the CE Soundtrack). They sound fine, not as good as a straight FLAC or MP3 would, but at least they are available for us to listen to! I'm not complaining, I did that when I was pushing for more music releases around Jedi Under Siege's release. Ahahahaha