New Ossus decorations requiring premium materials

Estelindis

Personally I don't follow this philosophy of "the appeal is that not everyone has them."

Well, that sucks for you, but....

What is the appeal of a specific reward for doing things, if the reward doesn't indicate your accomplishment? What is the appeal of an NFL championship ring if everyone can go to Walmart and buy one? (But I just want to wear rings!)

What is the appeal of winning a Grand-slam trophy if every hack tennis amateur also gets one. (But I like to fill my trophy case!)

What most people want is a First Place trophy, not a Participant ribbon. :cool:

Edited by JediQuaker

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that sucks for you, but....

What is the appeal of a specific reward for doing things, if the reward doesn't indicate your accomplishment? What is the appeal of an NFL championship ring if everyone can go to Walmart and buy one? (But I just want to wear rings!)

What is the appeal of winning a Grand-slam trophy if every hack tennis amateur also gets one. (But I like to fill my trophy case!)

What most people want is a First Place trophy, not a Participant ribbon. :cool:

Ah yes, we all know how important it is to foster a "sense of pride an accomplishment," don't we? ;)

I don't know if I can make it any clearer by repeating myself a third time, but I'm prepared to put in the effort. I am only asking if it will turn out not to have been necessary when 6.0 hits. If it turns out not to be necessary, then I can save myself and other players a lot of hassle. (And it's really more them than me, I assure you. If it was just hard on me, I could put up with it easier, but people being annoyed at my participation is something else.) Simply asking for information is a neutral act that really doesn't have to involve this wider social message of yours.

Edited by Estelindis

As of the current version of PTS, this has not yet been updated. The decos still required MasDC, MonDC, and UCs.

PTS is not complete of course but things like UCs are disappearing entirely so something will have to change there. And I could remember it wrong but I'm pretty sure they said something to that effect on one of the livestreams I saw on Onslaught some time ago. Still we won't know for sure till the 22nd I suppose.

Ah yes, we all know how important it is to foster a "sense of pride an accomplishment," don't we? ;)

I don't know if I can make it any clearer by repeating myself a third time, but I'm prepared to put in the effort. I am only asking if it will turn out not to have been necessary when 6.0 hits. If it turns out not to be necessary, then I can save myself and other players a lot of hassle. (And it's really more them than me, I assure you. If it was just hard on me, I could put up with it easier, but people being annoyed at my participation is something else.) Simply asking for information is a neutral act that really doesn't have to involve this wider social message of yours.

Honestly, I'm in the same boat. These kinds of things always slip through the cracks with patches. Its why the datacron decorations have been missing for years, the conquered exarch bracers are missing. I bring up the missing set bonus from the DvL armor and the missing alliance supply crates from planetary heroics every time i log onto PTS because if I don't flood their inbox with bug tickets its at least twice as likely to creep into live, and that chance is already too high. There is still a Rotating Timed Weekly mission that awards MasDC on the PTS and its the syncced with LIVE. Same with the weekly to defeat the two bosses. The longer this goes unanswered in the PTS forums the more likely it will go LIVE, because I've been complaining about the missing bracers and decos for years.

The good news is that if you have taken the time to stock up, you will be ok regardless. Because I had all my MasDC and UCs when I did character copy. But, you can always wait until the very last day on LIVE before the patch to buy the decorations, the patch notes should be up, and we ought to have at least one more version of PTS before it gets shut down for good. I'm not spending UCs anymore to convert to MasDC because some of the decos need 250 or 500 UC each, and who needs only one Large Stone Torch?