Virtual Cantina 2020 Recap

DanielSteed

Can confirm the code doesn’t work and hasn’t worked since they posted it.

I can confirm that the code did work, but it does not appear to be working now.

On the day of the stream the code was claimed on my main account, my alt-account, and my nephew's account. My main account did not receive anything because I already had all four of the Korrealis mounts. My alt-account received two of them because I had already collected the other two. My nephew received all four because they did not have any of them.

I just created a new account. When I went to claim the code nothing happened and no mounts were received in game.

Saregon's speculation would appear to be accurate that the code's original expiration time was not updated to account for the delay in broadcasting the stream.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saving best interview for last.

Darin's interview was wonderful, but I honestly loved all of them. I would absolutely adore if we got the chance to so Musco/Boyd in conversation with more of the voice actors -- they all seem like wonderful people and I love hearing them talk about the project, about Star Wars, and about their careers.

...I also still need to send Kari my Jedi Knight.

Just out of curiosity I went to the French and German versions of the teaser, they're both in English. All that was in French and German was the written descriptions. Is that a youtube setting? Or is there really one one English language teaser and the different text descriptions it is all you have?

C'mon Bioware, please notice this thread?

The code isn't working. 8(

I posted about the issue on their Facebook too, but no response yet there either.

It is Sunday. They will not respond until Monday, at which time they will likely either reactivate the code or issue a new one.

I hope Valk only comes back briefly as a ghost and in flashbacks. It's getting annoying. Just like Revan back then.

As long as we don't have to walk down some tedious narrow smashed up and broken pathway that we can be easily knocked off of for a "final" battle ... I'll be fine !

A long, knock down, drag out (bring out the 55 gallon container of whoop-azz) smack down ... don't be surprised !!

And .. I guess I'm OK with that too. ;)

[EDIT] : So as when we're done ... we're done with this critter ! :D

Edited by OlBuzzard

Honestly I'd much prefer Valkorion to return, than continue playing a servant to the Empire/Republic, considering that with the power lever our character has ATM could probably single-handedly wipe them out. I'd much rather play "keeping with Valkorions" than to speak one more time with annoyances like Tau, her robot-padawan, the tealoving general, Empress/Emperor weakasf**k and the rest of the dark council stooges present at the moment ( very bad written characters - all of them) or Malgus ver.2 rehash.... Much more enjoyable for me is to deal with force-eating monsters opposed to "go blow this satellite or go talk with this npc (insert random ruler)"

The story of Ossus, Onslaught is so meh. Boring and predictable. Rehash. Oh...and when Malgus flew off...I mean Acina and Vowran are so weak (unless you made up some hidden powers at random just now for the sake of continuation)...so what...suddenly every sith is so afraid of them, nobody tries to overthrow them. lol... oooohhhh (Homelander style).

No immersion whatsoever with storytelling like this.

Though I rather doubt this episode of story will be more than 20-30 mins or will lead to something great storywise...I'm so tired of mandalorians, but I cant wait to hear Valk's voice actor again. If I had to listen to Tau or Malgus ordering me around again....I'd prefer listening to Elcor/Hanar....

P.S No more Revan please. You done slaughtered the greatness of this character in SOR.

Edited by ExarSun

Agreed. When someone dies, please leave them dead.

^This.

Find writers who aren't so creatively bankrupt that their story arc of choice requires resurrecting dead villains.

Find writers who can develop in-depth, strong, plausible, sustainable story-arcs for new anti-heroes and villains.

Find writers who can stand up to stuck-in-a-rut players who only know how to scream for more imp vs. pub.

Agreed. When someone dies, please leave them dead.

+1 ... agreed !!

^This.

Find writers who aren't so creatively bankrupt that their story arc of choice requires resurrecting dead villains.

Find writers who can develop in-depth, strong, plausible, sustainable story-arcs for new anti-heroes and villains.

Find writers who can stand up to stuck-in-a-rut players who only know how to scream for more imp vs. pub.

OUCH !!!

I like it !!

Seconded.

At least if they bring back villains they could have taken a point or two from Legends Palpatine or Legends Abeloth. I imagine Legends GM Luke playing a servant to a Republic/Empire after everything he has become - this must be imp vs pub writers logic. Ridiculous.

So you rather be a puppet of the Sith Emperor?

We are supposed to either a hero of the Galaatic Republic or a champion of the Sith Empire, not the figure head of an independence alliance, BTW a Commander does not outrank an Admiral, the opposite is true.

Edited by RameiArashi

So you rather be a puppet of the Sith Emperor?

We are supposed to either a hero of the Galaatic Republic or a champion of the Sith Empire, not the figure head of an independence alliance, BTW a Commander does not outrank an Admiral, the opposite is true.

Expect that Commander isn't just a military rank. It's being used as a catch-all for the person who's the primary power for military, science, and civilian positions.

And there were many of us who wanted to move away from the Imp vs. Pub nonsense, and have an actually viable third power. There's reasons for every class to not want to return to their original faction, after all.

Hero or champion of Rep/Imp, at least in my head means something different than playing lackeyboy and doing small work for a person who is honestly an ant compared to our characters. Oh you just meddled with powers beyond comprehension?...nah bro...go blow up that satellite, negotiate with mercs or play servant to some nobles... in short - be our errand boy....zero immersion for me at least. It was logical throughout class story and the expansions after, but not now...not even a little bit.

The writing from the traitor arc up until now has been nothing but nonsense for me. Not that I have high hopes about the one that is coming. Great characters and plot is what this game needs....correctly corresponding to the player character power level. Not rehashing old conflicts. The characters from Ossus and Onslaught have been so forgettable....just like the "story" there.

Edited by ExarSun

Expect that Commander isn't just a military rank. It's being used as a catch-all for the person who's the primary power for military, science, and civilian positions.

And there were many of us who wanted to move away from the Imp vs. Pub nonsense, and have an actually viable third power. There's reasons for every class to not want to return to their original faction, after all.

Pretty close:

That was why I have made a suggestion for the BH to be more independent !! Not a lap dog for the emperor or a blood thirsty mercenary! Some players what that! That's also their choice!

Me personally ... I'd rather see another personality for a BH that's closer to the BH on the Mandalorian ... who BTW is NOT in the territory of the "empire" !

(but that's just me)

[note: this is not the first time in TV history where a BH tries to use "non violence" as a primary method of doing things. Please refer to the TV series "Have Gun Will Travel" AKA "Paladin". And yes I'm old enough I remember the series when it was FIRST released. (It was one of my dad's favorites).

;)

[edit: it should also be noted that regardless of the "alliance" this character could easily choose to exist on his own ... independently !! Hmmm come to think of it .. that nice shiny new space station located on the outer rim would make a REALLY nice place to hide my character !!]

Edited by OlBuzzard

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Two quick notes for y'all. While we've mentioned this in other threads, I wanted to double back and inform everyone here that we created a new code to receive four classic Korrealis mounts. The new code is CantinaLivestream2020. This new code will expire on Monday, November 30th.

Secondly, everything has now been uploaded to YouTube to view at your leisure! Keith mentioned that if the community really liked this style of a "virtual cantina", we can look into doing these in a post-pandemic world. Whether you liked the general format, meeting someone new from the team, hearing from voice actors etc. Let us know what parts you liked!

Hey everyone!

Two quick notes for y'all. While we've mentioned this in other threads, I wanted to double back and inform everyone here that we created a new code to receive four classic Korrealis mounts. The new code is CantinaLivestream2020. This new code will expire on Monday, November 30th.

Secondly, everything has now been uploaded to YouTube to view at your leisure! Keith mentioned that if the community really liked this style of a "virtual cantina", we can look into doing these in a post-pandemic world. Whether you liked the general format, meeting someone new from the team, hearing from voice actors etc. Let us know what parts you liked!

As someone who lives in another country it was a great opportunity to have this cantina experience online, seeing the voice actors giving their thoughts about their experiences with SWTOR is great and I just love hearing about the news live! Be it what is coming or little teases and the like, really like the Echoes of Oblivion tease:rak_01:

Hey everyone!

I would love to see an official stream having you show how you take the screenshots/videos whenever new cartel market items are released giving us a behind-the-scenes look at the kind of dev tools for screenshots & cinematics you got access to :jawa_tongue:. Actually some behind-the-scenes streams could be nice, seeing how stuff in the game is made (not that the behind-the-scenes interviews on the site arent nice, but it's different between reading an interview and actually seeing how stuff is made).

But yes the virtual cantina was really nice, would be cool to have stuff like that happen more often, especially since many of us SWTOR fans aren't from the US.

Edited by Darthjantom

Hey everyone!

I liked the part where keith mentioned something about the 10 year anni and rendering?

Info pls. :rak_02:

Hey everyone!

thoroughly enjoyed the virtual cantina. Meeting the Voice Actors was incredibly interesting. I would love to see more of this.