the guys who ruin matches by suiciding and then staying dead

easyandrew

tonight alone,,the same moron on different toons,,to which I ignored yet in every match he`s paired up with me..When called out he doesnt answer or reply,,beyond headaches,,beyond stupidity,,i`d like this company to find which influencer is telling people to do this for easy cq,,,you got the effeminate on youtoube already talking of cheaping out,then the fat russian`s website or the unibrow wonder also telling everyone how to lazy their behinds ,,this has got to stop,,1 full night with the same guy is bad enough,,the last few matches everyone just did the same,,,I nominate the next update you force the same kick as in unranked pvp,,no warnings,,straight out auto kick forget about vote kick barely anyone does...I`m paying over 160$ a year for this game and I`m not having any fun or enjoying myself when morons want to be carrried with 0 shame.

Easyandrew

tonight alone,,the same moron on different toons,,to which I ignored yet in every match he`s paired up with me..When called out he doesnt answer or reply,,beyond headaches,,beyond stupidity,,i`d like this company to find which influencer is telling people to do this for easy cq,,,you got the effeminate on youtoube already talking of cheaping out,then the fat russian`s website or the unibrow wonder also telling everyone how to lazy their behinds ,,this has got to stop,,1 full night with the same guy is bad enough,,the last few matches everyone just did the same,,,I nominate the next update you force the same kick as in unranked pvp,,no warnings,,straight out auto kick forget about vote kick barely anyone does...I`m paying over 160$ a year for this game and I`m not having any fun or enjoying myself when morons want to be carrried with 0 shame.

Easyandrew

you can kick them from the match if they stay dead. Need 4 votes, but if they are not respawning they will go Non contributing.

You can vote kick by hitting the M key, which brings up the screen when your respawning. Look for a yellow circle with a diagonal slash through it. If anyone has this they are non contributing. Left Mouse click on that symbol and it will put a red dot there for you. You have made a Vote to kick. If you can get 4 people to vote kick them, they get removed from the match.

Edited by Toraak

Ignore doesn’t keep people from being on your team in pvp, ground or GSF. It only keeps them from being matched with you for group finder for flashpoints and ops. I mean I would still do it, but it won’t stop them from being on your GSF team.

You can vote kick any time you are at the map screen, which can be while you are waiting to respawn or by hitting M during the match. I was recently reminded of that. Best to come to a complete stop with the X key before hitting M because your ship will continue to fly in the direction you were last pointing.

The trouble is, if someone does recommend in ops chat to vote kick someone, that runs the risk of alerting the AFKer to the process and then they will respawn or shoot at something, automatically canceling the vote.

It’s not an ideal system. I wish that people would just act maturely, but I’m not sure an AI can enforce behavior. It’s more a combination of human observation and intuition during the match and review of the scoreboard after the match. AI probably can’t reliably distinguish between a struggling new pilot and a griefer/self-destructor/AFKer/exploiter/etc.

If Bioware moved to a system where medals awarded = daily/weekly points then we wouldn't have this issue. People would be trying to earn medals instead of trying to end games as soon as possible or in unranked PvP just going AFK in a safe area during a match.

That system already exists with Galactic Season so hopefully it could be used to complete the daily/weekly PvP missions.

Edited by illgot

If Bioware moved to a system where medals awarded = daily/weekly points then we wouldn't have this issue. People would be trying to earn medals instead of trying to end games as soon as possible or in unranked PvP just going AFK in a safe area during a match.

That system already exists with Galactic Season so hopefully it could be used to complete the daily/weekly PvP missions.

I agree. In unranked PvP and in GSF the devs need to move away from the win/loss reward track and actually give the rewards to people playing and actively trying. In PvP, get 8 medals could be the daily with the equivalent to current one win and 32 medals for the weekly. In GSF could implement something similar but I'm not sure what the number of medals would be because it is harder to get medals in GSF compared to PvP.

The problem with that system is that you’d end up with more people just sitting on defense sats in Domination matches soaking up defense medals. Maybe they’ll shoot at some folks to make up the difference in medals, but I guarantee you’ll see a drop in participation. People would probably just leave death matches or keep suiciding to get it over with so they can go back to Domination matches.

• 2 weeks later...
The problem with that system is that you’d end up with more people just sitting on defense sats in Domination matches soaking up defense medals. Maybe they’ll shoot at some folks to make up the difference in medals, but I guarantee you’ll see a drop in participation. People would probably just leave death matches or keep suiciding to get it over with so they can go back to Domination matches.

rather have someone being bait delaying the taking of a satellite for 2-3 seconds than someone who never spawns or suicides 26 times in one game.

10 years of GSF and 10 years of ppl intentionally self-destructing in GSF matches.

Before they just trolled other team-mates being unable to shoot smth themselves and offended by the whole world.

Now it's conquest points farmers who just go afk with 0 dmg or keeping self-destructing themselves because they are too bad to play fair.

I always report such ppl but have no idea if BW really reacts on those tickets.

IMHO GSF should be banned for them for a week at first ticket or even forever if they keep doing it again.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/14/2022 at 2:05 PM, Ruzzlan said:

10 years of GSF and 10 years of ppl intentionally self-destructing in GSF matches.

Before they just trolled other team-mates being unable to shoot smth themselves and offended by the whole world.

Now it's conquest points farmers who just go afk with 0 dmg or keeping self-destructing themselves because they are too bad to play fair.

I always report such ppl but have no idea if BW really reacts on those tickets.

IMHO GSF should be banned for them for a week at first ticket or even forever if they keep doing it again.

I tend to tell people that are in just for the Mission Rewards - let it be Conquest or Fragments - to just chill at the spawn and don't self-destruct in Death Match. I won't kick people with a K/D-ratio of 0.  The people having a 0-9 K/D are the ones I'm upset about. If you aren't contributing in Death Match, you're not doing any harm. No reason to kick you out.

• 2 weeks later...

Even after years of playing GSF I still self destruct especially using abilities to avoid missiles. I remember my first times just trying not to fly into rocks. It is hard to program the AI to judge willful self destruct compared to incompetence.  Before you go into a war zone you get 10 character levels of playing PVE. I suggest rather than have just a GSF tutorial you have a few simple space missions on the GSF like maps before you gain legacy access to GSF. Flying to a target and capturing it. Flying a damage craft to a repair drone. Work them into the stories. We all known the Alliance commander could use a few flying lessons too.

13 minutes ago, kjarnage said:

I suggest rather than have just a [PVE] GSF tutorial you have a few simple space missions on the GSF like maps before you gain legacy access to GSF.  Flying to a target and capturing it.  Flying a damage craft to a repair drone.  Work them into the stories.

Totally agree ^ yep i've been  trying/begging to get BioWare to please add SOME  PVE  quests & content for GSF  for many many many years.

For whatever reason, they have (so far) ignored me and, more importantly, mostly ignored GSF. :(