Problem with Darth Vader

migzmando

I think the point is that nobody is beyond redemption and that nobody is truly "evil", in that respect Sidious is more of a metaphorical concept that an actual person, he represents evil as a concept and as something that can be exorcised. He represents all the negativity inside Vader, but also represents that that negativity isn't intrinsic to him.

In that respect I think Yoda and Kenobi in their hardline approach to Vader as somebody beyond saving, as something that needs to be destroyed, is supposed to be seen as wrong, and represents how we all to often perceive seemingly "monstrous" people as beyond saving, and that the only way to deal with them is by destroying them.

Edited by Beniboybling

So an interesting note. New canon, Vader is far more powerful than he was as Anakin.

Or well, that's what I am remember reading. It's interesting enough, before they were marginally the same power wise with Anakin have a slight lead, but now this has it Vader > Anakin completely.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

So an interesting note. New canon, Vader is far more powerful than he was as Anakin.

Or well, that's what I am remember reading. It's interesting enough, before they were marginally the same power wise with Anakin have a slight lead, but now this has it Vader > Anakin completely.

As it should be I feel, but where did you read this?

This was true even before. Lucas had even stated that Vader by ROTJ is more powerful than Anakin was. However, his potential was so much greater than even that.