The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

And killed them. We actually freakin' killed them! Jos. And Valk. I killed Jos and Valk with a lvl38 and a lvl40 and a comp healer.

We also managed to drop Shae on the first try too. I know she's pretty much cake after the horror-couple from the bowels of Corellian hell, but her AoE and her game of "half the floor is lava" can catch you out if you don't expect it.

But these guys made it. *sheds a small tear* I am so proud of them!

Wow ! That' really "most impressive" ! Congratulations to you and your team ! :sy_title:

Besides, you should perhaps mark that day in your calendar and become friends with them. ;)

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

And killed them. We actually freakin' killed them! Jos. And Valk. I killed Jos and Valk with a lvl38 and a lvl40 and a comp healer.

What affection level was your companion?

Good for you by the way.

I don't know if i would have the same confidence with 2 unexperienced players and a companion.

Well, Blood Hunt is special. But apart from that, I've seen and been dragging Newbies through several FPs. It is possible, yes.

( I'll surely never forget that HM Explosive Conflict with the raid leader insisting that there wasn't so much difference to SM ... with something around 20 wipes. Seriously. The half of us were complete Newbies to that. )

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

What affection level was your companion?

He was level 50, which definitely helped. And it wasn't really confidence, it was more like; "if we wipe, we wipe, but at least I'd have helped you see the fights and have some idea of what to do next time". Hence my complete astonishment when we dropped them on the second try.

Maybe this just proves that Blood Hunt isn't a DPS/HPS/Tank check, it's a Spacial Awareness check.

Edited by tuulem

This JS dude who had tank role assigned, but he insisted he can't tank because he's a sage. I'm sure it was an unpleasant surprise when he later found out what he really is. :rolleyes:

In Assault on Tython a team mate stood near droids at the bridge barricade. I though he was about to stealth it, but instead he attacked. Everyone got wiped except me (stealthed out on time). I pointed out we're all stealth so there was no need to fight (except the bosses) or get wiped unless they wanted bonus. Everyone got instantly triggered and left the group.

Edited by Johrun

I was in a HM Cademimu the other day with a healer Sorc, a Jugg tank, and a Marauder. I was on an arsenal Merc and throughout the entire flashpoint I had to keep interrupting my DPS rotation to spam off heals on the undergeared Marauder (who really wasn't the main issue) because the Sorc healer with the gold 236 healer set bonus gear on, was spending most of the time in the FP DPSing instead of topping up a group member that had dropped to 30% or 25% health. The healer wasn't trying to spite the Marauder either for being undergeared because I had to do the same a couple times with the well geared tank, and they were all in the same guild, That they were all in the same guild is also why I didn't say anything. I figured I'd get vote kicked.

We cleared it without issue but only because Cademimu isn't that hard compared to some other MM FPs. Had we been in anything more challenging we probably would have wiped. I don't know if that was why the Sorc was DPSing instead of healing, but I found it slightly annoying, since I queued as DPS not heals and when not interrupting my rotation for off heals, was doing more damage than the other three.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Hammer Station, veteran mode: 2 operatives (healer + dps=me), two mercs (healer + dps). Merc healer was level 70, everyone else between lvl 50-65.

We get to first boss. First merc dies really fast. I res him, and start keeping an eye on who's being lasered, then cleanse them, run from kolto to kolto since there seems to be no healing at all. Another guy dies, but the rest of us kill the boss.

Afterwards I tell ask them do they know they can cleanse themselves when they gett hit by laser? Level 70 merc says "merc is not the best tank"...... Are you kidding me? Level 70 merc with god bubble and cleanse? In veteran HS? Of all the four players in the group I can't think of a better tank than a level 70 merc healer. :confused:

I've also ran into some other "healers" in Hammer Station master mode earlier. One didn't cleanse tank, tank died, but healer didn't res him. When we wiped, I asked did he know how to cleanse and combat res. No answer, he just quit the group. Second healer we got, no cleanse, tank dies, healer leaves when asked does he know how to cleanse... :( Why roll a healer if not willing to learn?

Excuse me, but where do I need to cleanse in Hammer Station ? Do you mean the grenades thrown by the last boss ?

I'm used to play DPS, so I don't know much about cleansing at Hammer Station.

beam thing from first boss. cleanse it at 5 stacks

Edited by rantboi

Finally jumped on Harbie to start doing Fps for Conquest today. Main mando medic. Been healing for 2 years. Love it. 248 gear rating.

MM GF finally pops to Malgus. All 70s. One dps range shooter, tank is Jugg. Can't remember other dps. Maybe melee. Tank immediately ask if everybody knows "BH Boss. I said: "Interrupt Flame Sweep like your RL depends on it" (I also know the one about only the tank engaging til ship is destroyed). One dps says no they don't know it, but we move on to the first trash pull. I "bolt" mark the big droid in back left and type: stunning bolt. Tank engages, droid is stunned and stun is broken (nothing new there). We clear trash and I hit power boots and cross over the chasm to the 2 big droids waiting below. Someone presses the blue thing on the computer on the upper level that nobody really does anymore and isn't part of the bonus but whatever. Droids are cleared, next set of trash cleared and tank presses the blue thing there. I indicated they're not required for the bonus, in case he didn't know, but it seemed from his beginning question about the BH boss that he's done this b4.

So we go around next trash group and jump down, and clear. The big droid goes over the side and we get ready for the bridge boss. Shield, shield, shield, shield, kolto shot (whatever) the tank and it begins. Jugg tank leaps in and is thrown back. One add dead, and one DPS goes over railing to death. Tank engages in the red circle and loses some health but backs off bridge. With one dps down, I'm hitting the other 2 to finish them off. I think one dps was new. Probably the one that went over. Tank is getting farther away so I start backing up and healing. I notice he is backed up to that computer and the boss activates the red circle of death: tank melts. I mean really MELTS. :( Like a naked, armor-less healer solo tanking an OPS boss. I CR. With the boss at half health and Echoing Det (God I love this skill) the last dps and I down the boss. The tank never uses the CR. Why? Wouldn't a real tank want to jump back into that fight?

By this point, the dead dps has gone back to start and has found one of the wandering big droids we didn't kill. We're in combat. She dies. The other dps runs back and dies. As I start running back the big droid is coming toward me, but has about 10% health. Done. Everybody is back and we proceed across the bridge. I tell the tank he got CR'd. And then this:

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO FRACKING (he didn't use fracking) HEAL?

So i type: "Wait... you were standing in the red circle and you're blaming me for your death? I seemed to tank him just fine." :p Rubbed some salt in there! :p

I wonder if he was ftp because there was a long pause before his next rant which he pretty much typed the same thing again. Anyways, I yell back a few nasty comments and proceed against the wall around that small group after the bridge. I go up the ramp and one of the dps aggros the group. :confused: The tank jumps in and b4 I can get back he MELTS and is dead again.

Let's pause for a moment. I don't care for tanking. I love healing and some dps. I respect tanks and think their job is the hardest in the group. You tanks out there... how do I say this... would you have melted jumping into a group of 4 mobs before your healer got to you? So I typed: "Where are your dcds?" Long pause.

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO FREAKING HEAL? and some other crap.

Now I'm peeved. :mad: He goes back to start and I tank and kill the big droid at the top of the stairs and check the tank's rating. Why I check now I have no idea. I try to trust players. Too much apparently. He's 224, no augs. I tell him such and we start arguing some more. He tells me he should be able to tank naked with a good healer or something. We clear the next set of trash with no problem and proceed to Jindo Krey. I know we'll wipe. And we do. No healing can stop that 300% and nobody was interrupting Flame Sweep. Obviously including Mr. Tank Extraordinaire. I left at that point and the other dps players followed. Another tard on the ignore list.

Why be nasty right off after one death? Does that really work for people? When I dps I work my tush off so the healer doesn't have to heal me or very little. The few times I've tanked I consider healers a bonus perk but never a necessity.

It's players like this that give tanks a bad name. But I've been with too many great tanks and know better. They'd be appalled at his reliance on the healer. I guess I'm trying to justify my role but I don't know why. Human nature. I've healed that FP several times on MM with ZERO problems.

My 2 credits.

TLDR: That's the whole point of this thread. Sheesh! :D

Edited by Zerileth

snip

I think a big culprit in all of this is that in Veteran fps, you literally CAN heal through dps and tanks ignoring mechanics and standing in circles. Then they get to MM where the mechanics matter more and they get angry you didn't heal them through it like on Veteran. They've been bailed out their entire Flashpoint career by kolto stations and good healers.

*Any player who was around before Vet would be very unlikely to throw hissy fit little tantrums by this point

Same thing in Ops. People do the SM only and can ignore most mechanics and the healers are constantly bailing them out, and then they get into HM and things...take a turn...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think a big culprit in all of this is that in Veteran fps, you literally CAN heal through dps and tanks ignoring mechanics and standing in circles. Then they get to MM where the mechanics matter more and they get angry you didn't heal them through it like on Veteran. They've been bailed out their entire Flashpoint career by kolto stations and good healers.

*Any player who was around before Vet would be very unlikely to throw hissy fit little tantrums by this point

Same thing in Ops. People do the SM only and can ignore most mechanics and the healers are constantly bailing them out, and then they get into HM and things...take a turn...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So much that.

There are a couple exceptions like the droid that spams the minefield in Vet mode Korriban Incursion (and even that you can heal through if the DPS stays within LoS), but generally speaking in Vet mode you can heal through nearly all the standing-in-stupid that some DPS and tanks are prone to. I think you're right in saying that it conditions some who aren't used to MM to expect healers to be able to do the same in the harder difficulty setting.

Did a veteran FP a couple of days ago. Got grouped with a lvl 50 sentinel, a lvl 35 sage and a lvl 16 slinger. I was playing a lvl 70 decent geared commando (Gunnary spec). Umbara popped and personally I don't mind one noob in a GF group. After all this is a team effort and new players should be given a chance to learn as well. However the slinger kept attacking every single mob in the area simultaneously. Before we got to the first boss, the sentinel decided to bail on us. His replacement was a lvl 43 Jedi knight. We wiped over and over again despite me trying to explain the tactics and tips and tricks for this FP. Abandoning them did cross my mind sometimes and I got more

Frustrated by the minute. After more then an hour we finally completed umbara.

Is it perhaps an idea to let low lvl players que for easier flashpoints? Several have a few challenging tactics and I'm willing to explain and be patient but if you play with more then one new player in a group it is challenging. If they would just focus on their rotation first it shouldn't have to be so difficult...

Exactly this - speedruns through FPs only with the intention to get stuff do this.

It's been *ages* since I did a non-speedrun, sadly. I really miss those times. 99 % of all people seem only to want to do speedruns these days.

They shouldn't let pre-70 characters anywhere near Umbara. Even SM was a marked step up from the other FPs, especially the add free for all at the end.

I'd go further and say that all veteran flashpoints accessed through Group Finder should have level restrictions based on the minimum level required for that FP at launch. Sure that level 18 can probably make it through Korriban Incurion or Assault on Tython, but only because a level 70 healer is continually topping him up as he melts, or the level 70 tank is guarding him, or because the level 70 DPS are putting out the damage that he sorely lacks. No matter how skilled a player at low levels their characters are a drain on the group and need to be carried.

Players that are lower levels than the content should be restricted to story mode and the God bot companion until they reach an appropriate level for Vet or Master, at least with Group Finder. Manually entering flashpoints is another story. If guild mates or grouped friends want to carry them that should still be viable.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Players that are lower levels than the content should be restricted to story mode and the God bot companion until they reach an appropriate level for Vet or Master, at least with Group Finder. Manually entering flashpoints is another story. If guild mates or grouped friends want to carry them that should still be viable.

That would be a great idea! Mechanics and rotations are key! How would you otherwise go for OPS or HM flashpoints?

Had a weird one in Cademimu tonight. DPS Commando (early 50s in level), tank-ish Vanguard (ditto), me on my level 70 Commando healer, and a guildmate on her level 70 DPS Guardian.

Vanguard claimed to be new, so I said I'd explain things as we went along. Gave the general warning to never let the Separatist Enforcers use their gas grenades.

Started ok, but the DPS Commando was extremely impatient - ran on ahead after the first lift while I was still stranded at the top and tried to fight one of the Social Adjustment Drones on her own. The rest of accidentally pulled another droid, and the group on the left while trying to get to her. Heart in mouth moment, but I was able to heal through it.

At the shortcut, DPS said "LoS these", which is wrong, because the wall does not block the gas grenades, just stops us interrupting before they get thrown. More healing like crazy and she rushes on ahead into the room just before the boss without waiting. Had to save her again.

First boss - quell surprise, she starts it before I can explain. My guildmate got carbonited but we were able to lure the droid into the booby trap, and save everyone (one unnecessary kolto station use though) :rolleyes:

Sliced the shortcut taxi. DPS Commando left everyone behind, ran almost all the way to the Wookiee before we could catch up because things kept attacking us. And then of course, she started the fight. Tank was running in circles trying to get clear of the flamethrower, but we won without loss.

DPS Commando orders us to run through. I mention that in my experience that can go wrong, but this time it didn't. So much rushing.

Then we got to the console.

She was yelling "Spacebar!", which I know I was anyway, and yet each time we fired the missiles, she aborted the conversation, resetting it twice with the threat to 'keep resetting until we learn to spacebar'. On the third attempt she won the social roll though so she didn't reset. The arrogance and hypocrisy of her... so we kicked her from the group.

People like that are just... ugh.

Tank quit straight after, so my guildmate and I called up our companions for the final boss... which required some serious micro-management, but c'est la vie.

Yeah, the spacebar "I've seen these scenes so you don't get to" attitude is rather grating isn't it?

I've just resigned myself to not seeing any story, however minimal, in FPs. I'm newish. 5.3 newish.

That's GF for you though.

Edited by orangenee

I'm just now glad I'm not the only one who ever initiated a vote kick for attitude issues just before last boss. :D That was the right thing to do though, if you ask me.

She may have learned how to use spacebar (and wanted to teach you a lesson), but you taught her a lesson about manners and team play. Who knows, maybe she'll be smarter next time.

Had a weird one in Cademimu tonight. DPS Commando (early 50s in level).[/Quote]

Seems to me like he was on an alt, knowing the flashpoint perfectly well, and doing it the same way I would when soloing it with a non-stealther (you can skip many patrolling mobs when you are quick enough, and the first two bosses are the easiest in veteran when you just burn them down and ignore all mechanics) From his point of view, you slowed him down, using unnecessarily elaborate tactics and fighting mobs that could have been avoided.

Of course he was not alone but in a group, and some communication and teamwork may have worked wonders.

Edited by Mubrak