sooo much credit sinks??

Feztonio

skilled players all have millions of credits. Why? Cuz we're skilled. Don't blame bioware for your inability to get creds. Take's me a day max to get a million credits, and that's BARELY trying.

Grinding dailies, ilum chest with a low lvl and easy to kill champion on illum, is not skill.

Sorry about your ego.

I already have a job IRL, I don't need a job ingame. I don't do dailies, except when I'm really bored.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skilled players all have millions of credits. Why? Cuz we're skilled. Don't blame bioware for your inability to get creds. Take's me a day max to get a million credits, and that's BARELY trying.

Talk about exaggerations!!!!

So you make a million credits in a day while barely trying, you say? Who you trying to impress? As for being a "skilled" player, that's very much in doubt too.

The majority of the few players who have millions upon of millions of credits were here when the game went live and many of them had slicing when it was giving out huge sums. You also have to take into account that these few players spent all day long playing unlike those who work and have rl responsibilies. No player who comes in a few hrs a day can have millions upon millions of credits.

And then while barely trying, like this person above? Who he trying to kid?

Edited by RikHar

I know this thread is a few days old and there have probably been five other threads on this same topic since then, but this is what came up when I googled "swtor credit sinks".

Anyway, my two cents, I don't mind credit sinks in theory, but some of them do get under my skin. For example:

Last night I finally decided to purchase a piece of battle master gear for my main character. I went to take the armoring mod out and learned it was going to cost ~35k. I stopped there. Didn't even check the costs for removing the other mods.

Why? I already worked hard to earn the piece from which I want to remove the mod as well as the piece into which I want to slot the mod. Simply acquiring these two pieces of gear was a big time investment for me, so why hit me with another time investment just to, basically, do a skin swap? Getting the funds to move all three mods, plus maybe salvage the one purple mod I currently have in the piece I was wearing, is going to take me at least an hour of running dailies.

I don't know...I realize people on this forum would call me a whiner about this, and tell me that vanity has a cost, but I really don't feel that I'm asking something for nothing here.

You can replace the mods without paying to remove them. Just place your new one on top of it.. gets destroyed for free.

LOL, Skills at video games.

Edited by kirorx

So you make a million credits in a day while barely trying, you say? Who you trying to impress? As for being a "skilled" player, that's very much in doubt too.

The majority of the few players who have millions upon of millions of credits were here when the game went live and many of them had slicing when it was giving out huge sums. You also have to take into account that these few players spent all day long playing unlike those who work and have rl responsibilies. No player who comes in a few hrs a day can have millions upon millions of credits.

Yes..Yes, they can. I play maybe 4 hours a day and I have 6.5mil. You can do about 2 hours of dailies and make around 500k now.

About the legacy unlocks.

Pay once, get them unlocked on all characters. That's how it works, so what is unfair about this?

If you have 8 alts and not much credits, then there is something seriously wrong with the way you are earning your credits.

Lol. post of the day, right here. Thank you sir, I needed a laugh.

Yeah, i agree with OP, although i didn't quite struggle like you did, they have indeed gone too far, and part of the reason i stopped playing

I am NOT spending the bulk of my playing time grinding for money, so i can spend whats left of my playing time, actually playing.

In any MMO there is a need to have a "cash sink" (replace cash with any MMO currency) I do like how BW have a lot of options where you can spend your credits. Granted some of the stuff price is really high, but that is part of the game.

It is good to have a sink. If you want a certain look, it is going to take some time to unlock them. I usually make just enough credits to get by, but now I am more motivated to do dailies to unlock more :)

We all know that the "Kiss of Death" uh, I mean EA is known for Nickle and Diming its customers to death:

EA = Nickle and Dime and Nickle and Dime

Forbe’s Paul Tassi writes, “I’ve been covering hate of EA for quite a while now, and understand why their brand is so despised among gamers. They have [a] habit of buying beloved gaming companies and either summarily executing them, or corrupting them to the point where they’re almost unrecognizable. Most recently, fans mourned the apparent loss of Bioware. The genius [developer] was behind Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect, but the way newer titles like The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3 have been handled since EA took over has caused fans to lose faith. EA is at the forefront of some of the most annoying practices in the industry to date, such as restrictive DRM, seemingly abusive DLC and appearing to trade creativity for cash.”

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67942420.html

I agree... the credit sinks are getting to be a bit much.

Indeed...someone complained to me once about my gear (it's not that bad, but anything under the new and best things make people rage it seems)...I'm not sure where Bioware thinks EVERYONE somehow has hundreds of millions of credits...if it's that bad, then give a reward system for donating to poorer players :rolleyes:

While only slightly on topic, I think that dailies are a lazy approach to game design.

Forcing people to do something not enjoyable to them for an hour a day so they can do something enjoyable for an hour in order to prolong the "hours played before the game is out of content" is pretty lame to me.

The good news is that none of that stuff is required to still have a good time playing. Which is good for me because I only have a very very short tolerance for repetitive tasks. If a task or game requires no thought I will soon tire of it. If at some point they (BW) somehow forces me to run their stupid dailies more than once to be able to still enjoy the game it will only be a short time (however much is left on that billing cycle) before I find a new game to play.

Here's one for you all.

Buy the legacy repair droid, (yes spend a million I know)

Charge people 200k to group up with you and buy the parts for the ck what's his face droid on your ship (100k a pop for whatever crafting buffs they want)

Charge 5 people you will get your money back you spent on the legacy item, the person buying the bits (if they buy all of them) will save 800k credits ( well they save 800k regardless of how many they buy, as they haven't got to buy the droid)

Yes it works, made a killing from it, yes I have cancelled my sub, so don't care if bio-fail lose out on this money sink!

Enjoy peeps.

Edited by Pvpingwithnoobs

Here's one for you all.

Buy the legacy repair droid, (yes spend a million I know)

Charge people 200k to group up with you and buy the part for the ck what's his face droid on your ship.

Charge 5 people you will get your money back you spent on the legacy item, the person buying the bits (if they buy all of them) will save 800k credits ( well they save 800k regardless of ow many they buy, as they haven't got to buy the droid)

Yes it works, made a killing from it, yes I have cancelled my sub, so don't care if bio-fail lose out on this money sink!

Enjoy peeps.

I rarely see authentic frontier gibberish anymore.

Yeah I decided to never do the daily quest grind again after I left wow. So here it is again in this game in all it's fabulous misery. To play or not to play is my next thoughts about this game.

I can be poor in the game or hope we get a welfare terminal added. But I will in no way shape or form daily quest grind again. I log on to play the game when I get home from real life work to try to have fun, not go back to in game job to earn an in game living.

Edited by Baratta

I have millions upon millions of credits and I don't try that hard. I have not done one single daily quest. I did do some space missions, as I enjoy them. Using the GTN and crafting to your advantage is all it takes. I share my pro tips with my guildies, but not with the forums, as I don't want to increase my competition. PS I work full time and have a wife and kid. I maybe spend half hour total doing crafting checking GTN in a session.

I do have a level 29 with slicing to feed missions and such to my main, but he was not created until long after the nerf to slicers (long after).

You may not like the attitude of the fellow who said skills = money blah blah, but unfortunately he's not wrong even though he may have a bad attitude or worded himself poorly.

Dude.. that's like asking how intelligence in real life correlates with annual income... "LMFAO"

Yeah... So, not much. I'm guessing you've never taken a psychology or economics class. A lot of the classic view of intelligence has nothing to do with annual income, and even when they are correlated, it's only very weakly. Don't be derisive of people. He shouldn't have been either, and, in fact, many of the people on this thread seem to be condescending, but it's unnecessary and cruel. Don't smack people down for there ideas (especially with incorrect analogies, that's just wrong).

skill of in game economics maybe? lmao. Knowing how to use your crew skills efficiently, using the AH, etc to maximize profits and get millions of credits? Knowing that stuff is SKILL.

That's not skill that's research and knowledge....