EQN dead, Wildstar dying...swtor?

Zhedzaban

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If devs will not stop to treat subscribers how they started to treat after KOTFE this game will die (and ofc be closed) in this year.

Consistent bugs, no replies for tickets, bots, desregard of top-tier content (ESPECIALLY ranked pvp) - in result online on my server is now twice lower than it was month ago.

And don't give me another warning for this - everything I wrote is complete truth.

Edited by DerSchneider

No, it was pretty much vaporware, as is Star Citizen.

Are you repeating something you've read on the internet?

Or did you actually play it before coming to this conclusion?

Edited by Khevar

Yeah... in general, the PvP segment of the MMO population now days are among the most needy and demanding. They no longer seem to be able to self-organize and go out and do PvP for PvP sake. Most are only in it for the rewards these days. And yes PvPers, this is a broad generalization and I am sure there are still some mature and well adjusted PvPers playing MMOs... but they seem to do so quietly and without the need to spam jello all over the forum floors at every perceived sleight by a studio. The vocal discontented give this facet of the genre a bad name IMO, which is too bad because I have known some really great PvP players and guilds in MMOs over the years.

I miss the old days when PvP was about realm and guild pride and putting it over on the other realms (a la DAoC). That was PvP worth doing.. and there were no rewards other then realm and guild pride of accomplishment.

Very, very well said.

Things just ain't what they used to be. MMO's circa early 2000's were more about roleplaying and just being immersed into the world. It was a pleasure to walk around everywhere on foot, to take in the scenery. There was a sense of magic that is totally gone for the most part nowadays. The fun in gaming back then was just playing the game. Now people gripe if they have to click more then 4 buttons, or sit through a cut scene.

It's all changed now. Gaming mentality is more like "gotta login and get muh dailies/weeklys done and get dat' loot yo" the world itself and the players in it are just a giant inconvenience. TO be fair though, I play this game because its a wonderful solo game! I don't really group or hassle with doing OP/FP because I've turned into one of those old grumps that can't be bothered to sit through that type of content. The most I'll put up with as far as group content is WZ and even that gets on my nerves cause of Sorcs. -_-

Edited by DenariusJay

If anyone thinks this game is going to die soon, I'd like to remind you we still have 2 more Star Wars movies to get through as well as the origin movies. I'm sure the hype from those movies will be enough to keep this game afloat until Episode 9 and beyond (provided the movies are good anyways).

And SWG died because of that retarded a ss NGE (New Game Experience) update, which got released 6 months after they released a previous big update known as CU (Combat Update). They tried to make the game WoW (World of Warcraft), but why play SWG's WoW when I can actually play WoW, which had the superior gameplay.

Seriously, if you didn't use their new UI because it sucked (straight up FPS controls), you could use the classic UI (what you have in SWTOR now) but your character would never be able to crit anything. Trooper land mines can one-shot people, but it's unrealistic for a LS to one-shot someone. SWG devs f ucked themselves and have no one else to blame for their stupidity, underhandedness, and callous remarks to the player base.

And because of how they screwed SWG, I haven't owned a single Sony product since I quit in 2006. I'm still mad about everything that went down. So yea Sony, suck a big one. Sorry, I'll get off the soap box now. :p

On topic: I'm sad at the news, cause I think there were some really interesting ideas behind EQN. Maybe they were a daydream though and the developer ended up trying too much and it all collapsed. I don't know. However EQN was one of the few titles in development I was interested in.

Things just ain't what they used to be. MMO's circa early 2000's were more about roleplaying and just being immersed into the world. It was a pleasure to walk around everywhere on foot, to take in the scenery. There was a sense of magic that is totally gone for the most part nowadays. The fun in gaming back then was just playing the game. Now people gripe if they have to click more then 4 buttons, or sit through a cut scene.

YES! That immersion is gone from todays MMOs. SWTOR does a good job on many a front, but at its core the tasks are all very repetitive, and the world is very static. This breaks the immersion for me no matter how good it looks. There is zero emergent gameplay. Everything is pre-processed for your leisure in advance. You check a guide from dulfy how you are supposed to do something. No brain activity required.

Lately I find Im only logging in for crafting missions and to craft and sell 216 armoring that I managed to get a schematic for on GTM. Ironically, my sub is soon running out and I won't be able to do this anymore due to severe wallet restriction. Then I won't have any reason at all to log in..

It's all changed now. Gaming mentality is more like "gotta login and get muh dailies/weeklys done and get dat' loot yo" the world itself and the players in it are just a giant inconvenience. TO be fair though, I play this game because its a wonderful solo game! I don't really group or hassle with doing OP/FP because I've turned into one of those old grumps that can't be bothered to sit through that type of content. The most I'll put up with as far as group content is WZ and even that gets on my nerves cause of Sorcs. -_-

I have a question: is "do dailies"-mindset result of players wanting it, or are the developers pushing it to us? I don't want to believe its the former. If it is, then theres is like no hope for mankind. :(

Very few developers seem to be even entertaining ideas about something different than grinding dailies stuff. EQN was one of those few imo, and look what happened..

Edited by Karkais

If anyone thinks this game is going to die soon, I'd like to remind you we still have 2 more Star Wars movies to get through as well as the origin movies. I'm sure the hype from those movies will be enough to keep this game afloat until Episode 9 and beyond (provided the movies are good anyways).

And SWG died because of that retarded a ss NGE (New Game Experience) update, which got released 6 months after they released a previous big update known as CU (Combat Update). They tried to make the game WoW (World of Warcraft), but why play SWG's WoW when I can actually play WoW, which had the superior gameplay.

Seriously, if you didn't use their new UI because it sucked (straight up FPS controls), you could use the classic UI (what you have in SWTOR now) but your character would never be able to crit anything. Trooper land mines can one-shot people, but it's unrealistic for a LS to one-shot someone. SWG devs f ucked themselves and have no one else to blame for their stupidity, underhandedness, and callous remarks to the player base.

And because of how they screwed SWG, I haven't owned a single Sony product since I quit in 2006. I'm still mad about everything that went down. So yea Sony, suck a big one. Sorry, I'll get off the soap box now. :p

I still play SWG on SWGEMU. Its set up before NGE. I still enjoy some of the things in that game though even maxed the graphics are dated.

I think gaming in general is pretty much dare I say a Fad, if I spelled that right. Been playing MMO's since Tag your "it" was a good one to play... Sadly it's not the industry that's stale. It's us Gen-X who are pushing 40ish? Who are the ones burnt out on gaming. Younger generations have Iwatch at birth, we had candy watches... Two completely different perspectives as to what's fun these days.. :(

As a former SWG player and one who frequented Restuss, ( light Jedi General woo woo)

Sure you could have big fights, but most of my memories was standing around waiting for the "tick" so i could get my GCW points,

There were big fights, but not all the time, most of it was chasing small groups of a spy around Restuss when we controlled it.!

Most of the fights consisted of fighting by the walls of the old med center? to use the LOS/walls to your advantage.

You would place one bait player by the Hand, then they would pull back to med.

I used to stand on the NPCs, hide my red dot on a NPC red dot, so they would run in, Id wait till they were engaged and boom got them.

As a beta tester for Wildstar, I had high hopes for it's success. I thought it was creative, cute, funny and different, however, I just did the winter beta so I was not able to see the actual endgame content. I was there for launch and played for about 2 months. I experienced these things which are mixed reviews after I had a char to max level for a while:

Loved the quest difficulty and the ease of being led through the steps. Also loved the creativity of the quests, many of which had a real sense of humor to add to the enjoyment.

Hated the combat style with the conal strike area.

Thought the dungeons were too crazy difficult , especially the early ones. I expect adds but don't want to be swarmed with them in small, tight areas constantly.

Hated the attunement process to unlock end game dungeons. There was a bug in a middle part of the attunement and the devs did not help rectify it for me so I bailed after 2 months. I sent 8 tickets and received no response so I figured later days buds hehe.

Housing was surperb! I have not see housing done so well in any other MMO. It kept me occupied for so many hours with total manipulation of your environment plus so many decos, crafting modes and games to add to the property making it totally unique to each player's fancy.

Unfortunatley, the game was imo, hell-bent toward the elite player for end game Ops. There are just too few of them these days compared to the more mid-line base that seeks out games to enjoy.

As for SWToR, I have enjoyed the run here but I am fast-bored now and seeking other games to enjoy. Still subbed but don't know for how much longer. Plus the customer service here is just bad now, such a shame. After this experience as of late, I'd be really hard-pressed to play another Bioware or EA game...ever!

Edited by Darkwords

No, it was pretty much vaporware, as is Star Citizen.

And for the OP, 2 crappy games going belly up is not an industry trend, or whatever.

Star Citizen looks to be the opposite of vaporware, actually. How did you arrive at that opinion, or are you making it up?

SWTOR is not dying because people spend money on those stupid cartel packs which fills EA pockets.

I'm not against in game shops but buying packs for the 'chance' to obtain a cosmetic look is just abusing your player base.

Allow people to purchase what they want is fine, no problem.

Buying packs in hope you get that mount or chest piece or weapon is a joke.

It's taking advantage and Bioware know it.

The game itself has never been worse. It's shocking on all levels.

If your new you'l be happy, if you've been around for a long time its sad to look at.

Fighting elite npc that's 2 or 3 levels higher than you and he barely makes a dent on your health is not fun.

Created a new alt the other day due to boredom at endgame (less said about endgame the better) and got to level 44 went up against a level 49 npc. I couldn't damage the NPC and he couldn't get my health under 90%, this was just sad.

Going into tactical flashpoints with all dps and most are new players so they don't look at chat or have any clue about rotations or defensive cooldowns (companions babysitting to blame for this) so you die repeatedly over and over then people get mad.

Hard mode flashpoints are worse for the same reasons as tactical.

Could go on..

SWTOR will survive and go on for a few years yet but that doesn't mean its a good MMORPG.

EA have discovered a way to milk players through the cash shop and as long as players allow this to continue then this sad state of affairs will continue and end up in other titles.

Cartel Market saved the game time ago, now they're messing up with their most important money generator and people obviously starts boicotting it, so if devs really appreciate the game they should start stopping all this chance cube stupidity and start selling directly all the items in the CM, Unstable Lightsaber alone would be a huge money income for a lot of time for example. Edited by MiguelGx

Yeah... in general, the PvP segment of the MMO population now days are among the most needy and demanding. They no longer seem to be able to self-organize and go out and do PvP for PvP sake. Most are only in it for the rewards these days.

Lol. If they would have put server to server que system in this game , 90% of the PVP problems would be gone. You will always have a desire for new arena's and class balance, but that is the nature of the beast. But wanted server to server ques, now that is just ridicules and should have been in the build to start with. End of story.

Now the game is in a total mess. The server populations are in free fall AND we just had the release of a brand new epic Star Wars movie. And since the Star Wars movie this game has slid down hill even worse, not better.

People need to wake up a little here and see the trees in the forest.

The way the game is heading, I don't see us getting a second Chapter for Kofte.

I really hope we do see a change, and the game appeals to a larger number of players. As it stands the servers are almost always light which in part is the lack of end game content and then that each new chapter is so short. Giving people very little to do.

I really hope we do see a change, and the game appeals to a larger number of players. As it stands the servers are almost always light which in part is the lack of end game content and then that each new chapter is so short. Giving people very little to do.

Its even worse than that. The game mechanics are lacking. No server to server ques means no end in sight for the subs bleeding off.

cros-server ques wont help anything as long as people are not willing to play Tank or Healer, you'll still get the majority of DPS complaining they can't get pops even though the pool is bigger... be nice to your healers and tanks and you'll get more pops and less " add to Ignore List"... encourage new players to play other roles besides DPS, it's an epidemic in all MMORPS that when someone new joins and starts asking questions they more often than not get steered toward DPS... it's mostly a player issue and one X-server can't fix unless the player "DPS is everything" mentality were to change first...

cros-server ques wont help anything as long as people are not willing to play Tank or Healer, you'll still get the majority of DPS complaining they can't get pops even though the pool is bigger... be nice to your healers and tanks and you'll get more pops and less " add to Ignore List"... encourage new players to play other roles besides DPS, it's an epidemic in all MMORPS that when someone new joins and starts asking questions they more often than not get steered toward DPS... it's mostly a player issue and one X-server can't fix unless the player "DPS is everything" mentality were to change first...

Im not even talking about PVE. Its the PVP players and the PVP servers that have been wrecked because of this lack of cross server ques. And PVP is a major part of the health of this game. PVP players leave, the game suffers and suffers hard.

Im not even talking about PVE. Its the PVP players and the PVP servers that have been wrecked because of this lack of cross server ques. And PVP is a major part of the health of this game. PVP players leave, the game suffers and suffers hard.

ROFL PvP is major part of the health of the game.

Sooner or later, every game shuts down, but people have been singing this "I don't see this game lasting another [X amount of time]" song for a looong time now, and it's still here.

I will say this about running a healer. In 90%+ of the single player content, you are rubbing an inefficient DPS. And the other 10% of the time, you're not doing healing in anything close to what you'd be doing in group content. I started as a healer on two characters, and on my trooper I eventually respecced to DPS because it just wasn't fun in single player.

Star Citizen looks to be the opposite of vaporware, actually.

You're free to indulge your fantasies however you wish. Star Citizen is press releases and hype.

Pretty sure you have a gigantic smudge on your rose-tinted glasses.

You lament the loss of the "good old days" then say you like the solo-friendly aspect of TOR. In any event, TOR is not like EQ1 because most people like to play a game to relax, not to be "challenged" (or whatever word you want to use to describe games like EQ1 used to be). There are still games filling that small niche, so people who miss it can go play one of those games.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Doom, doom, doom, doom!

Never understood why PvP players seem to need so much handed to them to actually PvP. Go to a shared world and drum up some open world PvP events. Go use the few free for all areas like Outlaws Den on Tatooine or Ilum's Westen plain.

Me either the sky is falling pvp pvp pvp let me telll you i have been pvping since launch i have fun doing it right now every mmo out there ppv sucks compared to swtor not saying it perfect here. Alls i saying is i not going to QQ about it and adapt to any change in pvp move on. MMO players are the biggest QQers it has hurt the market so bad dev are having a tough time with it.

Players these days Even his blessed SWG only had restuss at the end of life then they added instance based pvp. Even on big server in that game people had to plan for weeks to make Big pvp events. Yes there was a battles every day sure some of them are fun.

But most of the time one person would flag then for 15 to 20 min it was a zerg the other faction from the med center. The only battles that lasted that long were base busting. And that was arranged who would win most player in that game would look like they were standing still in laggy 150 to 150 fights only people with fast hardware would be able to move around. Sound like fun?

What SWG was good at was space fighting mining crafting and socializing....