7.0 equals slower Gameplay/Mobility?

TheVoyant

This seems to be the least addressed directly aspect of 7.0 thus far. Comparing live to PTS the game feels clunkier and slower paced. Less action like and more towards MMOs of old.

This should definitely be an area addressed. Mobility has already been an issue... Anyone who goes against a good OP in huttball knows exactly what I mean.

Ability pruning you guys seem hellbent on so won't try to talk you out of what a large majority has already tried to.

But if you're gonna take away the fun on one aspect, reducing mobility as well is just gonna hit people twice as hard.

And just like the backlash from the UI augment change (which is still annoying til this day even in its 'fixed' version) I can almost promise there will be severe grief.

The biggest reason I keep coming back to this game is it has an action feel to it. The slower/clunkier you make classes by reducing mobility the further it gets away from one of the strengths.

So if you're nerfing everyone, DCDs, fine. Not a good move but not like theres another SW MMO out there to go to. But if you're trying to still let people have fun and have fast paced gameplay...

The mobility options need severely gone thru again as PTS currently stands. And this is for just about every class.

Agreed completely but they seem hellbent on chasing the braindead market. Let them reduce the complexity so the poor players do not get confused. I think we ought to get rid of damage and health stats at this point and just scale everything automatically for peak performance throughout all levels. Just a thought.

Right. Just recreate Smash Bros at this point with SW skins.

You right though they seem 100% hellbent on downgrading the game so they can improve it later?

Worse is fanbase is trying tooth and nail to soften their mistakes by giving them dozens of other options. Instead its "nope every one will be weaker, slower... Now enjoy being level 80!"

I respect they've increased communications and at least are explaining their logic. It would just be nice if they could in turn take the constructive criticism and utilize it to the benefit of all.

They have the biggest resource a developer could ask for. A passionate fan base who wants to help, who wants the game to succeed, and when your base is telling you at almost every turn "please reconsider" (every youtube video, majority of threads, etc) it further creates a sense of anxiety or worry due to the historical nature of failed improvements thus far.

The trust between the base and the devs has been thin to non-existent for some time. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to take away from the games strengths because a minority of people don't like having options.

The results are predictable as hell: Veteran players will feel neglected and that they're continuing to downgrade the game, new players will have a harder time clearing content and still won't learn how to play the game bc the game itself doesn't teach you how to play your class, and they'll lose money. They've lost thousands from me personally since this was suggested as I usually buy several hundred in giveaways a month for my communities from games I support. Stopped second they announced the nerf.

Edited by TheVoyant

Unfortunately, this is the continued history of Bioware. They have never really changed anything based on testing feedback. They don't communicate with the fan base in any way and it launches and "it is what it is."

They will see a small increase in dollars when the expansion launches as people play through the 2 hours worth of new story, and then the money will evaporate as veteran players have less fun and leave.

Darn. Does that mean we'll be getting NGE 2.0? I'm worried if this game will survive. I've been really excited for the new expansion, especially the Combat Styles system. This tanked me from hype to worry for a game I love. Especially if they're not listening to people.

If they do this and it flops, it'll be *way* more work to try to change it after implementation than it would be to before. So they could be up the creek if it goes badly.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

Yeah, its extremely unfortunate as a lot of us are like day one Bioware supporters. We want them to succeed, but good will and wishes only go so far. And a player base can only take so much disappointment.

While FF14 isn't my cup of tea, they show an easy example of listen to your consumers and the game will flourish.

Bioware could easily have that level of respect if it was given in turn back to their community. All they'd have to do is make an effort at appreciating their consumers feedback instead of taking it for granted with a "we know better then you guys what you want" approach.

But usually that type of stuff isn't the fault of employees but the boss/person in charge. So hopefully they get someone into leadership that can change the culture to be logical/constructive instead of what comes across like a squirrel spinning a wheel. Still rooting for em to figure it out, just little reason to be optimistic based off track record and what the PTS looks like thus far.

I just came back last week since leaving in 2016, so forgive me if I'm out of the loop.

I made a new character on the PTS and everything feels laggy. Is there lag on the PTS at certain times of day? Or did they make the GCD longer?

If it is the latter, I really don't think this is a good design decision. I think pruning the abilities and adding more passives is a great idea, but slowing combat down is really not going to attract anyone who has played this game or WoW in the past and is accustomed to faster response times.

I just came back last week since leaving in 2016, so forgive me if I'm out of the loop.

I made a new character on the PTS and everything feels laggy. Is there lag on the PTS at certain times of day? Or did they make the GCD longer?

If it is the latter, I really don't think this is a good design decision. I think pruning the abilities and adding more passives is a great idea, but slowing combat down is really not going to attract anyone who has played this game or WoW in the past and is accustomed to faster response times.

GCD times are the same on PTS are they are on live. Maybe it's because you don't have (enough) alacrity on your PTS character?

GCD times are the same on PTS are they are on live. Maybe it's because you don't have (enough) alacrity on your PTS character?

Ok, that's great news! The lack of alacrity is probably it, since my legacy isn't on the PTS.