Galactic Seasons - S1 Check In

DavidStaats

Her current inventory and the rotation of those items will remain the same. Should this change at all, it will be communicated to players.

Thank you for the reply.

darn, that's disappointing :( guess there will be nothing for me next season :(

Edited by DarkTergon

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They said the vendors will remain up between the seasons, and that the tokens don't disappear after the seasons end. As for what will be in season 2 vendors, that hasn't been fully addressed. Personally I'm hoping the add in other promo items, etc.

This is the list of items, it'll be starting from group A tomorrow, with update 6. (whatever...lol)

each week it'll rotate out to the next group, so just look at the list for the items you want, and you'll be able to ascertain which week they'll become available.

EDIT: A quick looks see's the blasters 'should' be up tomorrow.

*I say should, as that was what we've been told, but things don't always go as planned.

That link really helped. Thank you very much.

P.S. I shared the info in it with many people.

Edited by RobertFKennedyUS

Hi all.

I'm having a problem with the Priority Objectives this week and I'm hoping I can get some assistance.

When I started working on them on Tuesday, I noticed that my efforts to complete them weren't being recognized. That's fine, it's happened before. I rerolled on one of the weekly POs, as that has resolved the problem in the past, and it appears to have worked. The problem I have now is that new weekly PO is requiring me to complete operations, but I've spent several hours in queues without being actually being allowed to join one. I'm fine with trying out the operations, but I can't get into a group. I'd love to reroll the PO, but I've already used my reroll for the week.

To make matters worse, I can't submit a ticket, because when I open the Customer Service Help Center, I get a black window that I can't type in.

Any thoughts?

Hi all.

I'm having a problem with the Priority Objectives this week and I'm hoping I can get some assistance.

When I started working on them on Tuesday, I noticed that my efforts to complete them weren't being recognized. That's fine, it's happened before. I rerolled on one of the weekly POs, as that has resolved the problem in the past, and it appears to have worked. The problem I have now is that new weekly PO is requiring me to complete operations, but I've spent several hours in queues without being actually being allowed to join one. I'm fine with trying out the operations, but I can't get into a group. I'd love to reroll the PO, but I've already used my reroll for the week.

To make matters worse, I can't submit a ticket, because when I open the Customer Service Help Center, I get a black window that I can't type in.

Any thoughts?

At this point you're SOL, you will have to run the ops. CS are very unlikely to have the power or will to reroll your objective a second time. For OPS, don't bother with GF, it very rarely (if ever) pops. Just go stand on the fleet and look for groups forming or ask if anyone is forming a group and jump in. If it's SM and you say you haven't done them before, most groups are willing to explain basic boss mechanics if needed.

Thank you for the reply.

darn, that's disappointing :( guess there will be nothing for me next season :(

Ditto. There are a few things I'm missing from my collections and I was really hoping they'd get added eventually. They should add something consumable like credit packs or dye packs if they aren't going to keep adding other things to spend tokens on.

SWTOR Team, i hope you will add more "Galactic Season Token" more than just 15, because a lot of players couldn't get all the items while Galactic Season 1. We would need more tokens while playing Galactic Season 2 to get first previous rewards from GS1.

SWTOR Team, i hope you will add more "Galactic Season Token" more than just 15, because a lot of players couldn't get all the items while Galactic Season 1. We would need more tokens while playing Galactic Season 2 to get first previous rewards from GS1.

that is their plan, it means you'll come back to next season to finish getting what you want.

that is their plan, it means you'll come back to next season to finish getting what you want.

So galactic season tokens are 15 maximum a player can get from first season right?

And if you want something from 1st season for example a companion you can get it from tokens earned in 2nd season , as i understand correctly ?

Thank you !!!

Edited by Glabos

When we looked at Season 1, we considered a few key elements; activity patterns we saw in player week to week Conquest participation, where there was opportunity to increase engagement, ensuring that Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives fell into a certain time-to-complete range, and ensuring that no matter which objective you had it was relevant to what you are able to actually participate in.

By keeping this initial list of Priority Objectives a little more trimmed down and focused, we could ensure that players met all of these key elements. As we move into future Seasons we will be building further upon this foundation.

I don’t do things that I can’t solo. It would be nice if you had more options for soloable content along with the ability to refresh more times. There is so much content in this game, but yet you only found a handful of solo activities we can do each week? That makes no sense to me.

Starfighter sucks and makes me nauseous every time I try it. PVP is a no-go for me. I don’t know how to do it. I have tried it once… maybe twice… not for me… and operations are usually too hard for me, even on good gear with physical limitations that I have in the real world.

I ended up spending a lot of my monthly coins to make up for some of what I lost. That really sucks because it would be nice not to have to spend extra coins to make up for what I missed. More soloable options would be nice for both Weekly and Daily PO's. ((For clarity, soloable means non-PVP, non-starfighter, and non-operations/veteran Flashpoints, et al))

I don’t do things that I can’t solo. It would be nice if you had more options for soloable content along with the ability to refresh more times. There is so much content in this game, but yet you only found a handful of solo activities we can do each week? That makes no sense to me.

Starfighter sucks and makes me nauseous every time I try it. PVP is a no-go for me. I don’t know how to do it. I have tried it once… maybe twice… not for me… and operations are usually too hard for me, even on good gear with physical limitations that I have in the real world.

I ended up spending a lot of my monthly coins to make up for some of what I lost. That really sucks because it would be nice not to have to spend extra coins to make up for what I missed. More soloable options would be nice for both Weekly and Daily PO's. ((For clarity, soloable means non-PVP, non-starfighter, and non-operations/veteran Flashpoints, et al))

100% agree with this.

Ops, vet Fps and PvP are a bit too much for my internet and far too taxing for my hand. And GSF gives me headache.

Without possibilities to pick and choose which SOLO activities to do, i'll clearly not bother with S2.

And the best way would be to have a list of acticities to choose from, do 2 of them for the daily and 2 for the weekly and then the rest becomes unavailable untill the next daily/weekly reset.

Another thing also would be a bit more differences between F2P and Pref, something like 2 points / daily PO for F2P, 3 for Pref and 4 for subs, and 8 points / weekly PO for F2P, 10 for Pref and 12 for subs.

Please add Dr Dr. Oggurobb Hutt HOLO trainer to Jaleit Nall Rotational Vendor.

This has been requested in the past and actually all HOLO trainers should be added to this vendor.

Thanks!

Now I know this isn't what you asked for, nor does it fix the problem that I agree exists, I feel like you may find this information useful:

So, with the nightlife event going on right now, if you choose to play and earn the required Underworld Exchange rep/number of cartel certificates, you can buy the Malgus and Satele holostatues on the fleet in the cartel bazaar area. Now they don't unlock in your collections as they should per 2 posts that I will link in a moment, but after a quick turnaround from messaging customer service you can get them unlocked in collections and then unlock them for your account. Swtorista did a guide on it as well (https://swtorista.com/articles/underworld-exchange-reputation/#Collections)

Part 1 – http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7353393&postcount=17

Part 2 – http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7361336&postcount=23

This is what I have done as I missed out on a lot of the previous sub rewards, and I know the holostatues are very useful utilities to have

I have a question and I apologize profusely if this was already answered (I read and read as long as I could) but here goes:

If you buy, say Nico, on the GS vendor for 5 GS tokens will you be able to unlock him for 10 CC's on your other toons?

I'm guessing no but just want to be sure before purchasing one on the wrong toon.

Thanks and SO sorry if this has already been covered.

I have a question and I apologize profusely if this was already answered (I read and read as long as I could) but here goes:

If you buy, say Nico, on the GS vendor for 5 GS tokens will you be able to unlock him for 10 CC's on your other toons?

I'm guessing no but just want to be sure before purchasing one on the wrong toon.

I've had Shae, Nico, Paxton, Ranos and Hexid from before GS started and i can unlock them in collections, so my guess would be that once you purchase any of them you can unlock them.

But if you want to be sure, maybe purchase him on the character you want him with and see if you can then unlock him for the rest of your account after that.

I've had Shae, Nico, Paxton, Ranos and Hexid from before GS started and i can unlock them in collections, so my guess would be that once you purchase any of them you can unlock them.

But if you want to be sure, maybe purchase him on the character you want him with and see if you can then unlock him for the rest of your account after that.

Thank you, gonna do that! :cool:

You sure can!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about seasonal companion and his influence level. I have read that if you finish out a season, there should be enough gifts to get him to rank 50. unfortunately mind is stuck at lvl 48 and as best I can figure out, I may have accidentally used one of the gifts on an alt. which... ok... fine, my bad. so I think to myself... I'll just buy his gifts with seasonal tokens and finish out his influence that way, to allow me to buy his gifts for cash for alts and stuff like that. except.. I cannot seem to be able to do that? the message I get when mousing over gifts is "you do not meet requirements to purchase this item" and when I check regular companion vendors they do not have any gifts available for him either.

was this intentional? am I stuck leveling his influence very, VERY slowly via crew skill missions, just to get it from 48 to 50?

100% agree with this.

Ops, vet Fps and PvP are a bit too much for my internet and far too taxing for my hand. And GSF gives me headache.

Without possibilities to pick and choose which SOLO activities to do, i'll clearly not bother with S2.

And the best way would be to have a list of acticities to choose from, do 2 of them for the daily and 2 for the weekly and then the rest becomes unavailable untill the next daily/weekly reset.

Another thing also would be a bit more differences between F2P and Pref, something like 2 points / daily PO for F2P, 3 for Pref and 4 for subs, and 8 points / weekly PO for F2P, 10 for Pref and 12 for subs.

Of all the things that galactic seasons makes you do, the only thing that really bothers me and gets on my nerves is Operations. Hardly anyone wants to run those when im online and the group finder takes forever with people constantly cancelling the que. Of ALL the things I just wish they removed Operations from galactic seasons or make them solo-able. It honestly feels like more of a punishment for being a subscriber than a reward.

I think the general idea of Galactic Seasons could be a good one but as a regular subscriber i have found GS1 to be a nightmare, with a few weeks left before it ends i still find myself quite a few hundred points behind to reach the desired 800 for completion and this is with me having logged in every single day since April 27th trying to do GS.

I am not a PVP person, i loathe it so unranked warzones i will never do and GSF like a few others hurts my eyes and im not a fan anyway of the on the rails style it has. Ziost dailies i can never complete, a few long term bugs in a daily or two at Ziost that ive never overcome, despite reading guides. Iokath dailies...well, ive tried doing Iokath but its a great big confusing mess for me. Issue for me has been, even with using the reset function, the 4 choices that i have mentioned, Warzone, GSF, Ziost and Iokath has been my choices for around nearly 40% of the total so a fair few days have come when ive not been able to get any points at all so im lagging behind where i could be at.

Catch up?.. In game money i earn nearly all goes on recalib the Amplifiers in 306 gear and i will not use my hard earned cartel coins on catch up. I really do hope GS2 has a bit more choice or freedom for a solo type player who is PVE.

• 4 weeks later...

Novel concept. Implementation is horrible. Sorry, not worth burning out a system rehashing old content ad naseum. You can't even get a GPU at MSRP (and haven't been able to for a long time). I am a sub, none of the rewards are worth it. The tasks are boring, quite a few take too long, there are various bugs, getting certain ones done is near impossible, etc.

Apparently this is what we get for subbing. Huge pile of bantha waste. Rather see content. But ever since Onslaught it has been made clear whatever is going to be made, is going to be sub par, minimal effort.

Edited by xuegui

Hi.

There are a few things i do not like about the Galactic Seasons :

1. the daily/weekly PO - for some reason i get only Starfighter or Warzone, even after reroll. sorry, but pvp is not my cup of tea, at least not in this game, so i would very much like the option to have more choices, for example " Complete 3 warzones or 3 heroics on * insert planet name here*

2. the companion : sorry, but Altuur is not exactly what i would call someone worth doing all the quests for. i know, some people wanted a Kubaz companion, good for them, but i don't. why not make Major Anri or Rass Ordo the next Season companions? besides, we already have enough barely humanoid companions, don't forget about the batch from Star Fortress..

3. the companion gifts : why on.. Nar Shaddaa would anyone bother grind so much just to level a companion to rank 50 when you can just buy the gifts or craft a compendium for the class/Alliance/reward companions and that's all?

To help make this a more predictable schedule, we will be simplifying and unifying the rotating cadence with Game Update 6.3.1 such that all rotations will occur once every week at 12:00AM GMT. This will line up more appropriately with Kai’s current rotation cadence, and we hope will help make her inventory more predictable.

On what day of the week does the rotation occurs ?

Yesterday (Monday), Shae Vizla and everything usually available during that rotation shows up with Jaleit Nall.

After conquest reset (Tuesday), I still see Shae Vizla at this vendor.

• 3 weeks later...

This is just an extension of the Conquest and Daily Login hot garbage. Just a gimmick to try to make people play. Repeat old stuff ad naseum for "stuff" to clog your cargo holds. I guess you can sell some of it to the merchant, otherwise you have to go and delete it.

Let's pretend this was an entertaining addition, the fact you can only earn 6 points a day (and don't have a choice of tasks to do), you aren't even going to earn 1 level of the 100 needed.

I did DvL 3 times (different servers). That was more entertaining... why? Because the stories are the most developed content. Since class stories ended, the content is just a big "meh." Now, it is just a way to force people to play the game, even into parts of the game that are severely lacking UI/controls (GSF for example) or having other documented problems.

I am so tired of finding a character to dump stuff on. It is not like you give us a lot of character slots (I unlocked a bunch with CC). At any rate, sub is cancelled. Content team doesn't care about entertainment, just mindless grinding, even for gear sets (not a single conquest chest yields a class spec piece).

Let's pretend this was an entertaining addition, the fact you can only earn 6 points a day (and don't have a choice of tasks to do), you aren't even going to earn 1 level of the 100 needed.

They have already adressed some of the criticisms regarding the lack of choice in this post and follow up post:

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9965138#edit9965138

https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9966924&postcount=55

For Season 2 the emphasis will be shifted away from daily to weekly objectives and we will get a pool of 10 weekly objectives of which you can complete 7 each week.

Edited by Phazonfreak

This is just an extension of the Conquest and Daily Login hot garbage. Just a gimmick to try to make people play. Repeat old stuff ad naseum for "stuff" to clog your cargo holds. I guess you can sell some of it to the merchant, otherwise you have to go and delete it.

I did DvL 3 times (different servers). That was more entertaining... why? Because the stories are the most developed content. Since class stories ended, the content is just a big "meh." Now, it is just a way to force people to play the game, even into parts of the game that are severely lacking UI/controls (GSF for example) or having other documented problems.

I am so tired of finding a character to dump stuff on. It is not like you give us a lot of character slots (I unlocked a bunch with CC). At any rate, sub is cancelled. Content team doesn't care about entertainment, just mindless grinding, even for gear sets (not a single conquest chest yields a class spec piece).

I'm the opposite and I expect a lot of others are too. I've actually logged into ancient characters on SS and SF to do GS objectives on them; I'd not bothered with those characters for years (my main and most alts are on DM). I'll admit to enjoying doing GS on them, even though the re-roll is a bit rubbish (to be fixed next season, hooray).

It seems clear that this game is not for you so cancelling your sub is a good thing [obligatory for these posts: Can I have your stuff?]

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the end date is behind us... is it possible to catch up the levels you missed (because you forgot to buy/unlock them before September 29th) ?

I ask that because, even if I connect to the game everyday, unless I missed something I've never seen any warning message saying "Watch it, the end of the season is near" :)

Edited by Khiller