• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But...you're...wrong...

Sigh.

You pre-ordered to make sure the game didn't sell out on launch day before you could get your copy. If you pre-ordered SPECIFICALLY for Early Access, then you should have read the part where it said "Up to five days" and comprehended it for what it meant. Up to. Not guarunteed five days. Up to. You knowingly paid for the CHANCE to play up to five days early.

If you didn't understand this, you should brush up on reading comprehension.

As to your continual hammering at how they're pissing on an opportunity to test their servers...they already tested their servers at maximum load. They don't need those metrics anymore.

What they -do- need is to see how their servers respond to continual authentication requests as new users download and sign in to their game. They need to get an idea of how each blade performs under X amount of users using the release client so they can plan for their launch date rollout. They need to respond to issues as they arise on this microcosmic level as opposed to "OH CRAP ITS LAUNCH DAY AND THE INTERWEBS CAUGHT FIRE".

That is PRECISELY why they are staggering this.

The moral of this story: shut up.

Just love you!!!

So from what I'm gathering

There are roughly one million pre-orders of TOR

The stress test beta weekend had roughly two million participants

--

What's the issue? You're telling us that you could handle 2 million people but you can't handle one million people?

There are 1 million preorders. For physical copies. Through major retailers. In the US. Bought it through Origin? Yeah, you're not counted in that 900k. Got it in London? Neither are you. They had 2 million beta testers but I know that out of the dozen or so friends of mine waiting for the game to come out only me and 1 other actually did the beta. Small sample size, I know, but extrapolate it. I'd bet a small pile of credits this game sees well over 3M people within the first week.

I realize its only been 3 1/2 hours and to my knowledge a 3rd wave hasn't launched yet,

but on the completely ludicrous side, I'm surprised people haven't been ************ they want to stagger their payment to BW, saying such nonsense was, well if they cant get me in @ the 0 hour why should I have to pay them all upfront, I'll stagger my payment how do you like that Mr. BW. silly yes I know but sometimes I would be nice to subject companys to what they expect of us, and no I'm not ************ @ BW I'm really just a bit sleep deprived and thought this was funny

I would like to know, how is it when something close to 5% of pre orders are playing at this current time, how is it that the servers have population mostly "high" and "medium", that would mean 40-80% full...Where can they fit the rest of us in without any crashes?

I have the same problems as others. I pre ordered on the 24th of July but Game did not send my code through until the 5th of August!!. Kind of makes the whole this thing a bit of a joke.

I do feel that Bio have not handelled this very well. I have played alot of other MMO'S. Never have i seen such a headstart system. The largest issue is the bullcrap of "you will find out on the day that you get in" So everyone is expected to sit by a computer for 7 days waiting for Bioware to sned an e-mail!?! They could have atleast given direction dates!

Thank you for the post. I will hope for the best. I wondering about this wave thing, I mean if you have to go so slowly now at official release then what ? I believe it can be handle to let everyone in. So please don't take a page from S.O.E here

I don't mind that I was not in the first waves.

What I do mind is that since we were not given a proper schedule, with approximate time line for when we get in, I have wasted at least one day vacation for the annoying experience of not knowing when I can play.

I am very disappointed so far how this have been handled.

(PS: You probably should fire whoever came up with this harebrained idea since it will cause much frustration among the player base)

Honestly it's not hard to see why everyone is whining, not knowing when you'll get to play is extremely bothersome. Given we should all respect we are getting in early and that's a pretty nice gift from BioWare. Personally I think the waves are brilliant, but the not giving people an idea of when they could play kinda stinks. I understand that it's impossible to tell server loads until people actually start playing but a general idea would've been nice. A "You'll get to play at Noon on Friday at the latest" or some other such extremely conservative estimate of when we could play would've been fantastic. Then we would all be jumping up and down with joy when it ended up going ahead of our scheduled times instead of whining up a storm feeling like we aren't getting in soon enough.

Overall, this could've been handled a little better, but its not really the train wreak a lot of people are making it out to be. Now if only I'd pre-ordered sooner I'd be playing the game right now instead of flipping through the forums :(

On the SWTOR launcher it says, "There is currently no active subscripti on this account. Activate your account here." Upon clicking on it, it takes me to my account summary where I have to make five security questions (done that), complete contact information (done that), and then it asks for my Product Registration Code, which I have already entered way back when I pre-orderd for the early edition. I obviously can't use it again.

No... you don't ... read the top of the text... it says you don't need to...

There is no basis for claiming the ratio between physical and digital copies of Rift is equal to ToR.

There is no basis but it's something to consider. My point is 939,000 physical pre-orders does not, in anyway shape or form, mean that there's only 1,000,000 pre-orders total. The numbers can be huge. Regardless, either way, this is the biggest launch in mmo history (correct me if I'm wrong.) it's very possible that the total pre-orders exceed 3,000,000. It's possible it's less to but when people claim "Well such and such mmo didn't need to stagger their release!" that mmo also didn't have the explosion of players SWTOR has.

are people really this dumb :(

Get a job and stop worrying, we will still get to play the game before "release", even if its less than 5 days like you think you got "promised".

UP TO 5 DAYS.

read it and comprehend what it means. You may not get in today! OH NO! go back to league of legends and be bad at that game, or worse, WoW.

I feel for you man I really do. You should definately be in before me. Im still not in yet and i pre-ordered July 22nd and redeemed the code that night at 8:11pm pacifc. Seen people on the 22nd getting in, as well as 23rd. Even saw a Novemeber redemption in already.

I would not believe everything you see in the forums most people lie in them and never tell the truth anyways:mad: