Bioware is giving people easy mode.

Tokosteef

And they actually share that opinion. Proof:

Step 1:

Visit: http://www.swtor-life.com/developer-tracker-swtor/?show_all_posts=1

Step 2:

In the lower search bar type:

Wait... DOT -ticks- interupt capturing objectives in PvP?

Step 3:

???

Step 4:

Profit.

Seriously. Cleanse is there for a reason.

You just turned Voidstar into an AOE spam fest that highly favours zerg groups.

It will turn into a game of 'time the respawn doors', who gets lucky on the respawn timer, wins the game! Fun!

Edited by Tokosteef

It will actually turn into a game of who has the better pvp group who can kill the other side and live themselves. This means that groups with healers, a tank to guard, and good dps will have the advantage. There is no real problem to this because void star really was the more death match style wz where killing the other side fast enough will win you the game. Welcome to the world of focus firing, assisting, and guardbots being useful.

Because running around dotting everyone is for pros?

Why don't you actually be pro and wipe everyone at the door so they can't aoe the door and win the game like a boss?

What's more pro, the dotter, or the GROUP of players camping doors/turrets who can't figure out how to deal with it?

Pretty soon bads will forum rally around the idea of nerfing all damage while capping, because swtor pvp is too hard.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

???

Step 4:

Profit.

It will turn into a game of 'time the respawn doors', who gets lucky on the respawn timer, wins the game! Fun!

difference with AoE spam and DOTs spam...care to elaborate on that one...oh yeah...AoE spam the enemy NEEDS TO ACTUALLY BE THERE...how can you even think DOTs interrupts are ok...even without them it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy to interrupt an individual from planting...only difference is YOU NEED TO BE THERE..."jeez how stupid is that, i need to physically be there to stop an individual from doing something...that lame"

The dots are still ticking after you die, they just no longer interrupt, which they should not anyway...btw i roll a DOT marauder so this is not biased...its common sense

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

???

Step 4:

Profit.

dont get me wrong, i hate the change. but is there really a 'zerg group' when it's 8v8?

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

???

Step 4:

Profit.

Because the Sorc/Sage has a 15 second, instant cast, no cooldown DoT that can be speced to last 21 seconds. Not to mention that only 3 classes can get rid of this DoT: Sorc/Sage, Assassin/Shadow (1 min CD), and Scoundrel/Operative (1 min CD). A number of other classes have shorter-length DoTs (6-10 seconds), but that is easily enough time to grab a side speeder and fly down to the side points on Alderaan.

Seriously who cares? Oh right, Sorcs who can dot for 21 seconds and are the only ones who can cleanse said dot consistantly.

Fact is the objectives were too easy to defend especially in alderaan this will help with that.

Since every class has cleanse right?

Sages and sorcs have cleanse, and this is a post about PVP, the area of the game Bioware has set aside for these classes only. If you are not a sage or a sorc, please stop PVPing. You're just losing the game for the rest of us sorcs when we have to be in teams with you.

Mercs who spam tracers are fine, I guess, but they also have cleanse

Edited by lexiekaboom

It's been awhile since I played either but do Rift, WoW, or any other game with these PvP-Lite instanced battle/war zones, allow DoTs to interrupt capping? Seems to me BW is just cleaning up it's mess of a "Stupid PvP things we didn't think of that most other games wouldn't be dumb enough to implement" list.

not only that but getting geared is now gonna be waaaaaaay too easy.I'm gone once my sub is over

So once people have a chance to kill you, you're too chicken-**** to stick around? Poohsay much?

Edited by RedEnsign

Because running around dotting everyone is for pros?

Why don't you actually be pro and wipe everyone at the door so they can't aoe the door and win the game like a boss?

Sorry man but most of these dudes who say they are "blowing" people up are full of crap. What makes you think people are DoT are just running around just DoTing?

Pro is dotting the n00bs spamming the door WHILE blowing up the players that matter (healers). That's pro, if you want lessons feel free to IM me and I can start a class for ya.

It's been awhile since I played either but do Rift, WoW, or any other game with these PvP-Lite instanced battle/war zones, allow DoTs to interrupt capping? Seems to me BW is just cleaning up it's mess of a "Stupid PvP things we didn't think of that most other games wouldn't be dumb enough to implement" list.

So once people have a chance to kill you, you're too chicken-**** to stick around? Poohsay much?

Amen brother!

Fact is the objectives were too easy to defend especially in alderaan this will help with that.

^ This. If you really think it's too hard to weave direct damage attacks to stop an 8 second cap and believe you should be able to prevent someone from capping a point after they strategically wiped out you & your teams defense @ that node then you should reconsider balance in node capturing based pvp.

Although I agree with what you're saying for the most part: Purge and its friends do not cleanse Bleeds//Poisons. (I also will state that I've killed many sorcs/sages with dots because they never purge themselves and it's hilarious.) Regardless, matches that relied on last ditch DOTs before death and praying for a good respawn window will be gone. Boo.

I was pretty bummed about this one but hey, at least the games will end faster in Voidstar (Hate this wz) and I think it'll actually make Alderaan a little more down to the wire and chaotic.