Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

Considering some of the POSITIVE changes we've seen in the Star Wars universe ( I wont mention any names in specific ) ... but I can't help but to wonder what would happen if ...

[/ stops short ]

IMO the possibilities are still there if ONLY ....

[/ stops short again]

ALSO .... IMO MOST of those who are working on this game are doing their jobs the way that they SHOULD !!

Then WHY all of this ... [ / stops again ]

[/ old man takes a deep breath ... reflects ... remembers ]

It has been good to have met so many of you. Wish it could have been in person !

Yes, it has been nice interacting with you on the forums. Good luck.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all!

I wanted to take a moment to pop in and help clarify some of the conversation we are seeing regarding 7.0 and perceived Conquest changes.

There is some conversation regarding us decreasing the values of Conquest Objectives across the board. While there are some Conquest Objectives which will see some small balance tweaks, they are confined to very specific Objective types (mostly relating to World Bosses and Star Fortresses) and are by no means wide-spread. The Conquest Points for Heroics, Daily Areas, Defeat Enemies 1 and 2, Operations, and nearly 90% of every other Conquest Objective is remaining exactly as you see it on the live server today.

To address some of the values we have seen called out specifically in this thread, here are the values which are currently on our development server and planned to release with 7.0:

• Black Hole Weekly:
    • 4,300 (10,750 at full 150% SH Bonus)

[*]Operation: Completion

• 100,000 (250,000 at full 150% SH Bonus)

[*]<Planet>: Heroic Missions

• 2,000 (5,000 at full 150% SH Bonus)

[*]<Planet>: Defeat Enemies

• 1,650 (4,125 at full 150% SH Bonus)

[*]<Planet>: Defeat Enemies 2

• 3,350 (8,375 at full 150% SH Bonus)

Note that all values above are the same values you are seeing on the Live server now.

Please remember that the values you see in the Conquest window are reflective of the existing Stronghold bonus you possess on that server. If you are used to seeing a specific Conquest value on PTS which you do not see on Live, please double check your Stronghold Bonus as that could be causing confusion you wouldn’t typically see once you hit the full bonus.

Hope that helps!

Yea, I already figured that out and did something else you rarely see in the forums, an apology. But there are still problems with this expansion that no one seems to be touching on. The only post we get is on this from a mistake that was already acknowledged and apologized for but everything else is being ignored so it can be pushed through the way it is.

Do not mean to be rude but this time might just be the nail in coffin.

I can only assume after so many years of the same thing happening that it’s an inbuilt cultural and management issue at Bioware.

My sentiments exactly. My last professional role before I retired was going into failing or struggling businesses and turning them around. While I have zero first hand exposure to their offices, so deduction is necessary... You can see it in the little things. Mostly what I call "Kneejerk Course Correction" which so many of us see in the "3 legendaries! wait no just 2...." type responses.

That and the number one thing that hurts revenue, misleading or conning your consumer with doublespeak...or marketing a product incorrectly if giving the benefit of the doubt (which I'm not here.)

Its predatory and always results in the consumer becoming burnt out and hesitant to trust making future purchases. ( See all subscribers who are cancelling due to 7.0 mistrust.) Businesses who utilize this model tend to survive off continued misdirection. (Hey look at this new shiny bauble so you forget the last bauble stopped working)

The reasoning behind the scenes was always the same:

Leadership had built up a negative mindset that had an unhealthy/ unrealistic perspective on the business that didn't reflect the consumers wants and needs.

Sound familiar?

Businesses who took the advice and changed their culture succeeded more then not. (Believe only one failed by my recollection, but succeeded once they moved location with new approach)

For some reason a lot of leaders and teams have a hard time taking criticism, being realistic, self aware, and having clear decisive vision. The biggest thing I used is to tell people not to take it personally.... And I'd say that to the Devs here...

You guys aren't being personally attacked, mistakes are being called out while something can be done. Take the feedback and use it to succeed or continue frustrating almost everyone and tank your product. I'm sure a failure after failing on Anthem will go over wonderful to the bosses above.

Anyone else read the new article where they say they are directly linking gear to completing your weeklies?

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20211102

So not only will our weeklies reset and annoy us because we didn’t get to complete them, Bioware will essentially reset our gear progression each week.

Is anyone else pissed off over this reset mechanic linking our gear progression or is it only my wife and me?

It seems every announcement Bioware releases about 7.0 makes it sound worse.

I can only assume they are purposely trying to drive the “last remnants of the republic” (long term players) out of the game for good.

Or as Lando quoted in Empire, “this deal is getting worse all the time”.

After watching that clip again, does anyone else see Bioware as Darth Vader and Bobba Fett as the shareholders and the player base is Lando?

My wife has suggested we do what Lando did (metaphorically) and evacuate the city by encouraging others to start uninstalling the game in protest till Bioware listen to our plight and renegotiate in good faith.

I sadly informed her that the Empire and Dark side doesn’t renegotiate because they think they are always right. So instead of starting a Rebellion that is sure to fail and have us destroyed (banned), we should just pack up our proverbial subscription and move to another galaxy, far far away called Star Trek Online.

Back when they first announced the mixed class combat update for 7.0 I was super excited about the chance to play a Sentinel who could switch to a Sage etc.

But literally every single dev update that's come out since then has removed any and all excitement for the 7.0 update. They're destroying everything that makes the game enjoyable and it is going to drive a lot of players (most likely including myself after almost 10 years) away from the game.

This is on them, we tried to get them to change their minds on some of these issues, they've ignored us.

The new classes are going to feel like shells of their former selves. The weeklies resetting and only being available on selected weeks is going to kill freedom of choice in how and where we play. The new gear system is going to make it impossible for people who play a little bit of everything to actually upgrade their gear and to gear up alts.

The whole update is just an utterly devastating self destructive move from the devs.

Wait until you see what they've done to the inventory.

It is a nightmare of randomness that you no longer have any control over. Anyone (like me) who likes their inventory to be static, who likes to organise their own stuff in certain sections of their inventory & wants their stuff to stay put will probably rage quit. The "new improved" inventory (if it stays as is) has a mind of it's own, moves stuff every time you open it and has no option to turn any of it off :mad: I want to control where my stuff sits in my inventory!

If you haven't already, please go on the PTS to experience this mess and give feedback in this thread.

P.S. If it wasn't already clear, I hate the new "dynamic" inventory.

Edited by Sarova

It is a nightmare of randomness that you no longer have any control over. Anyone (like me) who likes their inventory to be static, who likes to organise their own stuff in certain sections of their inventory & wants their stuff to stay put will probably rage quit. The "new improved" inventory (if it stays as is) has a mind of it's own, moves stuff every time you open it and has no option to turn any of it off :mad: I want to control where my stuff sits in my inventory!

If you haven't already, please go on the PTS to experience this mess and give feedback in this thread.

I saw it and shook my head.

I saw it and shook my head.

I stopped testing weeks ago. It’s just exceedingly frustrating when you give feed back and it’s ignored.

Then when you see what can only be described as amateurish changes to systems that offer no QOL.

The whole of 7.0 on the PTS seems disjointed and messy considering it’s 4-6 weeks from release. It certainly won’t be ready for a proper release in December.

My best guess is they will leave out much of the current WIP stuff on the PTS and release it as updates next year.

I’ve also serious concerns that this will be the final nail in the coffin.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Hey folks,

Daily and Weekly Mission Reset

First, we’re making some changes to how Daily and Weekly Missions reset. Currently, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions sit in that character’s logs until the Mission is completed. Once the Mission is completed, that character can no longer pick up the Weekly again for that week (or daily for that day).

In 7.0, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions will be removed from players once the Daily or Weekly reset time passes (currently Tuesday, 12:00am UTC). The primary reason for this change is that we are restructuring the way we present content each week. Weekly Missions will rotate in availability each week in 7.0, and we want to ensure that all players are on the same Weekly Missions each week in order keep those Mission areas feeling dynamic and filled with other people to group or share Mission credit with. This should result in content like Heroic Missions being completed more quickly and efficiently. You can still access Missions that aren’t a part of the rotation if you choose, they will just have reduced rewards.

Alongside this change we will also introduce a number of quality of life improvements, including auto-completing Missions where we are able to when characters are on the turn-in step.

-eric

Unless you all are planning some good changes for GSF (and/or PVP)..I hope you will NOT be resetting weekly mission progress on these.. With over 20 toons I play weekly and you dump my progress on any of them (A few will complete a weekly any given week.. but it is nice knowing the following week some others will hit their weekly and get the fleet accommodation and requisition reward, next week a few more will hit, and it cycles.).. It is nice knowing I can casually do these while playing main story lines and expansion content.. Do not force a player to choose between trying to grind the weekly GSF/PVP content and other content when they have Dozens of toons and know while slow at least that toons progress won't be wiped at the end of the week when it only got to say 7/8 of 10 completed rounds... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don't SWG SWTOR.

My sentiments exactly. My last professional role before I retired was going into failing or struggling businesses and turning them around. While I have zero first hand exposure to their offices, so deduction is necessary... You can see it in the little things. Mostly what I call "Kneejerk Course Correction" which so many of us see in the "3 legendaries! wait no just 2...." type responses.

That and the number one thing that hurts revenue, misleading or conning your consumer with doublespeak...or marketing a product incorrectly if giving the benefit of the doubt (which I'm not here.)

Its predatory and always results in the consumer becoming burnt out and hesitant to trust making future purchases. ( See all subscribers who are cancelling due to 7.0 mistrust.) Businesses who utilize this model tend to survive off continued misdirection. (Hey look at this new shiny bauble so you forget the last bauble stopped working)

The reasoning behind the scenes was always the same:

Leadership had built up a negative mindset that had an unhealthy/ unrealistic perspective on the business that didn't reflect the consumers wants and needs.

Sound familiar?

Businesses who took the advice and changed their culture succeeded more then not. (Believe only one failed by my recollection, but succeeded once they moved location with new approach)

For some reason a lot of leaders and teams have a hard time taking criticism, being realistic, self aware, and having clear decisive vision. The biggest thing I used is to tell people not to take it personally.... And I'd say that to the Devs here...

You guys aren't being personally attacked, mistakes are being called out while something can be done. Take the feedback and use it to succeed or continue frustrating almost everyone and tank your product. I'm sure a failure after failing on Anthem will go over wonderful to the bosses above.

I liked reading your post. Before becoming financially independent my main career was doing taxes and financial advice.

Now if you do taxes for a living that means you work with a lot of small business owners. It didn't take long for me to figure out the difference between business owners who were incredibly successful and those who were stuck or failing. Figuring out the difference had a lot to do with how I managed to become financially independent.

The difference was certainly not hard work.

In fact, some of the hardest workers were working hard because they were always ramming their head into a wall as hard as they could.

No, the biggest difference (well, I can't claim to know that it was the biggest difference, but it was the most obvious difference): how quickly a small business owner could admit that they were wrong and change course. That's what separated the winners from the losers. The extent to which they would cling to their own ideas versus the extent to which they followed what worked.

Clinging to your ideas, caring about winning arguments and wanting to be right do not lead to success in entrepreneurial business. Unfortunately, I get the impression that in the corporate world those traits can sometimes help someone climb the management ladder. But when you are a small business owner or a solo practitioner, there's nowhere to hide from results.

I stopped testing weeks ago. It’s just exceedingly frustrating when you give feed back and it’s ignored.

Then when you see what can only be described as amateurish changes to systems that offer no QOL.

The whole of 7.0 on the PTS seems disjointed and messy considering it’s 4-6 weeks from release. It certainly won’t be ready for a proper release in December.

My best guess is they will leave out much of the current WIP stuff on the PTS and release it as updates next year.

I’ve also serious concerns that this will be the final nail in the coffin.

I think that is it. It is sad that it has come to this but it's their fault.

IMO there is unquestionably a disturbance in the force !!

These folks are not ignorant.

Something just simply does not add up. Is someone inside of the team that hell bent on forcing certain issues:

** solo players

** gearing issues

This isn't about making the game mind numbingly easy. Heck everything I do in STO is set to "advanced" or "elite" and it's been 7 years or more since I've played the game. But I still play that solo ! IMO it should not be about berating others who play the game differently that what I do. IMO that is counter productive.

There has to be something else behind this.

Man... I came back to the game a little over a year ago and have been having a blast as a solo player. Love Star Wars, the era/setting, stories, game play. Felt so refreshing from the other MMOs I've had been playing up to that point. Of course subbed and regularly dropped $100 a month in the Cartel shop, not trying to "brag" or something stupid. Was just happy to support a game I love.

Like so many others the whole "2 combat styles" made me very happy when it was first announced, all my characters could have a stealth spec now! Then the ability to add weapons to the outfits, awesome!... then they kept releasing more information. And that happiness turned into disbelief. Wondering why they think some of the changers were needed (removing the DvL toggle, the whole gearing BS, etc.).

Was so happy to see the anniversary and new story/content! Now I'm depressed and trying to enjoy my time left, leveling alts knowing it's coming closer. Not trying to sound like a drama, but man, this just really hurts. I don't want to unsub. I don't want to uninstall. But I don't want these changes either. Not threatening with a useless "I'm quitting!" post we see so often in MMO forums... just feeling sad. Guess it's time for a break from MMOs for a while lol.

TL,DR: Please, reconsider BW. Please?...

Agreed 100%. I'm more hurt, sad and disappointed then mad and angry. I LOVE this game and I don't want to stop playing it.......but the amount of changes incoming that will force me to stop? It sucks man..... :(

You are nicer than I would have been. I would have said you don't like my comments, deal with it especially right now. I normally am the least person that complains and just deals with it in quiet but with this and everything else, I honestly think I at the end of my rope and the one thing this will do is push me away from this game and when I leave I delete it from my computer.

Oh trust me, I would use every 4 letter word and then some! But I would either get banned or the post removed, and then the information isn't helpful. That is LITERALLY the only reason why lol :D

Plus over the last week.......the anger has been subsiding and becoming more sadness and depression. Yeah yeah yeah, I know "its just a video game!", but it has helped me a lot with irl CPTSD and many other issues......and to not have it be there to help me anymore.....to have it stolen by selfish people? It just hurts and makes me very very very.... :(

This is exactly what this is all about. That's why Mr. Kanneg got hired. I truly believe that,

They want new players who are fine with the little that they intend to offer and who don't have baggage from the past like memories of a better time. Longtime players are often just considered dead weight. So often people wonder: Why are they doing this? I don't like it. That's exactly why they are doing it.

It's our own fault. It's like we're in a toxic relationship. I don't feel treated well by this game anymore. So I closed my pocket. It's hard. And it hurts, since my relationship with this game lasted for over a decade. But let's face it: Swtor has moved on. They are just too big cowards to openly tell us that they're done with us. So instead they passive-aggressively try to drive us away. So that they can say "well, they left us".

I disapproved of 7.0 from the very first announcement. I predicted what was going on. But honestly, even the regulars here have been way too positive and in a "good will" or "give them the chance of the doubt" mood. It's too late now. The outrage should have come months ago. I feel like I was the only one who said from the beginning that this sucks. I surely wasn't the only one, but I remember that I didn't understand the positivity about the announcements at all.

Bad, bad, bad. I'm seriously considering if I should just make the hard cut and uninstall right away. It will be a shock, but that's how breakups are. Plenty of other fish in the sea, as my friends always told me when I had a breakup. :p

Oh your not alone. I was the only one in my circles that pointed out what horridness was incoming, yet everyone around me was all "positivity happy!" and harassing me about it. To the point I had to leave multiple guilds and discords because I was pointing out the truth, and the GMs even were invalidating me and harassing me.

Just sucks man......and it hurts....it hurts deep when the other side of a relationship is a narcissist :(

AGREED 100% AND 10 FOLD! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

FRACK this change! This better be an optional or it better be a bug that we can't turn it off, because this is WRONG. :mad:

Unless you all are planning some good changes for GSF (and/or PVP)..I hope you will NOT be resetting weekly mission progress on these.. With over 20 toons I play weekly and you dump my progress on any of them (A few will complete a weekly any given week.. but it is nice knowing the following week some others will hit their weekly and get the fleet accommodation and requisition reward, next week a few more will hit, and it cycles.).. It is nice knowing I can casually do these while playing main story lines and expansion content.. Do not force a player to choose between trying to grind the weekly GSF/PVP content and other content when they have Dozens of toons and know while slow at least that toons progress won't be wiped at the end of the week when it only got to say 7/8 of 10 completed rounds... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don't SWG SWTOR.

Oh agreed with this. The amount of people who attack me when I point this out is very sad. But yeah, having your missions be at 9/10 or 2/3 or 4/5 and then BOOM reset? ALL that progress and time will be WASTED. Yeah VERY bad and horrid change.

Like the Galactic Season weeklys resetting each week? THAT makes sense (since thats where the feedback of "Why does my friend have a different daily and weekly then me!?!? whine I can't play with my friends!" came from.) But the rest of the weeklys? Leave as is.

When I told my husband (who is a programmer) about the inventory change, he responded, "That's what happens when you let high schoolers work on your game."

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHH

Then I guess my moms observation was right. "These changes are happening because of new youngters not knowing history nor caring about others with empathy."

DANG :(

Something just simply does not add up. Is someone inside of the team that hell bent on forcing certain issues:

** solo players

** gearing issues

This isn't about making the game mind numbingly easy. Heck everything I do in STO is set to "advanced" or "elite" and it's been 7 years or more since I've played the game. But I still play that solo ! IMO it should not be about berating others who play the game differently that what I do. IMO that is counter productive.

I mean......selfish people don't have empathy, so they can't fathom seeing something from someone else's perspective. EVERYONE else's perspective is wrong, unless it aligns with theirs.

Also if you want to go down the rumor path a bit, if the devs are hanging out with NIM elite raiders only and thats the feedback they are getting and listening too.......these changes make complete sense. Since the elite raiders HATED the 6.0 changes to let plebs get the highest gear. In their selfish minds, ONLY them are allowed the gear, so they can gate keep and keep plebs out of their cliques.

Try looking at the changes from that perspective, and 7.0 actually makes sense as to why its being designed that way. If you look at it from a caring about the players perspective, it will NEVER make sense......because these ideas were never formed in a mind that has empathy. :(

(Btw.....oddly enough Charles and Jackie actually seem to have some empathy with them with things I have seen from them. Obviously don't know all, just wanted to point out I do see a slight difference from the rest of the devs with those two. (Just pointing it out for other fellow SWTOR gamers :D )

Edited by Lakemine

** solo players

** gearing issues

Oh it's nothing sinister. Never look for evil motives when simple foolishness will explain what's happening.

Here's a hypothesis.

They looked at two games, Final Fantasy and WoW.

Final Fantasy is kicking ***. It's doing amazing. It is NOT an alt-oriented game.

So they looked at SWTOR and were like, "Why are we practically training our players to have a zillion alts? That's not what Final Fantasy does, and look how successful that game is!"

I'm not necessarily opposed to that side of the decision making, I'm not sure it's gonna work that well though. People have really gotten used to SWTOR as an alt-friendly game. But it might work.

OK, but that's only half of my hypothesis. Here's the other half.

They looked at WoW and said, "Hey, WoW cratered! I bet we could get a bunch of the raiding population from WoW if only we...."

DEAR GOD NO!

The fact that WoW cratered should suggest to them that they should NOT try to be like WoW!

That's how I see it.

They are, on the one hand, trying to follow the FF path to success. That might work or it might not.

On the other hand, they are trying to follow what WoW did to win over former WoW players. That will not work. It will backfire and I hope they just give up the whole project entirely.

I mean, leaving aside everything else, since when is making operations Bioware's strength? Come on. When have they ever been great at that side of their MMO?

This is my hypothesis. I might be wrong. But I think there's a good chance I'm right. And I'm going to do everything I can think of to get them to not follow this terrible idea of trying to be like WoW (or like SWTOR 1.0--just as bad if not worse.)

On the other hand, they are trying to follow what WoW did to win over former WoW players. That will not work. It will backfire and I hope they just give up the whole project entirely.

I still subscribe to, and play, WoW and SWTOR, and play some other free games here and there, like DCUO and STO (and I found City of Heroes revived as CoH: Homecoming). I play them for the customizations, collecting, and storylines/questing. This change to Ops doesn't do anything for me, good or bad. I just don't care. Apathy is the enemy of the entertainment industry.

Edited by WHTJunior

Oh agreed with this. The amount of people who attack me when I point this out is very sad. But yeah, having your missions be at 9/10 or 2/3 or 4/5 and then BOOM reset? ALL that progress and time will be WASTED. Yeah VERY bad and horrid change.

Like the Galactic Season weeklys resetting each week? THAT makes sense (since thats where the feedback of "Why does my friend have a different daily and weekly then me!?!? whine I can't play with my friends!" came from.) But the rest of the weeklys? Leave as is.

Yea.. I'd be fine with Seasons/Conquest stuff resetting weekly on GSF.. when you start in a bare bone ship, need to buy parts/other ships/crew etc.. don't wipe fleet accommodations and fleet/ship requisition progress by clearing out the 10/10 matches not being obtained on the weekly GSF. I would like to see something bring more people into GSF (more maps, more modes, more ships..) but if you reset uncompleted weekly GSF missions as they are now.. that will just prolong being the new underpowered target (missing that 4000ship req)... And probably deter people from GSF if they have to spend the first few weeks as mostly a target.

I mean......selfish people don't have empathy, so they can't fathom seeing something from someone else's perspective. EVERYONE else's perspective is wrong, unless it aligns with theirs.

Also if you want to go down the rumor path a bit, if the devs are hanging out with NIM elite raiders only and thats the feedback they are getting and listening too.......these changes make complete sense. Since the elite raiders HATED the 6.0 changes to let plebs get the highest gear. In their selfish minds, ONLY them are allowed the gear, so they can gate keep and keep plebs out of their cliques.

Try looking at the changes from that perspective, and 7.0 actually makes sense as to why its being designed that way. If you look at it from a caring about the players perspective, it will NEVER make sense......because these ideas were never formed in a mind that has empathy. :(

(Btw.....oddly enough Charles and Jackie actually seem to have some empathy with them with things I have seen from them. Obviously don't know all, just wanted to point out I do see a slight difference from the rest of the devs with those two. (Just pointing it out for other fellow SWTOR gamers :D )

I do agree with your sentiment toward both Charles and Jackie. I have sent several PM's to Jackie (in the past) and they have never been ignored. IMO she's a real gem !!

It should also be noted that I don't expect things to follow my own path or abilities of playing a game. At my age I understand that MANY (if not MOST) players will be substantially more efficient and simply better equipped to play at a higher level. So when I'm playing in any part of that game I take that into account when commenting. In short I don't expect others to play as I do. I also REALLY don't like it when others seem to be somewhat condescending to lesser players. ( That rarely helps anyone ) .

That said ... IMO there's still a big piece to this puzzle that we're not getting.

Frankly it's biggin' me to no end to see so much potential just being thrown out the proverbial window and replacing it with ... UGH ... I'm not quite certain what to call what seems to be coming ...

( Well ... I DO actually know WHAT to call it ... but trying not to get myself into to too much trouble) .. :D