Game Update 5.7 and Beyond

EricMusco

And with this, I have now unsubscribed. Unless all characters can recruit all comps, I'm no longer interested. It's already bad enough that I can't solo everything, but this is the last straw.

You want my business? Make everything universal.

Yes, it really is that simple. (Or hard if you're so stupid you lack the imagination to understand why...)

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And with this, I have now unsubscribed. Unless all characters can recruit all comps, I'm no longer interested. It's already bad enough that I can't solo everything, but this is the last straw.

Yes, it really is that simple. (Or hard if you're so stupid you lack the imagination to understand why...)

No. This game needs to retain at least a modicum of character identity. Some companions have no business being with other classes. I'm all for having class-specific returns, because it makes them at least a little bit more special and unique, considering every companion can do the same.

Besides, all characters could never recruit all companions. The PVP one is completely dependent on your faction and I think the only way to actually get both companions on Iokath is to be a Sith Warrior who sides with the Republic.

I never understood why all companions should be with any character. Some don't make sense due to their stances on the opposite side. Iresso for instance would never make sense to be with an imperial character due to his backstory and his stance on the imperials.

Andronikos would make no sense on the Republic side due to his back story as well. Some just don't make sense on the opposite faction.

I will definitely be unsubbing because BW still has yet to put a chandelier at the top of my sin starship, and i have been waiting for it for 6 years now. The majority of players have asked for chandeliers and they still arent listening to us, or given any indication of when they will be available - such horrible communication when they promised us better communication. The amount of chandelier content has been underwhelming and this is the final straw. Toodles swtor, I'll be waiting for the new Star Wars Chandelier Edition. Even the other MMO, which i wont name, has given players chandeliers....this game is definitely in maintenance mode. Edited by olagatonjedi

I never understood why all companions should be with any character. Some don't make sense due to their stances on the opposite side. Iresso for instance would never make sense to be with an imperial character due to his backstory and his stance on the imperials.

Andronikos would make no sense on the Republic side due to his back story as well. Some just don't make sense on the opposite faction.

It's just baby mentality throwing his toys because he can't have it all on one playthrough as far as I'm concerned.

Nowhere was it ever guaranteed to anybody that they'd be getting every companion available in the entire game on a single character. Never. People who want that should really just consider themselves lucky with the cross class companions they DID get treated to and stop acting like it's their right as a subscriber to have them all.

I'll never get the desire. Why is this an issue? For a stronghold statue? Another IDENTICAL brick in your companion window who fights the exact same as anyone else with their weapon? The few minuscule comments they make during combat? Which, by the way, are gonna be exactly the same as the vanilla comments they made for their original class. Seems so crazily unnecessary.

And I never understood why people care how others play their game. As I already mentioned I see a way to integrate the Smuggler with Andronikos which is impossible in the layout BW drives yet because... Andronikos is SI only. My smuggler isn't republic anymore as BW wrote it from their side already. All our chars are the Alliance Commander and evolved over the republic and the imperial sides. (You might not like that decision from BW at all, I give you that, but it is a fact and I personally went with it). Hence the companion in question would ally with a third side no matter how you spin it. My Smuggler isn't a good person, never was. He is a pirate in heart and why the hell should he not built a pirate gang with Andronikus when Theron can betray the GC as founder too. Other chars might be a different story, but currently BW stands in my way of gaming with that decision and I want it resolved in a way leaving the choice in my hands like they promised ages ago. Here they have a chance to make true to their words. Other players have other reasons to want them all, but that is their choice and also not yours. So I am all for make them recruitable for all, leave the decision in the hands of the player and let's not do this discussion again and again whenever we get new, old companions back.

If you guys and gals can not find a way to integrate chars you want in your story, this speaks more for the lack of imagination of your side and is frankly put... it is your very own problem. I fail to see how the players with the necessary imagination should be punished for that. You are sucking their fun out of the game with your "I dont see how this works and dont want it." statements. Why cant you support a suggestion which supports both sides? I am all for a more meaty return for the companions to their former classes (I would have loved that from start), but there should be a way that the other classes who want certain main companions (the companions who are romances are mains for me) or even all companions on their chars for whatever reason to use the companion terminal. Pierce and 4X come to mind. If somebody want them let him or her. Personally I will not grab Corso, but for heavens sake who wants Corso should get Corso if it makes them happy. I am not that jealous to deny them their fun but I expect the same of you. Every happy player continue to pay, they make my game run and yours too.

So slowly I start to think that you who are against that really reasonable idea leaving this choice to the respective player are either jealous that you cant think of a way to reintegrate companions they want with whatever char or even worse cant resist the terminal in your Odessen base and want to be safe before ending with a gazzillion of companions they cant handle. Tell me that is not the case. There is no reason to be against adding all companions to the terminal, I am deadly sorry but this is how I see it.

Let me first start by saying I love this game.

Let me follow up with saying there is so much strangled potential here and it really is like gasping for breath in an ocean of disappointment.

A little dark, but its the potential I see that breaks my heart... this game could be everything we want it to be and more yet somehow, be it EA Bureaucracy, or something less obvious... its not.

When Lana breaks you out of Carbonite you're gathering fresh water when she says something that fits the relationship between EA and SWTOR perfectly.

"I don't think Arcann feels any desire to actually govern our portion of the galaxy; for now, he sees it as a backwater, useful only for resources."

Replace Arcann with EA. Replace govern with Develop. and Replace resources with The Cartel Market.

Again I love this game and I love Star Wars but its Tragic that it cant be more than what it is.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We have seen a few questions about what is required in order to get these companions. Here are the requirements:

• You must be the Class where the Companion was originally introduced. Ex: A Smuggler to get Risha.
  • You must have completed the KOTET story. The reason for this requirement is that the story of these Companions takes place after the events of KOTET.

We know there has been interest in players being able to acquire Companions outside of these restrictions, such as through the Companion Locator Terminal. Although that is not something we can do quickly, the team is absolutely aware of the feedback.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

-eric

You must have completed the KOTET story. The reason for this requirement is that the story of these Companions takes place after the events of KOTET.

This is interesting: KotET must be completed but the character doesn't have to be fully advanced through the Iokath/Traitor storyline. So, in a sense, characters whose players didn't advance them as far get to have their companions return "sooner."

You must have completed the KOTET story. The reason for this requirement is that the story of these Companions takes place after the events of KOTET.

That sucks though because I'm not running my Smuggler through KOTET. One or two characters is enough. So even if I've started the Iokath storyline I still can't do these?

Edited by kodrac

Hey folks,

We know there has been interest in players being able to acquire Companions outside of these restrictions, such as through the Companion Locator Terminal. Although that is not something we can do quickly, the team is absolutely aware of the feedback.

-eric

*slides you $20* Do it quickly, please.

Edited by AnisaBadgett

What happens if we already have Corso from the Companion terminal? Will that Corso be replaced?

If it's like anything previously, they'll just be swapped. My Elara and Jorgan just appeared naked one day prior to their quests, so I assume it'll work like that did.

That sucks though because I'm not running my Smuggler through KOTET. One or two characters is enough. So even if I've started the Iokath storyline I still can't do these?

I'd like to know about this, too. I'm in the same boat. I have run two characters through everything current. I have a third that I started KotET with ages ago and just don't want to finish. Then there are those that I haven't started KotET with yet. That includes the ones getting companions this time.

I wish they wouldn't hold everything hostage with KotFE/ET. It's a terrible story, especially if you've run it once or twice already. We just want to run different content, right?

This is a stupid corner they've painted themselves into. They started giving all companions to everyone and we got used to it and ignored some characters because we "knew" the companions would be available on other characters that we play. But now they've gone and changed direction yet again, which puts us in the terrible position of choosing whether or not to play content we hate just to get companions back.

Not cool.

I'd like to know about this, too. I'm in the same boat. I have run two characters through everything current. I have a third that I started KotET with ages ago and just don't want to finish. Then there are those that I haven't started KotET with yet. That includes the ones getting companions this time.

I wish they wouldn't hold everything hostage with KotFE/ET. It's a terrible story, especially if you've run it once or twice already. We just want to run different content, right?

This is a stupid corner they've painted themselves into. They started giving all companions to everyone and we got used to it and ignored some characters because we "knew" the companions would be available on other characters that we play. But now they've gone and changed direction yet again, which puts us in the terrible position of choosing whether or not to play content we hate just to get companions back.

Not cool.

It is a monumentally crap story especially so if you play any non force user class, but the way I see it it's really not THAT bad to grind through. Spacebarring all the cutscenes etc. plus the level cap doesn't work properly (At least for me) so the first 16 chapters or so are an absolute walk in the park at 70 with a 230+ geared toon. I am doing it right now with a new JK and he's geared to 242 and has yet to get in a fight which has lasted more than 8 seconds or so up to chapter 6 currently :p

I think it'd take maybe 3 hours playtime to grind it out from the start of KOTFE to the end of KOTET skipping all cutscenes with a well geared toon. Not ideal, but not SO bad. With this news even I need to finish up my Smuggler for the missions tomorrow now. I thought I'd be fine but since I need KOTET finished also I need to grind out the last 8 chapters of it tonight since I stopped at Voss :rolleyes:

This is Kinda troubling. I completed the Zakuul story on my main but I know many haven't and most it seems for Unhappy reasons. So giving back these class specific comps to only those that did and nothing for those that were already...unhappy seems like pouring gas on the fire and further upsetting those that were already unhappy with the games only direction (story wise).

I think it would be *Better to simply Give them back to Everybody in the specified class and try to "Get Past" this. Planning on removing them for more then a few chapters was risky already (the comps were one of this games best assets). Then the delays made it worse, and to deny giving them back now to those that were already upset (Who made this decision?).

I wish they wouldn't hold everything hostage with KotFE/ET. It's a terrible story, especially if you've run it once or twice already. .

And that is EXACTLY why they do it.

FE/ET is so bad they have to bribe us to play it, and they need us to play it so they can keep telling EA how "exciting" and successful it all was.

All The Best

So they hold our Comps Hostage? "Finish our "Keeping up with the Kar..Valkorians", "Lana and Theron(?) show" or be lonely in SWTOR indefinitely? To me that sounds like an instant Reroll on that character that would Never do that Story with a Vengeance. Just get Past this. For those that did complete that story the reason/excuse is very fluid; for those that *Chose to Opt out not so much but, their comps are back and those players made this decision long ago when they chose to not complete a story that was not written with them in mind.