Regarding server queues

StephenReid

We appreciate you're doing everything you can. However, when there are two RP (yes, THAT Gideon) servers and they're both queueing, and the standard "go to another server" means that all our levelled characters are on the queuing servers, then there's really not a lot we can do.

Only way to fix this is up the pop caps or open new servers of all types, then do free transfers for all characters. Nothing else makes sense.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, thank you for the update in that you are obviously aware of the problem (if you weren't something would of been seriously wrong).

How ever, how are you looking to resolve the issues? Sorry, I should re-phrase that so not to divulge trade secrets - Are you looking at improving capacity and reducing queues?

After all, firstly not everyone who has pre-ordered the game is playing yet so not impacting the queues. Secondly the game hasn't gone on sale to the general public nor has it arrived in peoples Christmas stockings which will also increase the amount of people playing on the servers.

To take into account if it proves to be popular end game a lot more people may start migrating from mmo's such as WoW/Rift. More people will be switching over, it can only imply the amount of users is going to increase and increase.

Finally, adding new servers will not help with the problem in that the people on a server are unlikely to change baring a small percentage. Which means queues will stay.

Edited by JuneauDaley

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues

I hope you are thinking of something like max. 20 seconds or so. Otherwise I'm out.

This is just insane and never seen it before. And I've played a lot of MMO's.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."[/indent]

Then you should realize that we need more RP-PVP servers, as -if i recall correctly- there are only 1 on each US coast and there are ALWAYS long queues to access them.

I know that new servers appear every day, but leaving just 1 for RP.. i mean, please..

Edited by _Wesser_

As soon as people start hitting 50 and guilds start to raid, you can't have this kind of queues. No one is going to login 3 hours early for a raid and if somone gets disconnected, they are gone for the rest of the evening.

Untill now they have managed to make this launch good. Beta weekend went fine, stress test weekend was fine to, but now it's just ruined.

you need someone at home to start up your computer and game 2 hours before you get home and make sure the ppl home keep you char moving.. so you can play right when you get home :p
lol ive done that already on the 2nd day but i still had 2 hours no jokes :)

Technically speaking, Queues are a good idea. PAYING CUSTOMER speaking, Queues are going to be incredibly detrimental to this game.

People PAY you to have the game available - and you're holding them back. My play style requires me to be at and away from the keyboard all the time. I've only been in a few queues, but the amount of time I have to play is generally barely longer than the time I wait in the queue.

Saying you're spinning up more servers helps the queue does NOT help the population of the Queue'd server UNLESS you have servers spanned across multiple systems. You have to help the population on that single server and everybody on it - not JUST handle the population of the game by adding more servers.

This is a really bad start... you have the people that are dedicated in the game now... what are you going to do about those you MIGHT have a chance at getting as subs that see how long they have to wait and go, "Screw that game!"

Really bad choices here guys... get it worked out, ditch the queue system and make sure there are still enough people to play with. You're all smart - figure it out.

Cant fault the game at all accept for one thing as many have already said here.....waiting times suck hugely. OMG from 30 mins to 3hours for some people. This will really really put a lot of people off and tbh im getting feeling that where not wanted ingame, i hope to god sake that this is sorted before the launch on the 20th. Ive played lots of beta's and first day's on many mmo's and they have always sucked we accpet that as norm, but ive never had to wait this long ever. And the server was forced upon us by you guys, we didnt even get the choice of where to go !!!

We are currently playing on a free pre-access period, and for that I am grateful.

But as others have said I pay to play, not to wait.

By the 20th this needs to be better. 2/3 EU servers had signfiicant queues a little earlier, and that is still the case for the English Language EU servers.

I am impressed that the mechanism controlling access to servers and giving information about queues is so good. I prefer to know I have a 5 min wait, to logging on to a laggy DCing nightmare. But it needs sorting by proper launch day, because 30 min+ waits are completely unacceptable on an ongoing basis.

RIFT had free server transfers, a cool solution....hint hint.

As with any MMO, there are always hiccups. As long as they are genuinely working on these issues, then these things are minor especially in light of the fact we are in bonus time right now.

see the problem there? bonus time.. so not the big public.. and even now servers cant handle it? They put ppl in queue to prevent lag and such. i understand but just dont let ppl create characters anymore then. or whatever.. But it feels like a real small amount off ppl on each server since most of m are already full

So far you have done NOTHING that even remotely alleviates the problem to acceptable levels. 3 hour queue times without any form of queue bypass after a crash is receipe for disaster. I'm a loyal fan of the Game since before the game was even announced but this is totally unacceptable. What were you thinking?

I've been in a queue on bloodworthy for 2 1/2 hours. Joined at 1500, now at 500 so ive got about 1-1 1/2 still to go, I know its a new game and its busier than usual but these waits are completely unacceptable.

You might want to review your estimated wait times that are displayed, it said 1h 40 when i started.

If I could move my entire guilds characters to an empty server i'd be happy.

Edited by Sparckus

I joined the queue roughly 5 hours ago.

It lasted almost 2 hours first time, I got in. I played for around 40 minutes (managed to pick up a couple of quests and hand in some of the 'talk only' quests). Then we decied to go exploring with my friend and I disconnected...

Was dumped back into the queue and been waiting over 2 hours again... I'm 74th in the line as I'm sending this.

Is this reasonable? For Frostclaw apparently, it is.

I am in queue already 1:45 (watched whole film) on LoL server and still have over 500ppl before me (start was 1,8k). It starts to be little too much for me. And i already answer on sugests of some ppl "change server" : I want play with friends...:(

Can all of your friends move with you? I know that's hardly a reasonable solution, but it may be the only thing you can do.