In Preparation for 6.0 - what are the TOP things to do

Christie_Swift

[*]Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.

-eric

If this is accurate then it's a very disturbing piece of news, especially as the conquest pane for this week is continuing to show the target score as 1,130,000. If we had known this, we wouldn't have aimed for a large invasion this week. We are a smallish guild and the likelihood of getting another 4 million points over the weekend is small.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that you become eligible for the Guild Reward when you complete your personal reward, meaning that would track against you completing your 15K number.

Thanks for the clarification, that's a relief. Five million points will take some effort but should be doable for my guild.

Edited by Jerba

Hey all!

Some good reminders in here already so I thought I would tack on a few reminders as well. Most of these are known already but good to get them in one place ahead of Onslaught's launch next week.

• Galactic Command Rank is resetting to 0 for all characters.
  • The Achievements for earning Command Rank 300 on Classes will become Feats of Strength with Onslaught's launch.
  • Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.
  • All utilities will be reset on launch day so be sure to spend your points when you login.
  • All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.
  • Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.
  • No reason to stockpile Command Crates either as they will not convert into Renown crates and Command Tokens will become credits.
  • All Legacy Perks for GC will now affect Renown. The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.

Thanks all!

-eric

Sorry eric but it's frankly ridiculous and insulting that you didn't care to make it clearly known that this week's conquest will only be judged against the new values, not the ones shown in game, AFTER everyone has picked this week's invasion targets. My medium yield guild could have gotten small if this was more clearly communicated, now everyone's efforts this week are wasted because we weren't told to switch to small.

It's bad enough that you're ruining gearing, shoving more RNG into everything and increasing the grind, but this is just a slap in the face to small guilds.

Hey all!

Some good reminders in here already so I thought I would tack on a few reminders as well. Most of these are known already but good to get them in one place ahead of Onslaught's launch next week.

• The Achievements for earning Command Rank 300 on Classes will become Feats of Strength with Onslaught's launch.
  • Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.
  • All utilities will be reset on launch day so be sure to spend your points when you login.
  • All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.
  • Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.
  • No reason to stockpile Command Crates either as they will not convert into Renown crates and Command Tokens will become credits.
  • All Legacy Perks for GC will now affect Renown. The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.

Thanks all!

-eric

Some very good information here. I echo other's comments that the guild conquest should have been stated last week since many guilds may have chosen different planets this week since the 6.0 points are based on increased points for every objective as well to offset the higher point threshold. Expecting a guild to now make 5 million points instead of 1.3 without those increased objective points is completely unrealistic and highly frustrating.

A suggestion to alleviate this would be to ignore what size of planet a guild invaded this week and simply check the accumulated guild points against the NEW values and apply rewards accordingly. If this was already the plan, then good work thinking ahead about it. If it wasn't the plan, then it SHOULD be.

Edited by DarthBatemanJ

Hey all!

[*]Galactic Command Rank is resetting to 0 for all characters.

No thank you... just raise the GC Point Cap.

Edited by Kass

Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.

I'm assuming you mean the unassembled pieces that are primarily dropped in operations with 'command gear pieces' here but the choice of words is still a little ambiguous imo, can we get a clarification?

I got several characters through Jedi Under Siege mostly skipping to it.

I did have the day off work then the morning cashier Quito. Oh well probably wont have the servers back online until I get et off work in the afternoon anyway. After the early the crash because too many people trying to play first hour.

Hey all!

Thanks all!

-eric

Thank you ALL this is really helpful. Lots of stuff to do but better be safe than sorry :)

Eric, can you explain the thought process behind this change? This is extremely annoying, especially considering the expected cost of augmentation kits in the upcoming update since the crafting requirements are so high. I'm not so much worried about the implications on legacy gear, which I imagine are still fairly crippling for people that used that system heavily, but the credit cost this is going to incur to reaugment gear constantly is immense.

The options seem to be either sink millions of credits into reaugmenting gear at every step of the gear progression or go without augments entirely until you get your final set of gear. Neither of those options sound appealing to me for my main, who I've always kept in a single set of augmented armor that I could then swap mods into without needing to reaugment.

Am I looking at this the wrong way? This seems like a really bad change.

Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.

Thanks for the heads up. I can now completely ignore conquest for the week because there is no way I'm going to hit 500k, and the personal rewards are fairly useless, so, yeah, it's back to ignoring conquest. I'm so glad you told us before I spent all that time working on conquest this week (except for the hours I've already wasted). Thanks.

[*]Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones.

Eric,

The new values for Conquest considers that each objective also gives more points. Are you going to recalculate our points?

If not, this is certainly not fair at all. How are we going to do 2 Million for medium when we barely manage 600k. And on top of that this week objectives are mostly GSF. No rampages. No dailies. Mostly garbage.

-eric

Can we have more detail on this. For example most my set bonuses I've pulled the armoring and moved it to a legacy shell. After the update will the bonus be on the legacy shell armoring piece or on the (now empty) shell it came in?

If it is moving to the (now empty in my example) shell it came in, has the shell been converted to legacy bound?

While I dislike the retroactive portion of this change, I can work with it, but need the above information: a majority of the set bonus pieces I have, I had long ago sold the shell they came in. I need to know if I need to buy replacements to keep my set bonus, and if I need to buy multiple copies on multiple characters to not loose my set bonus for 70-74.

Can we have more detail on this. For example most my set bonuses I've pulled the armoring and moved it to a legacy shell. After the update will the bonus be on the legacy shell armoring piece or on the (now empty) shell it came in?

If it is moving to the (now empty in my example) shell it came in, has the shell been converted to legacy bound?

While I dislike the retroactive portion of this change, I can work with it, but need the above information: a majority of the set bonus pieces I have, I had long ago sold the shell they came in. I need to know if I need to buy replacements to keep my set bonus, and if I need to buy multiple copies on multiple characters to not loose my set bonus for 70-74.

Honestly, I'd pick the shell you want it to be permanently moved to now, before 6.0 hits.

Some good reminders

•  

-eric

Umm, the Conquest thing should've been announced sooner. I'm willing to bet there's a lot of Guilds like mine who've invaded large yield but won't be able to make 5 Million Conquest Points. :(

QFE ... Eric: please reconsider this and please discuss some type of concession options for us "smaller" guilds who had absolutely no way to know u guys were making the PRE-update week Conquest require POST-Onslaught values. (and notified us over 2 DAYS after the conquest had already begun & committed to)

Extremely disappointing, sir. And not the greatest way to kick-start us into the weekend , since now any excitement for Oct. 22nd has been somewhat diminished. :confused:

p.s. Your 'customer support CSR' Team is gonna have fun on Tuesday as it is (server downtimes , bugs, etc. ) but now they also get to deal with 2987458975 in-game tickets about "Why didn't i get CONQUEST REWARDS?!!?!?!" ugh Eric, seriously come on now....:cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder

Hey all!

Thanks all!

-eric

First off Eric, sincerely, thank you for posting your list. It is a lot of good information and honestly it's the first time I can think of where you guys have been proactive about making such a list.

(I could be wrong, but it's how I remember it.)

Now, that being said, are you 100% sure that the guild conquest points for the current active week are judged against the next week's values?

While conquest has had several key changes over the years, I think the guild goals have remained the same? Again, my memory might be fuzzy.

If this truly is the case, while it would have been nice to know about it sooner, as in Monday, before people picked the invasion target...at least some guilds who DIDN'T yet pick can pick the appropriate levels to meet the new point goals.

I'll be switching to my pub guild and choosing small, there's enough time for me to hit the 500k points.

Also...anyone reading this with pub side toons on Star Forge who want to join my guild <BabysLaughter> I will take anyone and everyone so they can meet their goals this week.

Afterwards you can stay/leave or whatever you like.

I'll be logging on in the next 5 minutes...search for the guild name and you should be able to find me regardless of which toon I'm on

My understanding is that it'll go to the shells they came in, not whatever they're in when the update goes live. When I logged into PTS on my main, my armor didn't have a set bonus anymore, but I didn't look into it further as I thought they were outright removing older set bonuses.

Hey all!

.... [*]Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.

Thanks all!

-eric

This one is pretty bogus to me. The work was done before onslaught. The targets guilds chose was based on what was 'advertised' not some statement that came out after everyone made their choice. The guild I'm in is hard pressed to make the normal numbers, let alone the Onslaught numbers. Thanks for caring about your player base.

Utterly peeved off.

Hey all!

Thanks all!

-eric

Hold on a sec. you mean that all the armor mods that i have pulled out of the shells and put into legacy gear will no longer have set bonuses? So now I will have 40 toons with absolutely no set bonuses in their gear because absolutely none of them have the shells anymore.

I missed those above, good catch. Masterwork and Monumental Crystals will both be going away / converted to credits. The intention is that those vendors on Ossus will change to selling their items for credits. ((There is a known issue at launch where they are still requiring the currency which we will fix in our next patch.))

-eric

So all the people who pulled the 258 armorings and threw away the non-legacy shells will not be able to buy the armor until after they reach 75 and can no longer use the set bonuses to get to 75.