2020 Greetings from Keith!

KeithKanneg

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's a copy and paste roadmap from last year? I swear they said the same exact thing. Guess I can look forward to running more Hammer Stations!!

To be fair you are not obliged to always do Hammer Station or Red Reaper, you can roll all 30 Flash Points and do what you want. I like HS cause its damn easy and I am just farming for gear, and even for that I do select 10 other FPs instead of going direct to it. People will always choose the easy way if given the choice, and this gear grind makes it damn easy to do any FP you want. So if you are fed up in running HS or RR you really cannot blame it on Keith or BW, as in reality you have the choice to do all the other 30 or so FPs and actually omit HS from the list. I mostly PvP in the game so for me any FP is a headache, but hey since our drops are still bad, I am still getting 294/302 gear even though I am 306 on all eights, I have to do some PvE for that BIS mod or enhancement.

So what I don't see is any mention of crafting.... which is unacceptable to me.

The number of completely broken, unbalanced, or just plain ludicrous things goiing on with crafting would never be tolerated in combat mechanics, or a flashpoint, yet they are completely unaddressed in crafting.

Here's a laundry list

• Undocumented reductions to critical rate (blue and purple item crit rate is being reduced beyond difficulty modifiers)
  • Broken rewards across multiple mission skills and nodes (returning only fixed portion, not random, resulting in a compounding ~20% inbalance).
  • completely non-functional items (+Critical Amplifiers)
  • Duplicate naming issues (all grade 11 mission skills, and some crafted items)
  • Misnamed items (most premium modifications, listed as being a higher level than their prototype/artifact counterparts)
  • development placeholder text (all new crafted set/tactical items)
  • misreporting of stats (critical and efficiency, and schematic chance).
  • Completely unbalanced schematic pricing (single modifications cost the same to craft as whole set pieces, and both cost more than the same level augments. Reusable biochem is vastly underpriced, and consumable biochem vastly overpriced)
  • Still completely unbalanced mission/node returns in comparison to base component costs
  • Materials Storage bugs that literally erase your materials, or neuter them making them unable to be used normally
  • Materials Storage that is entirely useless to seeing what you have in stock because it does not sort by grade
  • Crafting interface update issues (two separate ones, for left and right panes)
  • Crew Skills Mission window reset issues (most notable when the "Krall's Accord" tactical is worn)
  • and probably a dozen more things that I can't remember just this second.

Ugh oh great another one of these hey.

Look Keith it's cute that you keep trying to reasure us but you can only do this so meny times before we know it's just a bunch of hot air.

Want to prove me wrong then actually do something, fix the classes that are so far behind it's insulting, give maras back their teeth because the fact that the jug is doing the same if not better dps is just wrong on so meny levels we were ment to be the ones that did more damage that was the trade off for not being able to tank and have less armor why are they doing more then us.

Fix healers PLZ fix healers sorcs are so bad right now compaired to ops and mercs it's just a desgrace.

Edited by Darkchip

[*]Game Update 6.1 – Many of you had the chance to check out the Alderaan Stronghold and the upcoming class changes on PTS, and we really appreciate the feedback you provided. I am happy to announce (barring any emergencies), Game Update 6.1 will launch on Tuesday, February 11th.

[*]Game Update 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 – Our next two game updates are currently scheduled to be pretty quick on the heels of 6.1. You should expect to see these updates in the next couple of months after 6.1 is live. They will include some new quality of life changes for Conquests, more class changes, Master Mode Dxun, and more! Stay tuned to the PTS forum for more details on specifically what is coming in each update.

So 6.1 on Feb 11th, then 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 in a "couple of months" after 6.1 is live?

Please can you detail the "quality of life improvements" for Conquest that you mentioned instead of changing such a fundamental part of the game expecting us to enjoy the surprise. Surely by now you've seen how that plays out.

Suggestions

• A major "quality of life improvement" would be if you gave us a top 10 scores by legacy so that people who play on multiple characters get the props they deserve. So each row of the top 10 is a different person's legacy e.g. all their character scores in that guild totaled up. In other words, 1 row per account instead of 1 row per character.
  • Add a conquest message to the guild log "Your guild took 1st/3rd/26th position on Iokath with 3,600,400 points"
  • Swap from 3 planets each week to 9, have 3 yields for each planet
  • Add an option to turn off the "This planet was conquered by XYZ guild" gold plate

Are these fixes part of the update?:

• Change the conquest end time back to Monday so guilds that do their own rewards have more than 1 hour to do that
  • Conquest panel guild score not being in sync with the score shown in the guild top 10
  • Character scores not registering when they have gone just over 50k
  • Character scores not updating until they have logged in twice or they earn points during the current week: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=974819
  • Top 10 character scoreboard not showing results from previous week
  • Crafting Inventor objective not registering items if they finish crafting while logged out: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=974819
  • Lack of rampages
  • Training Customer Services and publicly posting a clear explanation of the conquest system and ensuring the game itself sticks to it. An example of this is how several CS agents tell people they can not get rewards if they joined the guild after the CQ week has started (which is a stupid rule). In-game we see the opposite of this as someone can join on Sunday, smash out their 50k and get their rewards on Tuesday. That is good and should be the way it works, do not change this!
  • Total lack of transparency about the conquest schedule. Eric used to post it every now and then but stopped by stating the system was now random. Those who know where to look can see that you actually meant it is randomly generated in one big block for several months ahead. Please return to officially posting it so guilds can plan their activities properly.
  • Fix the "Current Conquerors" panel so it stops losing guild names when you scroll: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=967382

Add a conquest message to the guild log "Your guild took 1st/3rd/26th position on Iokath with 3,600,400 points"

Nay. As a guild leader, I pay attention to what the log offers now for keeping track of invitees, quits, when my officers set perks, etc., I sure as heck don't want the log junked up with extraneous stuff to have to wade through.

Edited by xordevoreaux

So 6.1 on Feb 11th, then 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 in a "couple of months" after 6.1 is live?

The undertone of impatience in your post suggests you labor under the impression that there's a sea of office cubes in a big room somewhere at EA housing dozens upon dozens of programmers and content developers at their keyboards toiling away on just SWTOR...

I suspect there's 6, maybe 8 full-time dedicated SWTOR coders, and that's being generous. If they have more working full-time on SWTOR at the code level than that, the rate at which updates occur certainly isn't reflective of that, certainly not on a game that they decided is best left buried on page 7 of their software offerings on their website while apparently in the middle of developing an EVE knock-off.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I agree this is vague but he obviously revealed all he can. I still find the game fun and look forward to the new story parts. Eric said it'd start with 6.1 but maybe it got pushed back. I'm happy to continue leveling my characters while I wait. Plenty to do imo as even replaying a class gets you more content if you play it differently.

• Dev Post
I agree this is vague but he obviously revealed all he can. I still find the game fun and look forward to the new story parts. Eric said it'd start with 6.1 but maybe it got pushed back. I'm happy to continue leveling my characters while I wait. Plenty to do imo as even replaying a class gets you more content if you play it differently.

Thanks Luke. My intention was to say hi, let you know SWTOR will be around for years to come, that we’ve had a lot of fun this past quarter with Onslaught, and now it’s time to move forward with 2020 starting with Game Update 6.1. So, scrapping my old post, here’s my new one:

• Hi
  • SWTOR will be around for years to come (cuz we’re planning to release something big for our 10th anniversary)
  • Onslaught continues to be a lot of fun, but we need to start providing updates – so on Feb 11th, we’ll release 6.1 (but that’s only one of many in 2020).
  • Will get you more details about upcoming releases
  • Hope to see you at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, CA

😊

---Keith---

Greetings.

It is really amazing to see the game alive (more than ever in my opinion).

The story so far is breathtaking for real... i only wish that the Devs will be pushing story updates (and not only) more often.

Too bad i can't join the Celebration due to the very long distance (10,629 km) , but i will be there spiritually.

Keep up the amazing work you're doing ^^

Thanks Luke. My intention was to say hi, let you know SWTOR will be around for years to come, that we’ve had a lot of fun this past quarter with Onslaught, and now it’s time to move forward with 2020 starting with Game Update 6.1. So, scrapping my old post, here’s my new one:

• Hi
  • SWTOR will be around for years to come (cuz we’re planning to release something big for our 10th anniversary)
  • Onslaught continues to be a lot of fun, but we need to start providing updates – so on Feb 11th, we’ll release 6.1 (but that’s only one of many in 2020).

😊

---Keith---

Many players are concerned since they feeling lack of content to play. And this lacking comes from unfair rewarding system where there are no mats or other carrots for doing team ranked, solo ranked, NiM ops etc while flash points (specifically hummer station or redreaper) granting fast gearing progression. Returning back to mats/fast gearing progression for running end game content could help players to vary the content they play.

• Hi

😊

---Keith---

Wow, sounds a bit salty...But whatever. Glad we will get the Alderaan stronghold and i still hope we will get an Odessen stronghold next.

However, a game staying online and getting content to keep and grow its player base are not the same, i think you know that. SWTOR is still a very fun game, but it needs more content updates. Waiting a year or more for the next drop of story related content is not enough to keep the players.

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

Thought I’d hop in and add a bit about the story elements in our upcoming releases. I’ll spoiler tag anything that I think might be too specific, but if you want to know absolutely nothing, maybe just skip this post entirely :)

Game Update 6.1 will include a small story beat around the size of Hearts and Minds. Specifically, this will be about checking in with the newly-formed factional groups – Task Force Nova for Republic players, and the Hand for Imperials – and making some initial decisions to guide them as they’re getting ramped up (including Saboteur options for those so inclined). For Imperials, this also means meeting your new liaison, Darth Rivix – he was a lot of fun to write, so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s reactions.

The update will also include a few other small scenes, including:

• A check-in with Kira and Scourge, setting up the story for Game Update 6.2 (more on that below)
  • Troopers will have a 1-on-1 with Elara Dorne
  • Agents will have a 1-on-1 with Vector
  • And lastly…
    characters on each side will get small hints at what’s going on with Darth Malgus from two different perspectives

As Keith mentioned, 6.1 will be followed by 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. After that, our next story beat will come in Game Update 6.2: The One Where Crazy Stuff Happens*. Since it’s still in the works and a bit further out, I won’t go into nearly as much detail, and I’m going to put just about everything in spoiler tags just in case. But the TL;DR is that 6.2 will deal directly with the situation Kira and Scourge bring to light at the end of Onslaught.

*Definitely the final, confirmed update name.

Specifically, 6.2 will deal with Satele Shan, her followers, and whatever is up with Tenebrae’s last weapon/ritual/nefarious plan…

• Just to get it out of the way: no, Valkorion isn’t becoming the main villain of the game again.
  • That said, I am hoping to include several faces we haven’t seen in a while.
  • While the story of this update was introduced as an epilogue to Onslaught, I actually view it as more of an epilogue to Knights of the Eternal Throne.
  • I have actually seen at least one person on the internet guess a few of the crazier details, so enjoy debating who’s on the right track :)
  • Seriously, it’s gonna get weird, so buckle up!

Beyond that, in addition to the content, features, and quality-of-life improvements Keith mentioned that we’re looking to add past 6.1.2 and 6.2, you can expect the storyline that started with Jedi Under Siege and Onslaught to continue through our updates the rest of this year and beyond. After all, we’re in our ninth year, and our tenth anniversary is just around the corner--a very exciting time for SWTOR to be sure!

:mon_cool:

Hey folks!

Thought I’d hop in and add a bit about the story elements in our upcoming releases. I’ll spoiler tag anything that I think might be too specific, but if you want to know absolutely nothing, maybe just skip this post entirely :)

Game Update 6.1 will include a small story beat around the size of Hearts and Minds. Specifically, this will be about checking in with the newly-formed factional groups – Task Force Nova for Republic players, and the Hand for Imperials – and making some initial decisions to guide them as they’re getting ramped up (including Saboteur options for those so inclined). For Imperials, this also means meeting your new liaison, Darth Rivix – he was a lot of fun to write, so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s reactions.

• A check-in with Kira and Scourge, setting up the story for Game Update 6.2 (more on that below)
  • And lastly…
    characters on each side will get small hints at what’s going on with Darth Malgus from two different perspectives

As Keith mentioned, 6.1 will be followed by 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. After that, our next story beat will come in Game Update 6.2: The One Where Crazy Stuff Happens*. Since it’s still in the works and a bit further out, I won’t go into nearly as much detail, and I’m going to put just about everything in spoiler tags just in case. But the TL;DR is that 6.2 will deal directly with the situation Kira and Scourge bring to light at the end of Onslaught.

Specifically, 6.2 will deal with Satele Shan, her followers, and whatever is up with Tenebrae’s last weapon/ritual/nefarious plan…

• Just to get it out of the way: no, Valkorion isn’t becoming the main villain of the game again.
  • While the story of this update was introduced as an epilogue to Onslaught, I actually view it as more of an epilogue to Knights of the Eternal Throne.
  • I have actually seen at least one person on the internet guess a few of the crazier details, so enjoy debating who’s on the right track :)

Beyond that, in addition to the content, features, and quality-of-life improvements Keith mentioned that we’re looking to add past 6.1.2 and 6.2, you can expect the storyline that started with Jedi Under Siege and Onslaught to continue through our updates the rest of this year and beyond. After all, we’re in our ninth year, and our tenth anniversary is just around the corner--a very exciting time for SWTOR to be sure!

Thanks! What about the romance with Arn Peralun. Glad there is a story for the saboteurs, since 90% of my imperials characters went that route!.

Edited by casirabit

Hey folks!

• And lastly…

Very interesting, I am looking forward to experiencing all of that.