What, specifically, is CLASS STORY MISSIONS?

horatio_picard

My educated(?) guess is that subscribers get 12x (!!!!) experience for class missions only..So, not world, not pvp, not fp, etc. But just the class missions (maybe 4 or so per planet) only. Would you concur?

It's just story missions. But that alone should be enough to get you most of a level per mission anyway.

• Dev Post
My educated(?) guess is that subscribers get 12x (!!!!) experience for class missions only..So, not world, not pvp, not fp, etc. But just the class missions (maybe 4 or so per planet) only. Would you concur?

That is correct, it is only Class Story Missions. You will not get that experience bonus for any other types of missions while you are leveling. The only "sort of" exception to this is when you enter Makeb. Chapter 4's main storyline across the planet will count as a Class mission for the sake of this bonus.

TLDR - Class Story Missions until Makeb and then the main Chapter 4 storyline on Makeb.

-eric

That is correct, it is only Class Story Missions. You will not get that experience bonus for any other types of missions while you are leveling. The only "sort of" exception to this is when you enter Makeb. Chapter 4's main storyline across the planet will count as a Class mission for the sake of this bonus.

TLDR - Class Story Missions until Makeb and then the main Chapter 4 storyline on Makeb.

-eric

Eric, is the bonus supposed to apply to the bonus missions you get whilst in a class mission (ex. kill 10 bla bla bla)?

so when does this 12x xp gain start? When you preorder or on december 2nd?

The site says instantly from moment of pre-order up through December 1st, so long as you are an active subscriber.

Posts have confirmed that people are seeing 167k xp from a Belsalvis mission.

The XP bonus is live now.

My question: Do you get even more XP from the legacy and consumable boosts or is it just a flat 12x?

From the official page:

" Legacy Class XP perks and Cartel Market Class XP consumables do not stack on top of this boost. Guild XP bonuses and General XP consumables from the Cartel Market do stack on top of this boost. The Class Experience Boost is only effective while you are in active subscription status during the pre-order period. "

The XP bonus is live now.

My question: Do you get even more XP from the legacy and consumable boosts or is it just a flat 12x?

From the FAQ

The Class Experience Boost is immediately effective for all players with an active subscription status and who have also pre-ordered the Shadow of Revan Digital Expansion during the pre-order period ending December 1, 2014, at 11:59PM PST / December 2, 2014, at 7:59AM GMT. Players receive a boost to the amount of XP gained from Class missions, allowing them to advance to Level 55 at an expedited rate while enjoying their Class story missions (the exact multiplier is 12.32). Legacy Class XP perks and Cartel Market Class XP consumables do not stack on top of this boost. Guild XP bonuses and General XP consumables from the Cartel Market do stack on top of this boost. The Class Experience Boost is only effective while you are in active subscription status during the pre-order period.

This is the best thing i have hard ever for swtor, now i can enjoy the story without all the other stuff that you had to do to get enough xp to level, that diluted the story!

Again now I just enjoy the class stories and finally level up alts (since i hated repeating the planet and misc quests).

Though I do think that people should play all the quests on their first character to experience it.

Now if they just sold this as an item after the limited time ends, i think people would buy it.

I've been preordered for about 2-2.5 hrs.. I've exited completely out and restarted multiple times. How does the buff show up? It's not showing up on my 51.. and I want him to 55 before I start my next one.
There's no buff or any other indication.

It only counts for class missions and Makeb storyline missions.

You are just rewarded the extra XP.

You'll see it in your quest rewards window.

A lvl 14 class mission showed ~4k for me before.

After pre-ordering, it shows ~54k.

Edited by Rankyn

There's no buff or any other indication.

It only counts for class missions and Makeb storyline missions.

You are just rewarded the extra XP.

You'll see it in your quest rewards window.

A lvl 14 class mission showed ~4k for me before.

After pre-ordering, it shows ~54k.

Reading is hard, dawg. :p

Don't want the XP boost, don't pre-order.

Except you also lose out on the 7 days of early access. Why would they make the class leveling boost mandatory? Why not simply make it a consumable on a 30 day timer? How freaking hard would that have been? Some of us actually enjoying playing our characters and don't want to fast-forward through 55 levels of play. Mandatory power-leveling.....ridiculous.