Fix ALL Flashpoints for 7.0

Skipping mobs is fine, however I do think that the Stealth to the next checkpoint and have everyone suicide is kind of an exploit. Is that being fixed now however since stealth classes don't leave combat by cloaking out once 7.0 launches?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skipping mobs is fine, however I do think that the Stealth to the next checkpoint and have everyone suicide is kind of an exploit. Is that being fixed now however since stealth classes don't leave combat by cloaking out once 7.0 launches?

From my knowledge that is only for using vanish type abilities while already in combat - which doesn't alert mobs to you, but rather keeps you in combat so you cant use stealth res or other abilities that can only be used out of combat. I don't think it will effect stealthing past mobs while not in combat.

For some reason people think I'm attacking stealth mechanics and use of cc to get past trash mobs, I'm not. This is 100% not exploiting (though a lot of other mmos make it so most mobs have stealth detection in the dungeons), but it's using stealth to abuse the checkpoints where it becomes an exploit and ruins the content. Sitting around waiting to kill yourself is not content.

My other concerns are with some of the terrain usage, where players are getting to areas that were not intended to skip mobs - there is a reason so many people struggle with the ledge jump in Athiss: players were not intended to get onto that ledge, which is why so many get stuck or struggle with it/spend way too much time on it when the mobs down the stairs might take an extra 30 seconds to just clear; this game is not known for it's platforming - exploits that revolve around it are some of the worst because of how bad the platforming is.

Quaker had a good explanation of the cadimemu exploit - any exploit like these should 100% be patched up.

I personally think a lot of the mobs have too short of aggro range, but never meant that strategically running past them is an exploit - just that they are too easy to run past.

I also want to reiterate that I am not advocating forcing players to do full clears. I have never said this. Wanting exploits patched up in no way entails a full clear.

As I've said numerous times, flashpoints that take 10min when others are 30min in a lvl sync based gearing system ruin the group finder experience and results in everyone running the same flashpoints over and over again to maximize rewards.

Edited by Phaedruss

.... Athiss...

The only thing that needs to be fixed in Athiss skip is that glitch where you fall through the floor and can't /stuck out of it, happens very often if you didn't execute the jump properly.

flashpoints that take 10min when others are 30min in a lvl sync based gearing system ruin the group finder experience and results in everyone running the same flashpoints over and over again to maximize rewards.

True, but this can be addressed by providing better rewards for more difficult and longer FP and letting people play how they want at the same time. Even if everything will be "fixed" in the way you want it to be people will still spam HS: it's short, has almost 0 cutscenes, easy boss mechanics, and while the trash fights can be hard, if your group did well on the first corner pull you know this is going to be a smooth run.

The only thing that needs to be fixed in Athiss skip is that glitch where you fall through the floor and can't /stuck out of it, happens very often if you didn't execute the jump properly.

True, but this can be addressed by providing better rewards for more difficult and longer FP and letting people play how they want at the same time. Even if everything will be "fixed" in the way you want it to be people will still spam HS: it's short, has almost 0 cutscenes, easy boss mechanics, and while the trash fights can be hard, if your group did well on the first corner pull you know this is going to be a smooth run.

You make some solid points.

I think a mix of fixing the really big exploits like checkpoint res, creating better rewards for bonuses, and what you've suggested would be a good way to make group finder more varied and create incentive to actually run them.