Thread: [Slicing] Slicing and...
View Single Post

Econometrix
04.19.2021 , 01:35 PM | #1
I am looking to level crew skills for an alt (an operative) and want him to have slicing to support augment generation by another alt with synthweaving. However, I am not sure what to combine with slicing. I would like to take a crafting skill and for this skill to be useful for the character. Three options spring to mind:

1. Armstech:
PROs: Can create barrels and accuracy and overkill augments.
CONs: I read that weapons created are generally worse than gear obtainable from heroics.

2. Cybertech:
PROs: Can create mods, enhancements, grenades, and ship parts. Slicing produces a handful of cybertech schematics.
CONs: I have read that earpieces created are generally worse than gear obtainable from heroics.

3. Armormech:
PROs: Can create armorings and absorb, shield, and versatile augments.
CONs: I have read that armor created is generally worse than gear obtainable from heroics. While my main is a tank spec (juggernaut), he uses dps item modifications, so armormech augments would be of limited use to him.

All three options would ostensibly be paired with scavenging. The value of investigation for armstech or underworld trading for cybertech or armormech over scavenging is unclear to me.

Overall, I am leaning toward armstech or cybertech. However, any thoughts on the relative usefulness of the above choices for my operative would be greatly appreciated.