The Pirate Incursion In-Game Event

DanielSteed

• Dev Post
Today we published more specific details about the Pirate Incursion in-game event taking place on Dantooine! Event timing, rewards, gameplay, and more can be found here. Game Update 5.10.3 'The Dantooine Incursion' will be going live on June 4th, 2019! Edited by DanielSteed

Since Dantooine was a in-lore source of lightsaber crystals, can you add some crystals as purchasable items.

Actually, providing schematics for the crystals that you used to be able to reverse engineer, but can't any more, would be really nice.

Will my Commando or Smuggler be forced to become a Jedi and be absolutely fine with it? Will either of them be asked what planet they're from with only a single option available as a reply, specifically one I never heard of before? Will we as players randomly stumble upon a crime scene investigation involving a couple of nitwits and asked to solve it on the spot through sheer guesswork? Will there be a hidden companion on our ship who can't speak Basic?

Don't mind me folks. Just making fun of KOTOR. :p

Edited by ForfiniteStories

I have two questions.

Will there be a Star Map? The one that was visited by Revan and Malak.

Will there be a crystal cave? The one that was visited by The Exile.

Thats what I wanna see again.

I am more worried about how lazy the rewards are.. Seems like they are focused only on making cool CM items.

The only reason I ever bothered with the other events is because I wanted to get some item, but in this case there is nothing... nothing at all that is worth bothering for me.

I am more worried about how lazy the rewards are.. Seems like they are focused only on making cool CM items.

The only reason I ever bothered with the other events is because I wanted to get some item, but in this case there is nothing... nothing at all that is worth bothering for me.

It was always like that. All of the cool stuff came from CM, except for sets and weapons from ranked in S3 and Nightlife/Ilum event.

Does anyone know how much "spoilery" the event will be for those who haven't played KOTFE, KOTET etc.? The preview makes it clear that some parts will be aimed at post-Ossus people, but that you could do some things even without that. But what I am most interested in is the story aspect. Will it be sensible to do it with people who haven't even seen the expansions?

Does anyone know how much "spoilery" the event will be for those who haven't played KOTFE, KOTET etc.? The preview makes it clear that some parts will be aimed at post-Ossus people, but that you could do some things even without that. But what I am most interested in is the story aspect. Will it be sensible to do it with people who haven't even seen the expansions?

Ohh I wouldn't worry about that.

KOTFE and KOTET spoil themselves.

:D

I always start with the characters that have done the story line first, though not sure Dantooine will have much story at least not from the PTS but then again they don't do a lot of the story lines on the PTS.

Looking forward to the whine threads when this releases. I can just imagine all the QQ from high expectations already. That's it? 30 minutes of quests? I waited all these years for Dantooine and there's no epic story? No Pazaak? I played Pazaak there in KOTOR2! It's not pink?! It's supposed to be pink! It was pink in SWG the holy grail of Star Wars games!

Looking forward to the whine threads when this releases. I can just imagine all the QQ from high expectations already. That's it? 30 minutes of quests? I waited all these years for Dantooine and there's no epic story? No Pazaak? I played Pazaak there in KOTOR2! It's not pink?! It's supposed to be pink! It was pink in SWG the holy grail of Star Wars games!

It was purple not pink p. Was my guild disappointed yea but fussing na, not worth it.

Edited by casirabit

Well, I mean, the rewards seem pretty lackluster, lol. The armor sets may actually be inferior to the ones you get while just leveling up your character, lol. Not sure about the Ugnaughts, etc. but I kind of think rewards are a big thing when it comes to repeatable content...

Absolutely agreed, there is absolutely no effort put into either the Homesteader or Novablade Gunner sets. If content is going to be so few and far between, I expect something worth subscribing for - If this is the quality I can expect after however many months, even less than the 'bare minimum', then I don't think I'll bother supporting this until actual effort is made.

Absolutely agreed, there is absolutely no effort put into either the Homesteader or Novablade Gunner sets. If content is going to be so few and far between, I expect something worth subscribing for - If this is the quality I can expect after however many months, even less than the 'bare minimum', then I don't think I'll bother supporting this until actual effort is made.

is there someplace that has the sets shown?

edit:

never mind. i found a video. sad...but they are two less thing i need to worry about getting.

Edited by Qouivandes

Well, I mean, the rewards seem pretty lackluster, lol. The armor sets may actually be inferior to the ones you get while just leveling up your character, lol. Not sure about the Ugnaughts, etc. but I kind of think rewards are a big thing when it comes to repeatable content...

Personally, I never really find too much that I like in the daily areas as far as rewards/vendor in daily areas.

I think tho that they probably saw the success of Ossus and how it has continued to draw lots of players there for the WBs and gearing applications. I think it's likely they will have some kind of WB dealy in the new event to draw people to that as well. Might not offer gearing things, but it could offer alternate ways of getting MWCs or UCs with which people could than go over to Ossus and use there for gearing purposes.

If they were smart, that's the move. We'll see tho.

Worse case scenario, still new content.

Personally, I never really find too much that I like in the daily areas as far as rewards/vendor in daily areas.

I think tho that they probably saw the success of Ossus and how it has continued to draw lots of players there for the WBs and gearing applications. I think it's likely they will have some kind of WB dealy in the new event to draw people to that as well. Might not offer gearing things, but it could offer alternate ways of getting MWCs or UCs with which people could than go over to Ossus and use there for gearing purposes.

If they were smart, that's the move. We'll see tho.

Worse case scenario, still new content.

I really liked how they did Section-X when it was first introduced. I can still speed run the dailies in 13.5 mins (not including the 4 man).

Today we published more specific details about the Pirate Incursion in-game event taking place on Dantooine! Event timing, rewards, gameplay, and more can be found here. Game Update 5.10.3 'The Dantooine Incursion' will be going live on May 28th, 2019!

Thanks for info Daniel. When will we get more information on the summer event you all mentioned at the Cantina? Hoping for a chance to get Master Ranos again.