PAX Cantina - Important Update: Revised Plan

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We wanted to give you an update on a change of plans around our Seattle Cantina, planned to happen around PAX Prime. As we have been looking at our schedule, we feel that as we are just a few short months from Fallen Empire’s launch, it is really important that we focus our resources internally. Our goal is to deliver a AAA-quality expansion and we need to allow the team to put their focus on development priorities, to put all resources into making Knights of the Fallen Empire the best it can be. With that in mind, we have decided to cancel our on-site PAX Seattle Cantina in favor of a livestream event – this allows us to have our team participate without the necessity of traveling cross-country.

However, we know that Cantinas are often a place where players look to get time to talk with developers, get new information, and acquire some event-exclusive swag. We still want to deliver on those expectations and live up to the spirit of the Cantina event experience. So, in lieu of the Seattle Cantina, we are going to host a livestream on Wednesday, August 26th.

Here are some of the things you can expect to be included as part of the stream:

• A live gameplay play-thru of a chapter from the new Digital Expansion: Knights of the Fallen Empire
  • The team to answer questions via chat throughout the stream
  • A shareable link for a 2015 Cantina Tour Pack, which includes the Prinawe Aggregate (a vehicle available exclusively via the livestream) and another random item!
  • Plus, a first reveal of a familiar face who will be returning to SWTOR in Knights of the Fallen Empire

I know that some of you may have been looking to book your travel or hotel stay in Seattle for the Cantina, so we wanted to get this information out as soon as possible. As of this post we will be removing Seattle from the pre-registration list to avoid any confusion. Thanks everyone!

We hope to see you on the stream next month.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

[*]Plus, a first “reveal” of a familiar face who will be returning to SWTOR in Knights of the Fallen Empire

-eric

THEROOOOOON!!!!

Nah, it'll probably be Lana's new face.

*Tries not to get hopes up*

*fails miserably as I fangirl at the possibility*

THERON!!!

Edited by Amadahy

Thanks for telling us about it! Nice to hear that at least the Gamescom cantina tour was not cancelled, and I'm looking forward to the livestream! Especially that we're going to see KotFE gameplay. :D Though I guess it will just be chapter 3, the same gameplay they showed during their E3 press demo, where we already know most of the story.

Plus, a first “reveal” of a familiar face who will be returning to SWTOR in Knights of the Fallen Empire

Could this be Theron Shan? Here's hoping... ;)

Edited by Jerba

Nice to see you hate us here in the pacific northwest. You never loved us, I'm going to my room /crai

you're not my real father!

So for those of us in the PNW, will you give us all something extra special to make up for breaking our hearts and dashing our dreams?

Edited by ikinai

Awesome then we can watch aswell that can not attend the Cantina events :tran_grin:

There won't be a PAX Cantina event. It looks like they are just doing this because they planned to use the Cantina Event to hype FE. No Cantina Event, but still need to hype.

Edited by Psychopyro

Nice to see you hate us here in the pacific northwest. You never loved us, I'm going to my room /crai

you're not my real father!

So for those of us in the PNW, will you give us all something extra special to make up for breaking our hearts and dashing our dreams?

:p

suck it up buttercup...I live in IOWA! best I get is someones cantina code that's "made the rounds".

Better to have scheduled and cancelled then never scheduled at all?

and to top it off....work tends to frown on me watching a whole live stream...I may just have to take my chances though.

Edited by DOHboy

I've heard this from a friend, though he hasn't cared about this game for years so I've no idea how or where he came across this information.

There's a deleted scene from the Sacrifice trailer showing someone who looks suspiciously like Malgus frozen in carbonite being presented by the twins to their father.

Malgus better not show up in KOTFE.

He's been dead for three years. That station exploded with him on it. Following the route of WoW and constantly - and contrivedly - resurrecting dead characters leads down a dark, dark path.

Malgus is dead. End of discussion.

If you want to have his ruined body frozen in carbonite, fine. But if he gets thawed, all that better fall out is a rotten corpse.

Edited by Diviciacus

August 26 is when KotFE will be revealed to be rated M, and also when the age gate is going up on swtor.com

there are dreams, BS, and then there is this.

please stop spouting off BS as fact, its unbecoming and out right wrong. People read these forums and may in fact take this as something that IS going to happen. When in fact its a personal delusion and not based in any sort of reality.

please stop.

• Dev Post
Any idea what time it'll be for the LiveStream?

We are still working on all of the details, but it will likely be later in the day Pacific time. We want to make sure that, since it was intended to be a west coast event, that the stream time is especially targeted at that time zone.

Once I know for sure we will post the details!

-eric

We are still working on all of the details, but it will likely be later in the day Pacific time. We want to make sure that, since it was intended to be a west coast event, that the stream time is especially targeted at that time zone.

Once I know for sure we will post the details!

-eric

Awesome, thanks for the info Eric :)