Ability to Create/Unlock a Personal Guild with Offline Invite for Alts Please

Sarova

As title really. There are quite a few of us who would like the ability to create a personal guild* for our mains and many, many, many alts. I would throw rl money at this and so would many in this thread.

I think a Cartel Market item which allows creation of a person guild which allows us to offline invite other characters on our legacy would be great. Make it a similar price to the Master's Datacron.

*Anyone who posts about defeating the object of a guild - yeah, no. Some of us do not want that level of "social". Having a personal guild is the one thing I miss from that other MMO I played for over a decade. And it's not that easy to make one in swtor unless you have a second computer and trust someone enough to help you invite all your alts in. A Cartel Market unlock would be ideal.

Edited by Sarova

/signed.

While we have a bit more than two, we are picky about who joins and I don't see a problem for this. It isn't taking away from anyone because most of the people that like a personal guild is not going to join another guild anyways.

Side Note: I would also like to be able to combine guilds and while I know some don't like it that is fine but I came from SWG where we were able to combine both factions and for those that like it we didn't have a problem with it. Just an idea.

I have vanity guilds (personal guilds) on every sever, and I have multiple accounts and two machines, so I'm one half of any group needing to create a guild before I must advertise for help, so while not ideal, it's better than the six people you need to be in a group in Everquest 2 to accomplish the same thing, but at least with EQ2, I can have six different account instances running simultaneously on the same computer to accomplish the task and I've done that a couple of times.

I've often advocated for standing guild invites to be a thing, but I don't see that feature if ever implemented contributing to the actual creation of a guild. I think there's pretty much a lock on that process because right now that's a nice simple implementation -- four people in a group, leader of the group becomes guild leader, done.

As to "combining" guilds I don't know whether you mean to imply taking two existing guilds and merging them, something that might get sticky (but which I've also advocated before in the past) or if you simply mean dual-faction guilds like EQ2 where both factions can be invited over time to the same guild.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I have vanity guilds (personal guilds) on every sever, and I have multiple accounts and two machines, so I'm one half of any group needing to create a guild before I must advertise for help, so while not ideal, it's better than the six people you need to be in a group in Everquest 2 to accomplish the same thing, but at least with EQ2, I can have six different account instances running simultaneously on the same computer to accomplish the task and I've done that a couple of times.

I've often advocated for standing guild invites to be a thing, but I don't see that feature if ever implemented contributing to the actual creation of a guild. I think there's pretty much a lock on that process because right now that's a nice simple implementation -- four people in a group, leader of the group becomes guild leader, done.

As to "combining" guilds I don't know whether you mean to imply taking two existing guilds and merging them, something that might get sticky (but which I've also advocated before in the past) or if you simply mean dual-faction guilds like EQ2 where both factions can be invited over time to the same guild.

What I am suggesting is taking one imp guild and one republic guild and creating one guild from both instead of having to have one empire and one republic guild because in our cases all the members of both guilds are the same people and we were used to that as we came from SWG.

What I am suggesting is taking one imp guild and one republic guild and creating one guild from both instead of having to have one empire and one republic guild because in our cases all the members of both guilds are the same people and we were used to that as we came from SWG.

If the same account holder is leader of both guilds I see no problem from a situational standpoint. Who can say from a technical standpoint.