Please add a toggle to remove [Flirt]...

Lividcalm

To the Dev's:

When you add more romance options in future patches, please give us a Toggle to turn off this "feature" completely. Many of us do NOT want these in the first place.

Personally, and I am not alone, I see no place for all the flirt/romance options in a Star Wars MMO, but if others want it that is fine. However, for those of us that do not want these options at least give us the ability to turn this off entirely.

While there are those who want and enjoy these [Flirt] options, there are just as many of us who do not need nor want a "dating" mechanic in our MMO's. This is not a dig, just the truth. Some of us see this as useless and trivial, and does nothing to enhance gameplay.

It's bad enough that as it is I might lose a response that would otherwise gain companion affection, so please do not make it so I lose even more by putting in to many of these; Or give us a toggle to turn off flirt options entirely; Or make this option an RP server only option, as this feature really is only for RP purposes.

Thanks.

I suppose you could just.... I don't know.... not click on Flirt?

Guess you skipped last para. :rolleyes:

It's bad enough that as it is I might lose a response that would otherwise gain companion affection, so please do not make it so I lose even more by putting in to many of these; Or give us a toggle to turn off flirt options entirely; Or make this option an RP server only option, as this feature really is only for RP purposes.

if you don't like it. don't click it. really, do you believe new little Jedi babies come from the amazing space stork?

No but I believe responses like this are that of a troll who didn't read nor comprehend what I was saying.

Have a nice day.

If you want to get affection up, and don't want to flirt... buy companion gifts maybe?

I am aware of companion gifts. If you read you would have seen that what I don't want are responses removed or over-written that could gain me affection all to put in a flirt option. :rolleyes:

Ok first of all. U can get affection with Gifts, second u dont have to click on the [Flirt Option], an third this is one of the signature thinghs in Bioware games, take Dragon Age for example. And i dont know whats bothering u loosing like 40-100 affection by not chossing a [Flirt] option its not a big deal u get that with 1-2 gifts. If u are trying to max the affection without expending some cash or time in mission then its not a matter that Dev should fix. Its like: "Oh plz remove Dark and Light side desicions because i dont like that my companion doesnt like my decisions.". Also this is not only a MMO its MMORPG so if there are dialogs u dont have to like all of them but can chose.

To the Dev's:

When you add more romance options in future patches, please give us a Toggle to turn off this "feature" completely. Many of us do NOT want these in the first place.

Personally, and I am not alone, I see no place for all the flirt/romance options in a Star Wars MMO, but if others want it that is fine. However, for those of us that do not want these options at least give us the ability to turn this off entirely.

While there are those who want and enjoy these [Flirt] options, there are just as many of us who do not need nor want a "dating" mechanic in our MMO's. This is not a dig, just the truth. Some of us see this as useless and trivial, and does nothing to enhance gameplay.

Thanks.

Hello,

The world is full of diverse people. There will be those who enjoy opposite gender relationships, those who enjoy same gender relationships, and those who are- for lack of a better term- asexual, and prefer no romantic component to their stories.

Just as I would not tell a same-sex affiliated proponent to live with a system that does not appeal to him or her, I would not tell an asexual person to just live with a system that they do not enjoy.

It harms me not at all to give this man a voice. If his request is implemented, it also harms me not one whit. So I say grant him his voice, and advocate for his option. He wants non-romantic storylines with equivelant non-romantic ways to gain companion affection.

I'll +1 and /sign it. If we all support each other's needs rather than getting in each other's way, this will be a better game for all.

there are just as many of us who do not need nor want

And you base this statement off which poll?

Or give us a toggle to turn off flirt options entirely

Pretty sure this won't happen for two reasons.

One Bioware likes putting these kinda things in the game.

Two and much more importantly, there is no way to simply disable a dialog option. You could I suppose mask the flirt options, and limit it to 2 responses. But that would also you'd have less options on increasing your companions affection.

The most you could get, would be the option you already have, not click on them. You couldn't put something in that converts a flirt option into some other sort of dialog choice. Doing so would require additional dialog and voice over work simply because someone doesn't want to pick a given option.

Be no different then asking for a toggle that converts all LS or DS options in to the other type.

So...confusing...just...don't click it! It should only belong on RP servers?! ALL DIALOGUE OPTIONS ARE RP.

If you don't like to RP anyway, think of the flirt option as the "press number 3 and watch companion affection increase" button, and continue to spacebar through the dialogue. Who cares if code and pixels supposedly "flirt" back with you then?

What a horrible idea. You're basically saying "Take away the options I don't like and give me more options to power-level my affection".

Why not just ask them to give you an option to max your affection with one button? If you're going to ask for things to be handed to you, might as well go big.

Mass Effect didn't have the companion affection / crafting mechanic.

Bad troll, back to your cave.

You really need to learn what a troll is.

troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Somebody who posts a response to a post of yours who simply disagrees with you is not a troll.

Also, the [FLIRT] options are just that -- options. Yes, you will increase your affection with companions you romance more quickly. I see no problem with this.

Also, RP isn't limited to RP servers. This is an MMORPG.

Hello,

The world is full of diverse people. There will be those who enjoy opposite gender relationships, those who enjoy same gender relationships, and those who are- for lack of a better term- asexual, and prefer no romantic component to their stories.

Just as I would not tell a same-sex affiliated proponent to live with a system that does not appeal to him or her, I would not tell an asexual person to just live with a system that they do not enjoy.

It harms me not at all to give this man a voice. If his request is implemented, it also harms me not one whit. So I say grant him his voice, and advocate for his option. He wants non-romantic storylines with equivelant non-romantic ways to gain companion affection.

I'll +1 and /sign it. If we all support each other's needs rather than getting in each other's way, this will be a better game for all.

Well said. I agree 100%.

Edit: I wouldn't want it restricted to RP only servers though... I don't like to RP with other players, but I do play these types of games because they are RP games. Personally I like the romance component because it's cute and funny. But I can understand why someone might just want to turn off the romance option - makes sense.

Edited by Eysaathe

Man, this is such a silly idea for so many reasons. Say what your companions want to hear and gain affection. Don't say what they want to hear and lose or get no affection. Them's the breaks, kid.

This is, personally, why I lavish my companions with gifts--because I don't want to have to worry about their affection for me overly influencing my dialogue decisions.

Yes please remove the flirt option for all scenes in the game. I find it pathetic that I would even be given the option to flirt with some processor of preconfigured sexual phrases written by some fat guy in his leather recliner from Office Depot. This is one of the reasons that I have considered not playing this game anymore. I go to the companion threads to get information on how to make my companion more affectionate and all of the posts are from weirdos that want to have some sort of an intimate relationship with a computer... That is not entertainment. Entertainment is show me something nice and classy.

This just goes to show the amount of money that was put into the script. As a writer myself, I think this game is kind of cheesy, and I think any true Star Wars fan can admit the story line from the game overall gives a bad rep in comparison with the Trilogy. I find it funny that here we are decades later and the quality has diminished.

So in other words - dedicate more money to the script, fix your writers, (or hire new ones) and put in a feature to toggle out the lame flirt options. Or otherwise - I am leaving as well as many others I know that find these options "so not entertaining."

Oh and by the way. My Light Side Jedi Knight, why does he even have an option to flirt with Kira? I haven't said anything outside what one of the order would say, because plainly - that isn't was a Jedi does. I am kind of upset that she isn't as tough as I would expect her to be - especially considering her reputation. (no more needs to be said to refrain from any spoilers) I want a tough Jedi companion, and not a wannabe Jedi that wants to romance with me.

I read this thread and I remembered the other day when Kira was flirting with me - even though I wasn't flirting with her. As her Jedi master - I wanted to discipline her. I even considered having her put in jail at one point and sticking with my R2-D2, but enough said - I like the light saber moreso than just a pea shooter. I just wish my Padawan would start acting like an actual Jedi and not some valley girl. Even some of her regular speaking options are "not Jedi." C'mon - "let's retire from all of this one day." What kind of a Jedi says that? Please remove her stupid non-Jedi remarks and make her more like a Jedi - or give my Jedi Knight another companion that is another Jedi.

Oh and if you can't do that then I figure you can't control your script writers. If that is the case, good job for giving Star Wars a bad name.

Edited by ZhiesRivell

Ludicrous idea, they're not going to continuously expend time, resources and money in an ongoing effort that will last the games entire lifespan just to create and maintain two different versions of the conversation wheel. All of that could be much better spent elsewhere.

Yes OP I read your whole post, and yes the answer is still 'just don't click on the [flirt] option'.

Edited by Cormey