blizzard is doing it

Exzidus

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they haven't put Colicoid Wargames in the GF-List. And its bugged.

Really? Can you give us a little more detail about the bug, please? I haven't done it for years, because it never pops up in GF, but I rather enjoyed CW back in the day. I especially liked the part where you man the turrets and the bugs come rolling out to be shot up.

If you are stuck inside, why do you want something to be finished quickly, like it isnt already? I think all game companies should use this time to go back to the days where grinding meant something and not cater to the instant gratification crowds.

I just started working on my toons on SS. I would love to see a boost. Sooner I can get all toons up and running, the sooner I can get past this gear grind! :D

Also, I agree with others. Just because that ultra garbo company, known as blizzard, is doing it …… does not mean Swtor has too.

Yes, Blizzard is doing an xp event. SSG has given full access to all content and is running a few different events through the end of April in both LOTRO and DDO (great time to check out those games if you've ever been interested). Other games are doing other things, having sales, running events, etc. It's not a matter of what other games are doing; it's that BioWare has chosen to do nothing. Sure, they're not required to do anything. They're not obligated. They don't have to do something just because other games are. But it is telling that several other games have decided to do something for their community and BioWare has decided, nah. Edited by ceryxp

Yes, Blizzard is doing an xp event. SSG has given full access to all content and is running a few different events through the end of April in both LOTRO and DDO (great time to check out those games if you've ever been interested). Other games are doing other things, having sales, running events, etc. It's not a matter of what other games are doing; it's that BioWare has chosen to do nothing. Sure, they're not required to do anything. They're not obligated. They don't have to do something just because other games are. But it is telling that several other games have decided to do something for their community and BioWare has decided, nah.

i think that just shows which video game companies care and which ones dont.

i think that just shows which video game companies care and which ones dont.

I was surprised to see how both SSG and Blizzard have stepped up and done something for their customers. Some WoW alts I haven't used in a long time can finally get leveled. Now if only LOTRO can figure how a way to undo that god awful mounted combat system. "Horses on skates" is the worst.

As for SWTOR, EA/BW and not caring go hand in hand. However, maybe (I doubt it, but maybe) they'd love to do something, but it's as they say and changing anything in this game isn't a matter of flipping a switch.

Blizzard is doing it so BW should do it too is dumb excuse for anything. That's like saying "Well all my friends smoking so I should too" mentality.

I'm sorry but this is what Blizzard's first ever XP boost. BW has been doing double XP events for years now and multiple times.

When Blizzard has done as many as BW over the years, then I might, might just care. Honestly leveling already is faster in swtor then most other MMOs. Will BW do something, maybe, will it kill me or make me stop playing if they don't, no.

Blizzard is doing it so BW should do it too is dumb excuse for anything. That's like saying "Well all my friends smoking so I should too" mentality.

People naturally take notice of what others do and follow suit if it seems like a good idea. You think this is dumb, or some strange phenomenon? lol.

Blizzard is doing it so BW should do it too is dumb excuse for anything. That's like saying "Well all my friends smoking so I should too" mentality..

I agree with you. I can remember my brother always telling my mom, well my friends are doing it, why can't I. She always told him well if your friends were jumping off the Harbor Bridge (we were in Corpus Christi, Texas and that was the bridge that the freight ships came in the port under), would you?

Edited by casirabit

A lot of MMOs and other games are doing nice things since so many people are playing. This is a good time to bring players back and make them feel appreciated. In the past when we had double xp we also got double rewards. While I couldn't care less about the xp, I certainly wouldn't mind double renown, reputation, social and valor. I would also appreciate a CM sale since we didn't get the annual Black Friday unlock sale last year. I'm likely going to make a lot of new outfits in the next few weeks. Edited by Damask_Rose

I agree with you. I can remember my brother always telling my mom, well my friends are doing it, why can't I. She always told him well if your friends were jumping off the Harbor Bridge (we were in Corpus Christi, Texas and that was the bridge that the freight ships came in the port under), would you?

Context helps. No one is jumping off bridges here, Blizzard obviously is trying to be nice to players. How BW copying an act of kindness is being purported as some vile idea is ridiculous.

I have no problem with a company copying another company if they are doing something the customers enjoy. Really don't see the issue here or counter point to how it's bad that BW does something Blizzard does, just because Blizzard happened to do it first. Big deal.

• Dev Post

Hey all,

There’s some good discussion here that I wanted to weigh in on. Double XP was something we were planning to bring back for May the 4th.

We discussed offering it sooner, but with everyone having to work-from-home, we needed to spend the time getting the Dev Team set up to work remotely. So, instead of providing you with one week, we’ll be extending Double XP to around four weeks, starting with Game Update 6.1.1 currently scheduled to be available on 14-Apr-2020. The planned end date for Double XP is 12-May-2020.

With all that’s going on these days, the dates could change, but we’ll keep you apprised. But, if it does, we’ll continue to offer the 4-weeks of Double XP (I figured someone was going to ask).

We sincerely hope you are all staying healthy. See you in-game soon.

---Keith

ps...Double XP includes XP, Valor, GSF, and Renown. It does not include Conquest points.

Hey all,

There’s some good discussion here that I wanted to weigh in on. Double XP was something we were planning to bring back for May the 4th.

We discussed offering it sooner, but with everyone having to work-from-home, we needed to spend the time getting the Dev Team set up to work remotely. So, instead of providing you with one week, we’ll be extending Double XP to around four weeks, starting with Game Update 6.1.1 currently scheduled to be available on 14-Apr-2020. The planned end date for Double XP is 12-May-2020.

With all that’s going on these days, the dates could change, but we’ll keep you apprised. But, if it does, we’ll continue to offer the 4-weeks of Double XP (I figured someone was going to ask).

---Keith

ps...Double XP includes XP, Valor, GSF, and Renown. It does not include Conquest points.

Or maybe you could do it now, since, you know, it's now that we are stuck at home. Give us 3 weeks now and 1 week for May the 4th if you want to celebrate May the 4th like that

Thanks for the good news, Keith. Here's hoping you all stay healthy too.

• Dev Post
Or maybe you could do it now, since, you know, it's now that we are stuck at home. Give us 3 weeks now and 1 week for May the 4th if you want to celebrate May the 4th like that

It takes an actual game update to adjust in-game schedules, which is why we're coordinating it with the release of the next patch. We would have liked to provide it earlier, but having to get all the development environment set up in a collaborative way has taken a bit of a focused effort. The soonest we can make the adjustment for Double XP is with Game Update 6.1.1.

-Keith--

It takes an actual game update to adjust in-game schedules, which is why we're coordinating it with the release of the next patch. We would have liked to provide it earlier, but having to get all the development environment set up in a collaborative way has taken a bit of a focused effort. The soonest we can make the adjustment for Double XP is with Game Update 6.1.1.

-Keith--

HAHAHA. Yeahhhhhh....... riggggghhht.

Hey all,

---Keith

Stay Healthy as well. I will say thank you as I know some people will say give it to us now and whatever else they are going to say.

Edited by casirabit

-Keith--

Wow first time posting here and I get a response :D alright thank you for the information, I thought activating it would be easier, and thank you for the double exp month! Can't wait for it

-Keith--

Good to see you responding! Stay safe, Keith.

Hey all,

---Keith

-Keith--

I think some times we as players don't realize just how much programming goes into a game. Although I'm not a programmer … a good friend of mine from years back was ( when living in Albuquerque , NM ) . It was amazing as to how much work there was just to get a stick figure to walk across the screen.

At any rate I do hope the team is well (as mentioned before hand) …. Our well wishes particularly to Eric and family as well !

OH …

TYVM for update !

Hey all,

---Keith

Looking forward to it Keith. Keep your team healthy and safe.

Our well wishes particularly to Eric and family as well!

Good thing he went on vacation when he did that was a blessing in disguise... I hope BW is practicing social distancing and letting people work from home or stay home now whatever they can do to make it safer for the employees.

Double XP or not, it's not important but there's nothing wrong with doing it, that's for sure even if Blizzard is doing it. :rolleyes: