How to fix the unintentional stealth nerf

KevMeup

Recap of 7.0 change:

To prevent rezing in an operation fight without using Healer Combat rezes, the devs disabled exiting stealth when using Cloaking Screen in 7.0 inside operations and FPs (only). You can still drop combat in PVP (reg and ranked) or any combat in open world.

This caused a number of unintended issues:

1. You no longer generate a tactical advantage from using backstab/Lethal Strike after cloaking in a boss fight.
  2. Op healers no longer get 2 tactical advantage from Surprise Surgery when healing again after using Cloak in a boss fight.
  3. Op healers can no longer drop agro from trash mobs. (Think transitions in Titan 6 fight) Since trash targets healers and Cloaking Screen drops your agro to 0 but keeps both you and the trash in combat, they will not swap targets until they are actually hit by a teammate.

Proposed fix:

Apply a 5 minute anti out of combat rez buff after each use of Cloaking Screen. Then revert it to actually drop combat.

Anyone have a better solution?

I hope that this keeps some visibility to this nerf and that the devs make a correction to it. I don't see people talking about it.

Edited by KevMeup

• 2 months later...

Anyone have a better solution?

i made a post about this, stealth is virtually useless now in ops and fps.

My suggestion(https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1004002&highlight=stealth) was to simply tweak the Res ability in your ability list to only work when group member is NOT in combat -> no more stealth res and proper stealth could be restored.

Edited by Darittha

Doesn't fix what assassin tanks were doing.

When the boss casts BUTTKICKER9000 on you and you drop combat the boss cancels the cast. That's effectively a DCD with infinite damage reduction x however many assassin tanks you bring because the next tank taunts the boss, waits for the next cast of BUTTKICKER9000 and again drops combat.

Dropping combat also messes with certain adds when their target vanishes, certain mechanics when the person its on vanishes. It screws with fights in a very broken way and is incredibly powerful when its the tank doing it.

Edited by Gyronamics

When the boss casts BUTTKICKER9000 on you and you drop combat the boss cancels the cast. That's effectively a DCD with infinite damage reduction x however many assassin tanks you bring because the next tank taunts the boss, waits for the next cast of BUTTKICKER9000 and again drops combat.

Dropping combat also messes with certain adds when their target vanishes, certain mechanics when the person its on vanishes. It screws with fights in a very broken way and is incredibly powerful when its the tank doing it.

You say that like it’s a bad thing. It doesn’t adversely affect players and it allows a Sin tank to survive a big hit. I see no issue with that in PvE whatsoever.

You say that like it’s a bad thing. It doesn’t adversely affect players and it allows a Sin tank to survive a big hit. I see no issue with that in PvE whatsoever.

I'm sure you don't see an issue. All the same, assassin tanks are now equal popularity with jugs while PT remains the least popular tank.

Edited by Gyronamics

The current situation also doesn't fix that either. Stealthing out still interrupts casts and channels on you. That said, the current situation did fix some other unintended behaviours, like the adds on writhing horror not spawning if you stealth out.

• 2 months later...

There is an assumption here that adressing stealth for all classes was the only way to address the problem with Sin tanks and it was not.

Some form of a buff\debuff could have been added to only sin tanks that prevented exiting combat. Detection of sin tanks in particular by Boss creatures could have been modified. Raid encounter mechanics could have been modified to account for these changes. Etc. etc.

The low cost, low effort path was taken. As such, there is not really a point to stealth anymore. Why keep it? Why make it permanent instead of a temporary state?