what time is pts for today?

sarahdr

hi all its my understanding that we are supposed to be able to test the new jedi guardian out and the combat styles today on pts.

my question is what time will the pts server be up and running for us today that.

im gmt timezone so anybody that lives in uk timezone if you could tell me roughly what time.. that would be great

thank you

Hi cblodgett,

The presentation shown on the livestream indicated the week of 7/5, so PTS will be happening this week. Once PTS is live, we will be messaging that out to players and there were be threads posted in the Public Test Server sub-forum that will go over all the relevant info for this phase of PTS.

As Jackie said, when PTS goes up they will make an announcement so keep an eye on the dev tracker.

Its all going to be uploaded and made available soon™

Asking when is not going to get a response from the Devs as they are probably far to busy sorting out any stuff that may have caused a delay to it being made available by now in the first place.

It's not like we all don't have several months before it actually becomes live so that is plenty of time to break - uh I mean test - it.

• Dev Post
What exactly about 7.0 will be uploaded on the PTS?

For this initial phase of PTS, players will be able to try out the Jedi Guardian Combat Style. This is a first look, so expect a high level overview for now. The deep dives will come in future PTS phases.

For this initial phase of PTS, players will be able to try out the Jedi Guardian Combat Style. This is a first look, so expect a high level overview for now. The deep dives will come in future PTS phases.

Jackie could you give us all a rough day or date of when we can try the new jedi guardian on the pts? i was led to believe from friends from something else i go on. that it was supposed to be the 7th of July which for me is today. if its not today do you think there is a chance it could be tomorrow on thursday ?

Jackie could you give us all a rough day or date of when we can try the new jedi guardian on the pts?

They already did, in the Livestream, by saying "the week of ..."

i was led to believe from friends from something else i go on. that it was supposed to be the 7th of July

There's no reason to believe anyone other than what official BIOWARE staff states here--> https://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

. if its not today do you think there is a chance it could be tomorrow on thursday ?

uh, there's only 2 days left in the week, so of course chances are it'll be tomorrow, no? :cool: ( or Friday )

My best guess, based on nearly 10 years :eek: of observing BioWare on these forums, is that the PTS will open to the public by Friday morning, so players will get the whole weekend to test & enjoy ( as well as to rant & complain :D )

I hope i'm wrong though and PTS does unlock today, since it definitely seems like there is super high demand from our community for this particular update/patch.... :ph_use_the_force:

Edited by Nee-Elder
why are humans so utterly impatient?!

OK, so does that mean we will be using either pre-made or transferred characters that are:

light sided Jedi Knight base class

light sided Jedi Consular base class

light sided Sith Warrior base class

light sided Sith Inquisitor base class

that can choose the Jedi Guardian combat style, and only that style for now, and playtesting it?

Or, does it mean that we will all be Jedi Knights who are using the Jedi Guardian combat style?

OK, so does that mean we will be using either pre-made or transferred characters that are:

that can choose the Jedi Guardian combat style, and only that style for now, and playtesting it?

Or, does it mean that we will all be Jedi Knights who are using the Jedi Guardian combat style?

Sounds like we'll make a Consular, Warrior or Inquisitor and choose the Jedi Guardian CS. Guess one could make a Knight as well, but they can already pick the Jedi Guardian.

I would think if you’ve got a light side Mara/Jugg or Light Side Sorc/Assassin, you could also transfer those to the PTS to use for the test.

I just want to know would it be possible to access the PTS through the SWTOR launcher through steam?

You can install PTS through Steam. Go to the SWTOR page on Steam and scroll down a bit to where it says "Want to participate in the STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ - Public Test Server? Click here to install it now."

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1286830/STAR_WARS_The_Old_Republic/

Just logged in to steam, and the PTS is updating, seems like they are getting ready, :D

EDIT: Finished Updating, servers are there but showing offline (But it now shows I've chars on it, but it didn't do that before)

Edited by DarkTergon

• Dev Post

We will be posting a full breakdown of what to expect once PTS goes live. I know that doesn't outright answer your question, but I just want to keep conversations consolidated and as organized as possible.

As of now, expect four different threads to be posted when PTS goes up.

1) Detailed breakdown of what this phase of PTS will cover

2) How to access PTS

3) Feedback thread

4) Status updates thread (this was mentioned in the livestream)

We will be posting a full breakdown of what to expect once PTS goes live. I know that doesn't outright answer your question, but I just want to keep conversations consolidated and as organized as possible.

As of now, expect four different threads to be posted when PTS goes up.

1) Detailed breakdown of what this phase of PTS will cover

2) How to access PTS

3) Feedback thread

4) Status updates thread (this was mentioned in the livestream)

Is there an estimated day that the PTS will go live? Or is that still up in the air this week?

Is there an estimated day that the PTS will go live? Or is that still up in the air this week?

If they do like they normally do (this is just a guess) it will be Friday and most likely Friday afternoon. (based on past experience with the PTS)