Some ideas for next strongholds

orichichan

Here is a list of suggestions for future strongholds:

Voss:

A house in the Voss style with a balcony and 2 floors with 3 rooms per floor (house size => like Dromun Kass or Coruscant). A good example for that could be the Tower of Prophecy.

ddYVb06.png.549a9333ce37e9de18877e0714ae4fe6.png

do2Z2YK.png.c917f20ce1d6c4434073e4b2defd91ec.png

There will be a garden or a park with Voss style too + a small cave (a little bigger than the killik one) with 2 cavities.

Bonus (if this stronghold isn't too big, but I think it will be good with this):

Add a small Shrine of Healing (3 rooms => 2 underground rooms + 1 room to the surface).

Dantooine:

An area with 5 structure (4 farms/houses + 1 barn) with the same size to the other ones we find on Dantooine and a (big) field to cultivate.

Some examples what I have in my mind or we could have:

Kg5Wdue.png.f19d79805095166a1e987d0359d815e1.png

oN4hsUU.png.b14ac0dd8a17c2eb759fb154699cef88.png

1qinJCh.png.aeae78f260d323dc0f82a0296333d435.png

FO2KQOi.png.0c6ce790cb81c94f2e4540cb8236d2e4.png

What we could see in the distance when we are in our stronghold:

6SzE4v0.jpeg.df3d3e7d341438b5860d1993162ebe84.jpeg

Bonus (if this stronghold isn't too big):

An other area with the first one (we switch areas with a speeder) with a small/medium jedi academy => central area for our starship + 4 rooms in the jedi academy + a small garden + a small crystal cave.

Makeb:

A house with Makeb style (mesa) on 2 or 3 floors with a little private garden located towards the back (stronghold size => like Dromun Kass or Coruscant).

MeaT4yX.png.034d8ef87717fb387dca2559fe27c5f2.png

dA5O3pf.png.675d41e9783bf17fc3511f3456c1012d.png

Darvannis:

A mandalorian camp (like the area we have in the Knights of the Fallen Empire chapter 14 with the same area size for this stronghold) with 2 or 3 small bunkers (like the ones we have in Knights of the Fallen Empire chapter 14).

zAdsr0a.png.4f008bdd3f284cc5daa67e885c179a0a.png

RWCEqKF.png.828fb166e1326778c443bfb0b6a136df.png

Zakuul:

A stronghold like the Kaliyo's apartment.

Feel free to share your opinion about that.

Edited by orichichan
  • Like 2

I have 3 of my own :

** Ski chalet .. complete with ski lift and slope to schuss or slalom and a beautiful view of a mountain side. A great place for R&R.

** Lake side cabin: complete with 21ft bass boat (hey ... don't mess with the dream !! )

** All time #1 favorite:

The space station on the outer rim. Multilevel: with 3 observation decks (one of which is totally 3-D outstanding). (Possible defensive network a possibility scattered in the surrounding area !)

I even took the time to put together a little story.. ( yeah it's a bit corny ... but I had fun !)

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=992932

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2021 at 2:20 PM, orichichan said:

Here is a list of suggestions for future strongholds:

Voss:

A house with Voss style with a balcony and on 2 floors (house size => like Dromun Kass or Coruscant). There are also a garden with Voss style + a small cave.

Add a very very very very small Shrine of Healing (3 rooms => 2 underground rooms + 1 room to the surface).

Dantooine:

An area with 5 structure (4 farms/houses + 1 barn) with the same size to the other ones we find on Dantooine and a (big) field to cultivate.

Some examples what I have in my mind or we could have:

https://i.imgur.com/2BgAr4V.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Kbefg5L.jpg

What we could see in the distance when we are in our stronghold:

https://i.imgur.com/vJZYkeW.jpg

An other area with the first one (we switch areas with a speeder) with a small/medium jedi academy => central area for our starship + 4 rooms in the jedi academy + a small garden + a small crystal cave.

Makeb:

A house with Makeb style (mesa) on 2 or 3 floors with a little private garden located towards the back (stronghold size => like Dromun Kass or Coruscant).

Darvannis:

A mandalorian camp (like the area we have in the Knights of the Fallen Empire chapter 14 with the same area size for this stronghold) with 2 or 3 small bunkers (like the ones we have in Knights of the Fallen Empire chapter 14).

Feel free to share your opinion about that.

I agree we deserve more StrongHolds. I would love to see one on Zakuul

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MeanSparrow said:

I agree we deserve more StrongHolds. 

As an advocate for anything that revolves around Strongholds and decorations, I'd normally agree with you.  However, I would much rather have a thorough pass over our current Strongholds to fix hooks, degrees, placement, bugs and implement improvements like NPC limit increase, expansions using in game assets and a dev mode terraforming feature.

Edited by TonyTricicolo
Punctuation, usage, spelling, and grammar.
  • Like 2

My ideas/wishes:
- Ziost (maybe Citadel in New Adasta, but with view of Ziost Daily Area)
- Zakuul Spire or Spire + Palace
- Iokath something
- Vandin Station + docked Ship (like from Chapter)
- Terminus/Thranta Ship and/or the transport ship from e.g Alderaan/Yavin Turret PvP map. E.g interfleet transprt between Thranta/Terminus and Transport sjio.
- Eternal Fleet Flagship
- Space Station (from Traitor arc, AbandonedImperial Listening Post)
- Oricon Fortress and Palace. Far too big for me to decorate it, but nevertheless having such SH would be nice.
- Copero during night/midnight could be nice, but it's the least I want.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LanceDefender said:

After replaying Terror from Beyond OPS, I observed that this planet, Asation, is really beautiful too. So another idea/suggestion from me would be a SH on Asation.

imagine  if ,  instead of always focusing 95% of their paltry budget$ on that ridiculous Cartel Market cash-grab-of-reskins-x-infinity ,  EA would allow BioWare to implement DECO  'building block' pieces/schematics to loot-tables within all  Ops, for constructing your own eventual  stronghold ( multiple building styles, depending upon pieces you collect ) within that specific planet/landscape.

Talk about worthy of replay value beyond  'Seasons' hamster-wheel. :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: why can't there be more BALANCE between the coolest items dropping as loot/craftables, along w/ the CM?!?!

• 3 weeks later...

my Wish list:

1. Expand # of NPCs from 25 

2. Fix Manaan SH hook for accessibility for rooftop starship hook.

3. Add additional starship sized hook that would be in the water- Manaan (sort of like the ones for the Rishi SH)

4. add a Starship size hook (1 each) for both Kaas & coruscant

5. Voss Stronghold

6. Hoth Stronghold. (winter themed)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There's precisely 0 SHs that give a military outpost vibe. You can get away with decoing Tat. or Manaan  in this fashion. Y4 SH is plain cool as a Starfighter outpost, strong EP IV vibes there.

.......But no base design of any SH was  made  to feel like a military outpost.  There's at least 4 SHs  designed to give a penthouse-vibe. 0 designed to appear as if it were a,..stronghold of a wartime  leader.  I'd like to see actual Starfighter hangars and stuff.

Edited by Stradlin

• 1 month later...

Figured I'd toss my usual ideas here.

Hoth (at Night): The planet is quite lore and Legends famous
They could do it massive (Hopefully using that 64bit power to up the personnel/companion limit, why imagine placing every companion on your roster)
It could be a simple snowfield with a Hangar leading into a frosty base, plenty of Starship hooks or what have you
They could pump out few cartel snowy deco packs
They could do hidden areas, maybe a hidden force temple? A beast lair?
Fun for whole family (each class story)

Lehon: The unknown world
Complete with a wrecked decoratable sunken Hammerhead, nexu/rancor pet like Speedy
Scenic views of the bombed out Temple

The Ship: Thranta/Terminus/Hammerhead/Eternal Flagship clone
One could go as far to include a Centurion class cruiser or Interdictor model to appease KOTOR?
One to two Hangar bays, something medium sized, so the guildless or whatever can be appeased
Include an option to make them as a Guild SH, Why have a landbase when you can have a flagship and a command cruiser
Personally I just want a Hammerhead so I can live out my Trask Ulgo fantasy 

Port Nowhere: I understand it was in an Uprising
So theoretically any class/faction could commandeer it and make it a home

Dxun: the ruins of a certain Mandalorian compound

Voss retreat: House of Eternal Autumn

• Like 2

I really don't care about where it will be but Strongholds need to be more usefull than it is actually.
Mabye one day, we can create some holo of our toons and ask them for crafting in our stronghold.

Or some room which show decoration that we don't have (by holo) and where can we drop it

Or some kind of trianning room for our mount to level up them.

Or some stronhold reputation that allow us to craft faster/ more crit, more exp or loot or antything on the stronghold dependant zone

Mabye stonghold are easy to implement in the game but if that's not the case, I think there' s more waited content in others domains ;) (I did not talked about pvp lol)

• 2 months later...

If more Strongholds happen, I would hope that they're not locked behind near-max Seasons Tokens. As for what locations I would like to see...

Something on Hoth would be neat; maybe they could even save time/money and reskin the Tatooine Stronghold to be Dusk/Nighttime Hoth.
In that same vein, a reskin of Yavin IV but as Illum would be neat. One for the Sorcerer, one for the Sage. Plus, I personally just really like that skybox. It's pretty.

Onderon might be cool to have. I think we even have some Onderon-themed Decorations already in the game; but I'd need a fact-check on that.

Something equivalent in total size to the Coruscant/Kass Strongholds could work for Corellia. Maybe even include some decorations to make it look like you're actually holding a fort or training recruits.

If they were going to give us something in the vein of a larger starship, I would personally want it to at least come with a copy of each class' personal starship decoration. And I wouldn't want it to be anything too big. If it's too big, it'd have to be a Guild-exclusive Stronghold. Maybe equivalent in size to the main deck of the Gravestone plus the hangar.

Maybe a Zakuul apartment, so we have somewhere to place the Arcann and Senya statues and all my freakin' Star Fortress decorations.

Something based on Tython and Korriban would be cool for the Knight and Warrior players.

Voss would be great.

As for places I don't think would work? Belsavis (why would you have a home on a prison world? Or maybe it's a research base...?), Makeb (The Republic abandoned the world, and the Imps are only interested in mining it), Ziost (It's dead), Iokath (I don't think you could even make that look good), Ossus (It's like Onderon and Tython combined, but worse), or Ruhnuk (unless they included a ton of Mando decorations).

• Like 1

I was Thinking about this again and I thought back to some of the Movies and places we have seen.

It would be cool to reenact some of  the locations like the lava refinery on Mustafar on Oricon or Ossus in a suitable location with the different ops rooms and balconies.

Another idea is the floating cities of Kamino on Manaan even if we already have one something with more space in the middle of the Ocean could be awesome.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Whichever stronghold they add next, it would be nice if it was useful - not just pretty. Right now, fleet apartments trump all since they provide access to fleet chat which allows to join various group content - WBs hunts, GS-related activities, Ops, etc. (Nar-Shaddaa one becomes more useful during feast event for the feast related activities). Several (older) strongholds provide more convenient exit locations (i.e. save time) vs. going to the planet, then orbital station, then spaceport (which blocks QT), then whatever place you were actually planning to visit. Once the exit fee was implemented, it removed the extra reason to visit strongholds like Yavin 4, or Mek-Sha since direct travel puts you in the exactly same spot as exit stronghold does (yes, avoiding said fee served as an extra incentive - though in Yavin 4's case, it was absent anyway if you had a legacy unlock). I personally put so much thought into decorating Mek-Sha one, yet now I almost never visit since there is no reason to. Wish there was more purpose to each one other than just playing house.

On 1/2/2024 at 6:20 PM, VegaMist said:

Whichever stronghold they add next, it would be nice if it was useful - not just pretty. Right now, fleet apartments trump all since they provide access to fleet chat which allows to join various group content - WBs hunts, GS-related activities, Ops, etc. (Nar-Shaddaa one becomes more useful during feast event for the feast related activities). Several (older) strongholds provide more convenient exit locations (i.e. save time) vs. going to the planet, then orbital station, then spaceport (which blocks QT), then whatever place you were actually planning to visit. Once the exit fee was implemented, it removed the extra reason to visit strongholds like Yavin 4, or Mek-Sha since direct travel puts you in the exactly same spot as exit stronghold does (yes, avoiding said fee served as an extra incentive - though in Yavin 4's case, it was absent anyway if you had a legacy unlock). I personally put so much thought into decorating Mek-Sha one, yet now I almost never visit since there is no reason to. Wish there was more purpose to each one other than just playing house.

There are decorations in the game that serve as resource nodes, but they're inconsistent. Sometimes I'll go in and harvest 3, sometimes I'll harvest only one, and the entire function is on a weekly cooldown. I kinda get it, as it's a super-easy Credit farm without it, but that can easily be changed by making the vault nodes give sliced tech resources instead of Credit cases.

If they could change it to either each node having it's own cooldown or having a "collect all" button that went on a weekly cooldown, that'd make it far more useful.

28 minutes ago, Gamer_Auto said:

There are decorations in the game that serve as resource nodes, but they're inconsistent. Sometimes I'll go in and harvest 3, sometimes I'll harvest only one, and the entire function is on a weekly cooldown. I kinda get it, as it's a super-easy Credit farm without it, but that can easily be changed by making the vault nodes give sliced tech resources instead of Credit cases.

If they could change it to either each node having it's own cooldown or having a "collect all" button that went on a weekly cooldown, that'd make it far more useful.

I have the nods. But the nods don't justify having multiple strongholds - you can place them all in one. I wish there was a reason to own a stronghold at each particular destination, other than just a pretty house. I wish there were incentives to decorate it other than "looks cool, now what?". Right now, fleet appartments have that - they provide access to fleet chat while staying in a personal space. Nar Shaddaa, Alderaan, Tatooine, Corusant, and Dromund Kaas have some of it - a more convenient exit location vs planetary travel. And Rishi has PVP area which allows one to mess with their PVP gear outside of PVP instance. What about the rest? Also, none of the above quite justifies the amount of money/effort it takes to fully decorate them, especially if one puts thought into it. Some houses are so creative - visited quite a few which looked better than anything we encounter during game-play. Wish there were some achievements or contests associated with strongholds (similar to a photo contest). Maybe, they could add a visitor's guest book, so visitor's could comment on what they see. Maybe, we could have an extra buff on the planet where one has a fully unlocked/decorated stronghold. Something that gives a reason to invest so much into a house even yourself may barely visit once you're done decorating it.

Speaking of fully decorated, wish we had an item to unlock slots beyond 100% - Alderaan one could definitely use more.

3 hours ago, VegaMist said:

I have the nods. But the nods don't justify having multiple strongholds - you can place them all in one. I wish there was a reason to own a stronghold at each particular destination, other than just a pretty house. I wish there were incentives to decorate it other than "looks cool, now what?". Right now, fleet appartments have that - they provide access to fleet chat while staying in a personal space. Nar Shaddaa, Alderaan, Tatooine, Corusant, and Dromund Kaas have some of it - a more convenient exit location vs planetary travel. And Rishi has PVP area which allows one to mess with their PVP gear outside of PVP instance. What about the rest? Also, none of the above quite justifies the amount of money/effort it takes to fully decorate them, especially if one puts thought into it. Some houses are so creative - visited quite a few which looked better than anything we encounter during game-play. Wish there were some achievements or contests associated with strongholds (similar to a photo contest). Maybe, they could add a visitor's guest book, so visitor's could comment on what they see. Maybe, we could have an extra buff on the planet where one has a fully unlocked/decorated stronghold. Something that gives a reason to invest so much into a house even yourself may barely visit once you're done decorating it.

Speaking of fully decorated, wish we had an item to unlock slots beyond 100% - Alderaan one could definitely use more.

I mean yes, you're right, but I have no idea what they could do to Strongholds to make them more than just "Hey, come look at my level of creativity"/"I needed a Credit Sink".

And the money thing is something I rail against all the time. Having a limit on each decoration that you then have to boost by spending obscene amounts of Cartel Coins? Nah, bro. That ain't right.

• Like 1