Rakghoul event broken

The_Wulff

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Ah, if only it were that simple.

The rakghoul event is there.

The cave is populated.

The quests can be taken.

MOBs can be killed.

None of that is true when the event isn't running and you can clearly observe that if the event ends while you're logged out in the caverns.

So by your example, rakghoul_event_tatooine *IS* set to 1.

Therefore, maybe the problem is more complex than a bunch of armchair developers seem to think it is.

How about they tell us how complex it is? For example:

This is so complex it is going take us a few days to a week to fix.

OR

This is so complex it is going take us a few weeks or a month to fix.

OR

This is so complex, and it is the holiday season, and the staff all got fired, and we don't care anyway, that we have no idea when we are going to bother fixing it.

He beat me by 2 minutes....nevermind.

Thank you for the update, even though it sucks.

Edited by Midyir

Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric. Is it possible to get a make up week in before chapter 10 hits?

Hey folks,

-eric

Bad news for those who were looking forward to it, Eric. :(

Me personally, I'd have had to force myself to do the whole thing again after doing it so recently, so it doesn't affect me much.

I'm glad to hear it'll be back in less than a month though! (My energy for doing it again should be renewed by then :p)

Hey folks,

-eric

Wow...locking a companion behind a broken event is kinda sketchy eric...

Hey folks,

-eric

Well, Hopefully by that time on January 12, 2016 that the bugs will be address and fixed. This is one reason why I have not even started my KOTFE experience because we have way to many buggs and loosing any of my companions would be devastating. The bugs have literally over-taken this game to make it even remotely fun anymore. Its just a grind with no new content like walking zombies. Thanks Bioware you truly did it this time.

I really think the problem may be running multiple events at the same time. Each requires lines of coding and in this case Life Day and Rakghoul may be using lines that conflict with each other. (That may be why we haven't seen this problem before.) So to track down all the conflicts, and recode it would require a great deal of work.

Hey folks,

-eric

Ugh, that's really unfortunate, especially considering that "look at all the Events we have going on this December!" was kind of the thing BW was trying to push for the month as we wait for Chapter X.

They've got to be having a "when it rains, it pours" time over there, between this and the server issues / rollback.

Edited by DarthDymond

I really think the problem may be running multiple events at the same time. Each requires lines of coding and in this case Life Day and Rakghoul may be using lines that conflict with each other. (That may be why we haven't seen this problem before.) So to track down all the conflicts, and recode it would require a great deal of work.

Good point there! I was wondering why they were planning on having two events running at the same time.

Hey folks,

-eric

Hmm this is quite unfortunately............

Because everyone needs yet another companion they will never use.

My main is an agent and I was actually looking forward to this so I could recruit my Doctor again.

Hey folks,

-eric

What's to say it's not going to broken then as well, without anybody being able to fix it again? Seriously what's the point of having an online computer game when you can't even fix a game breaking bug during the same time most of the player base is home for the holidays trying to play, and exited about the new Movie coming out and want to play a Star Wars game, to see that it's broken, and nobody who runs the server sees it as something worth putting in time to fix.

I seriously hope you can hire some people that actually care about the product they're putting out, because it's obvious at this juncture that none of the current staff gives 2 ****s. Thanks everyone.

Hey folks,

-eric

Stupid question time: Are you going to turn the event off? I have one character that I'd like to advance a bit, but he's doing class quests on Tatooine, and I'd rather not face gangs of almost-raks assaulting him every time he goes through town. It isn't the need to use vaccine that bothers me so much as having to fight random idiot NPCs that forgot to get their vaccine.

Hey folks,

-eric

I'm sorry but this answer is unacceptable especially when you tie unlocking a companion to an event that occurs once a month. How about you change the companion unlock so it doesn't require an event that could go wrong?

The sorry there is nothing we can do answer just isn't working for me, especially when you are hindering my progress. Seriously, get it together because this is the wrong answer to the problem.

What's to say it's not going to broken then as well, without anybody being able to fix it again? Seriously what's the point of having an online computer game when you can't even fix a game breaking bug during the same time most of the player base is home for the holidays trying to play, and exited about the new Movie coming out and want to play a Star Wars game, to see that it's broken, and nobody who runs the server sees it as something worth putting in time to fix.

I seriously hope you can hire some people that actually care about the product they're putting out, because it's obvious at this juncture that none of the current staff gives 2 ****s. Thanks everyone.

Honestly, I think it has to do with the Life Day event. Which makes me wonder if the BBA event next week will work.

Honestly, I think it has to do with the Life Day event. Which makes me wonder if the BBA event next week will work.

We've had double events in the past, like Bounty Event and Gree, and it didn't cause issues. So it is possible to run multiple events at the same time (technically, we also have the 4th anniversary event right now), they just made a mistake when setting up the events schedule.

Hey folks,

-eric

This feels like WoW all over again. I left world of warcraft because they would rather ignore issues, push events and expansions and almost never resolve issues. Now, I see the people doing the same here. I think that since you refused to fix the rakghoul event, you should compensate players since the company decided to ignore it and sweep it under the rug. I for one bought all the mats, and on my trooper got Lokin up to 10 but now can't plant the probes since the bioware does not want to deal with it. (my compensation idea? Give everyone 500-1000 Cartel coins)

We've had double events in the past, like Bounty Event and Gree, and it didn't cause issues. So it is possible to run multiple events at the same time (technically, we also have the 4th anniversary event right now), they just made a mistake when setting up the events schedule.

The gree event from December/January last year never went live either, It was broken after 3.0.

Hey folks,

-eric

So, what you're saying is you don't have enough staff to fix a bug, so we're out the change to get Lokin until next month. Way to go. This game has so much promise and it falls on it's face so often it's sad.