Master Mode Flash Point difficulty increase

The only problem I see with buying them outright is they would have to put it in the coding where you had to be in 306 for you to have access to purchase what mod or enhancement you want, or people would just skip to 306 from the start.

Or they could just let you choose the version type of enhancement or mod, less the the irating on it,

Ie, at the moment you can choose a random enhancement from the RNG vendor and it will give you one of 19 different versions of the same type of enhancement and then base that your irating.

So why not offer them in a way that you can choose an enhancement version like adapt R19 and it will give you one of those based on your irating. If your irating is 290, it will give you an adapt R19 enhancement with an irating if 290-292.

Or they could just let you choose the version type of enhancement or mod, less the the irating on it,

Ie, at the moment you can choose a random enhancement from the RNG vendor and it will give you one of 19 different versions of the same type of enhancement and then base that your irating.

So why not offer them in a way that you can choose an enhancement version like adapt R19 and it will give you one of those based on your irating. If your irating is 290, it will give you an adapt R19 enhancement with an irating if 290-292.

Do the lower level mods/enhancements even have any R-# to them? I thought that was only past 300 for those.

It's been so long since I was leveling up to 306, I honestly don't remember anymore.

The rewards you get already for some of the more difficult to achieve MMFPs are abysmal and you want something which increases the difficulty even more?

I am not opposed to challenge in a video game. Its kinda why we play them. The problem is that there are still far too many potatoes in this game and making them more difficult will just reduce the overall pool of people who do them, which is already abysmal.

I can't see the devs adding a NiM level to FPs when they are having trouble balancing the existing difficulty levels.

Secondly, I believe the devs would need to add new mechanics to each boss. Look at EV and KP NiM. Both were removed because they didn't actually have any new mechanics-- just more HP, DR, damage dealt.

As for Uprisings, I sincerely wish BWA would stop wasting resources on content no one plays.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I can't see the devs adding a NiM level to FPs when they are having trouble balancing the existing difficulty levels.

Secondly, I believe the devs would need to add new mechanics to each boss. Look at EV and KP NiM. Both were removed because they didn't actually have any new mechanics-- just more HP, DR, damage dealt.

As for Uprisings, I sincerely wish BWA would stop wasting resources on content no one plays.

Yea i hear that, I just want endgame beyond ranked pvp or nim raids. I want hard small group content.

Yea i hear that, I just want endgame beyond ranked pvp or nim raids. I want hard small group content.

Did you do MM Flashpoints? Manaan, Tython, Korriban, Chiss, Nathema, and SoV are challenging in MM. How about MM Uprisings? Try MM Divided We Fail, Destroyer of Worlds, and Trial and Error and get the achievements there.

Did you do these already?

Did you do MM Flashpoints? Manaan, Tython, Korriban, Chiss, Nathema, and SoV are challenging in MM. How about MM Uprisings? Try MM Divided We Fail, Destroyer of Worlds, and Trial and Error and get the achievements there.

MM FPs are a joke in their current state calling them MM compared to MM ops is just lying imo. I will never understand why they changed names from HM flashpoints to Nightmare flashpoints.

Uprisings where a flop on release and have struggled to get people to do them even being lv 75 in a lv 70 instance. They feel like a slog and the constant waves of trash don't help much. I'm eager to see the changes made but a the end of the day no one will care because the base design of uprisings is boring and not rewarding.

Edited by Wolvel

none of the mentioned fps is challenging. if YOU find them challenging, its your opinion.

none of the mentioned fps has a significant dps check, no significant heal check and no nim worthy mechanics.

there is only 1 fp boss, which could be considered nim and thats mokkan the mint jelly boy.

and even he is a joke compared to what he once has been.

and SoV can be soloed. thats challenging yes, if you play it as solo content, but not as group content.

and uprisings are just a design failure.

i dont see the fun in killing endless waves of respawning weak adds, which make playing dot specs a pain in the a.....

i cleared everything and i must say the bossees in the upriisings are quite nice but stil the endless add killing is neither fun nor challenging.

none of the mentioned fps is challenging. if YOU find them challenging, its your opinion.

It is always funny. Isn't it?

One player says, with my skill set, master mode flashpoints are hard.

The other player says, with my skill set, master mode flashpoints are easy.

None of them is wrong. Both are telling the truth.

The only question is, what Bioware thinks, should be the base line for master mode flashpoints? Around what skill set, should master mode flashpoints be developed?

One player represents a huge part of the games population.

The other player represents the tiny nightmare capable player population.

In addition... when we look at the games history, we see nerfs to every flashpoint in master mode. Copero... more stacks. Blood Hunt, decrease of the dps check for the first boss. Just two examples.

So... for me... this is a no-brainer... what will Bioware do? Everybody should know the answer. But of course you can make a plea for a change of direction every few month, if you want. In whatever direction you like. Easier, harder. Whatever floats your boat.

As my last point... i think they will rework difficulty in master mode flashpoints, the same day, they decide to make master mode operations hard again. hashtag teamNostacks. :)

Edited by SoontirMorillo

when did you play nim ops the last time?

the stacks are gone for a year now........

Not recently, it is apparent. A lot of people pose on the forums who don't know what they're talking about.

To be fair, nobody on the forums can be sure I've done what I sometimes claim to have done. The pros and perils of anonymity.

I can confirm this. They changed it in February, 2020. It was not in the patch notes, but Eric Musco acknowledged, that it was an intended change.

I can confirm from personal experience doing MM (the new designation for NiM) Ops - the Veteran's Edge Stacks are no more. The challenging side effect: with the same gear, you do less DPS or HPS in MM than in VM and SM (*). At the same time, the MM mobs hit a lot harder and are a lot hardier.

(*) You can look at Parsely

Edited by mike_carton

• 2 months later...

I tend to agree with the intent of this thread. A balanced group should at least be required (Tank, Healer, 2x DPS), along with mechanics that drive them to work together and decent knowledge of said class play-ability too (interrupts, cleansing, positioning, to name a few).

Being able to clear a brand new master mode flashpoint, without prior knowledge and an unbalanced group isn't right. This is supposed to be the highest tier of difficulty in the game. Yet there seems to be very little (if any) difficulty scaling.

When Umbara/Chiss/Nathema were first released in master mode they were good. The current soft and fluffy approach to master mode flashpoints is awful.

• 5 months later...
The difficulty in my opinion should be increased by at least 25% across the board as a baseline. It's very brain dead for a lot of us, no need to use any kind of DCD's and just face tank each Boss without having to really think too much about timing abilities or avoiding being 1 shot for example. Maybe add a new mode called Grand Master Mode Flashpoints that behave a bit more like some of the harder Master Mode Chapters from Kotfe and Kotet?