Frusterated with Level cap increase

kirorx

You have every reason to subscribe (and more) now than we all had when the game started. I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Because Makeb exists does not eliminate and nullify all of the 1-50 content that we all enjoyed.

Sorry for the triple post!

But this is wrong, because the key part is now there is a clear future what we may not like. At launch everything was about hope, you subbed for the game but could look forward to what was going to come. If you know you won't buy Makeb then spending the next few months in game could be considered a waste of time when instead that effort could go into a different game where you will still be seeing rewards in 3 months.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just a game with linear progression, with or without levels

The problem is the endgame, you are forced to reach the level cap to "participate" in the game,.

Levels are meaningless, you are not getting stronger as you level, you are just wasting time to get to the cap, that is what is wrong

Weird, as I level I get new skills, new talents and better gear. Oh, I can also PvP, PvE (dungeons or open world), R or just do class quests. I think that's participation... isn't it? Yeah, it is.

OH MAN I BEAT THE GAME. I HOPE THEY DON'T ADD MORE GAME TO THE GAME, THAT MIGHT SOMEHOW DAMAGE MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS

New content is always a good thing. If SWTOR wants to survive it's going to need more than one level cap increase. FFXI went from 75 to 100 in 5 level increments (heard it started lower than 75 but it was 75 when I started). This was already an MMO where it took months and months to level to 75 before Abyssea came out. The game has lasted 11 years because new content is always, 100% of the time, a good thing (unless the content is crap or gamebreaking. Kinda like Abyssea). More game for your dollar.

So you want a skill based game? Then you don't want a RPG.

You have no valid point to talk about skill in anything, you back peddle 'nuff said. And before you go and say "Waaaa no I don't" again, it's clearly in your YouTube video posted in your sig.

Weird, as I level I get new skills, new talents and better gear. Oh, I can also PvP, PvE (dungeons or open world), R or just do class quests. I think that's participation... isn't it? Yeah, it is.

Not that, the ENDGAME

You reach lv50, then you start doing pvp and ops, you get Tier 1 armor, Tier 2 armor, Tier 3 armor, and then the expansion arrives, everything you achieved is now useless

you are back at the same points as a player who just reached lv50

What we have now, are 2 different games, one from 1 to 49 and another at lv50, that's what I wish for, a game that is completely linear

Sorry for the triple post!

But this is wrong, because the key part is now there is a clear future what we may not like. At launch everything was about hope, you subbed for the game but could look forward to what was going to come. If you know you won't buy Makeb then spending the next few months in game could be considered a waste of time when instead that effort could go into a different game where you will still be seeing rewards in 3 months.

That is all irrelevant. I've played this game countless hours up through 50 on several characters. None of that changes just because a new planet opens up and you're able to advance another 5 levels to 55.

You can still get all of the enjoyment out of the game as you always could. Makeb changes nothing for the pre-Makeb game, unless your only goal is to "have the highest level characters twinked out to 100% in all ways", at which point, I understand why you'd be upset with a retreating goal line.

However, that still does nothing to interfere with pre-50 and 50 play.

It's all a waste of time. It's a video game. Everything you are earning, everything you are collecting, will disappear at some point in the future. The game will end, the servers will shut down, however many years off that is. What matters is the enjoyment you obtain during the journey. There will be no destination... ever.

This is something you should accept now, not fool yourself into believing it won't happen.

You have every reason to subscribe (and more) now than we all had when the game started. I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Because Makeb exists does not eliminate and nullify all of the 1-50 content that we all enjoyed.

Except you don't have to subscribe for that, being preferred and buying off many legacy perks with in game credits gives you exactly the same content as long as you don't do end game.

If every expansion from here on out never increased the level cap, I wonder how many rage threads would pop up about it? A lot. Because this community is so jaded, it will never be satisfied with anything. Level cap increases happen...get over it. Paying for expansions happen... get over it. Without level increase, people would quit because their class stories would never continue and people would have gotten bored with hanging out at the fleet all dy waiting on ques. Without paying for expansions, this game would gimp itself on generating money. No money=no new content. No new content=R.I.P. SWTOR before you know it. Either ride the SWTOR train or get off of it. If you can't accept things like level cap increases and paying for expansions, go play Halo 4 because MMO's are clearly not for you :)

It's all a waste of time. It's a video game. Everything you are earning, everything you are collecting, will disappear at some point in the future. The game will end, the servers will shut down, however many years off that is. What matters is the enjoyment you obtain during the journey. There will be no destination... ever.

True. Learned that from having the dopest LSJ Jedi ever in SWG. Now he is non-existent.

But, a little time to enjoy the stuff i earned would be nice.

Its been a year....

I was stoked when i was finally able to PvP in all Centaurin Gear (ugly as it was)

Then i spent countless hours opening the lottery bags for BM gear, which i never obtained a comlete set of.

Then my old gear was gone and i could finally buy the BM gear with comms, but then there was this new ranked warzone stuff and that took an ungodly amount of comms to buy that stuff

I finally have the full set (though now BM gear is gone and you can buy the warhere stuff for cheap), now they give us a new tier, which is fine....but why work on the new pvp gear if its going to be gone in couple months. I doubt i will have a full set in 3 months.

Should i just wait untill march to worry about grinding gear (after all i could level a trooper in the meantime, dont have one yet) .

I just want some time to enjoy the earned. Give us time to get the sets and rock them. Seemed like alot of gear changes in 12 months.

What many people are blissfully ignoring is the fact that the 1-49 game has NOTHING to do with the level 50 game. Seriously. As soon as you hit 50, you drop all your gear and put on Recruit PvP (which is better than Tionese, which you should give to your favorite companion). Then you have to grind either flashpoints or PvP to get gear to do Hard modes or Ops.

YOU CANNOT DO OPS WITHOUT GEARING UP FIRST!

Once the level cap is raised, all that gear is probably going to be useless, as the newer gear will be better, so a lot of people are annoyed (I'm just not going to play my 50 again until the expansion arrives).

Edited by Danbuterx

If every expansion from here on out never increased the level cap, I wonder how many rage threads would pop up about it? A lot. Because this community is so jaded, it will never be satisfied with anything. Level cap increases happen...get over it. Paying for expansions happen... get over it. Without level increase, people would quit because their class stories would never continue and people would have gotten bored with hanging out at the fleet all dy waiting on ques. Without paying for expansions, this game would gimp itself on generating money. No money=no new content. No new content=R.I.P. SWTOR before you know it. Either ride the SWTOR train or get off of it. If you can't accept things like level cap increases and paying for expansions, go play Halo 4 because MMO's are clearly not for you :)

Still, why exactly are level caps needed?

New content can still be generated, new gear be given out, new shineys

People would play new operations and warzones for other reasons. Suppose they offered new ships, new companions (people are doing HK content), new TITLES (people love that stuff), New emotes, There are so many new toys that we could get as drops and stuff or purchasable items, i just dont see why level increases are needed to enjoy new content. People love to show off there junk items as long as they are rare or have to be acheived. Just look at the money people paid to get that flying throne, now what if there was a rare flying mount at the end of EV, people would love to get that thing.

Again, i could be missing something. I suppose it would be neat to have 5 more points to go in a skill tree.

OH MAN I BEAT THE GAME. I HOPE THEY DON'T ADD MORE GAME TO THE GAME, THAT MIGHT SOMEHOW DAMAGE MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS

New content is always a good thing. If SWTOR wants to survive it's going to need more than one level cap increase. FFXI went from 75 to 100 in 5 level increments (heard it started lower than 75 but it was 75 when I started). This was already an MMO where it took months and months to level to 75 before Abyssea came out. The game has lasted 11 years because new content is always, 100% of the time, a good thing (unless the content is crap or gamebreaking. Kinda like Abyssea). More game for your dollar.

I loved FFXI, played from launch for 8 years. Was 50 cap for about 8 months, then raised to 60, then 75 on ps3 release. Stayed 75 for years until abys came out. Then with each abys expansion they raised it by 5. I remeber the old days before TaU where it took months of lvling on moon area to get from 70 to 75. Then TaU came and could do 70-75 in a few weeks

Their class stories are not continuing regardless-apparently it's too hard to keep that fourth pillar upright. It will be 5 levels, one story for each faction-and a new baseline to deal with. I'll be surprised if all the missions are voiced rather than clicking on terminals.

How will they balance talents with 5 more points if certain spreads are over or under-balanced now? Lock you into trees like WoW did to remove the hybrid option? If you think PVP is out of whack now...

As for money-isn't Bioware rolling in it from people buying holiday speeders and gambling on boxes? What does it say when that speeder apparently has twice the value of the 'expansion'?

They never stated that there would be a new operation or a new tier of gear included in the expansion. I don't see why they would leave it out if there was going to be. Adding that to the original description would help sell it because then people would know that they'd be buying a lot more content than just a planet and raised level cap. I also don't see any reason to add a new tier of gear so quickly after Dread Guard and Elite War Hero.

TL;DR I, personally, am not worried about anything. I just expect there to be five extra levels to gain and points to use in my skill tree. At some point after this expansion I'm sure they will add another tier of gear for lv 55, of course.

Edited by Radzkie

They never stated that there would be a new operation or a new tier of gear included in the expansion. I don't see why they would leave it out if there was going to be. Adding that to the original description would help sell it because then people would know that they'd be buying a lot more content than just a planet and raised level cap. I also don't see any reason to add a new tier of gear so quickly after Dread Guard and Elite War Hero.

TL;DR I, personally, am not worried about anything. I just expect there to be five extra levels to gain and points to use in my skill tree. At some point after this expansion I'm sure they will add another tier of gear for lv 55, of course.

As Ops cannot be used by F2P players unless they pay extra and the expansion can be bought by F2P players there is little likelihood of an Op in this expansion (opinion).

The more threads that show frustration with 1-49 and 50+ parts of the game, the more I wish they had set up the game differently. I almost wish that flashpoints were not available for the story part of the game, and the bonus series for planets were heroics. In my mind you could group the flashpoints as they do now tier by tier, each tier requires tier X gear, and each flashpoint grouping would have an overarching story to follow. That, to me, would have been a really interesting way to encorperate flashpoints + gearing + love of story + end game content to this game. PVP warzones stay the same in this example, you can play them whenever and gear up as you go. Ops could still stay at the highest level, or at the end of a flashpoint tier there is an operation that ties it all together. Edited by Shwarzchild

I loved FFXI, played from launch for 8 years. Was 50 cap for about 8 months, then raised to 60, then 75 on ps3 release. Stayed 75 for years until abys came out. Then with each abys expansion they raised it by 5. I remeber the old days before TaU where it took months of lvling on moon area to get from 70 to 75. Then TaU came and could do 70-75 in a few weeks

I actually believe it was 50 back when I first, first started but I never got anywhere close to it, when I had my human warrior on an entirely different account than the one I have now. That was back when having a character in the high 30s was something impressive. I quit, and rejoined the game some years later where I made my Tarutaru. Right now i'm waiting for the new expansion to come out, and kind of hoping they put in paid character re customization because after a few years I get tired of the way my dude looks.

Hope you join me for the new expansion. Really Aby didn't ruin the game, it just made it different and kind of hurts to think that old acheivements mean so little now. Good news is, getting 99 is still super hard due to the fight to beat Maat's teacher.

Still, why exactly are level caps needed?

It's a design tool. When used properly they create the treadmill/timesink that keeps the end-game players distracted long enough for new end-game content to be slowly incorporated into the game.

This is the Everquest model.

And level cap raises were designed to take you a bit of time so that the top raiding guilds didn't just waltz through each new expansion.

Things are not exactly the same these days but the remnants of that model persist.

Supposedly they are gonna scale up dailys and other ops. Ex boarding party nightmare mode (as opposed to hard mode).

If that's what they're planning, that is seriously the sorriest excuse for an 'expansion' I've ever heard of. What's the point of raising the level cap if all I get to do is the same Ops and Flashpoints I've been doing for about a year now, just scaled up?

So you want a skill based game? Then you don't want a RPG.

Um wha..... MMORPG's started out skill based.. it wasn't until games like Everyquest became popular the Level/Grind/Gear formula took hold.

It would be more logical to say that he didn't want an RPG if he was asking for a Gear > Skill type game.

• Dev Post
Hi everyone! While we can't address every concern raised in this thread right now, we can reassure you that the gear you've obtained in our current endgame will continue to be relevant after the expansion is released, and it will provide a great bootstrap into the higher-level content offered by Rise of the Hutt Cartel. You won't be replacing your Dread Guard gear with gear you pick up as you level, and thanks to improvements in the way item power is calculated, we won't be handing out any entry-level gear at the new level cap. You'll hear more about RotHC as we approach its launch, and we'll continue to answer questions and provide more details!

I actually believe it was 50 back when I first, first started but I never got anywhere close to it, when I had my human warrior on an entirely different account than the one I have now. That was back when having a character in the high 30s was something impressive. I quit, and rejoined the game some years later where I made my Tarutaru. Right now i'm waiting for the new expansion to come out, and kind of hoping they put in paid character re customization because after a few years I get tired of the way my dude looks.

Hope you join me for the new expansion. Really Aby didn't ruin the game, it just made it different and kind of hurts to think that old acheivements mean so little now. Good news is, getting 99 is still super hard due to the fight to beat Maat's teacher.

I haven't played in a year. Came back after couple years break to try it out. Didn't stop due to abys. Just felt like it was time to end it. Had 5 75s before abyss came out lol. Managed to get 2 to 80 in the couple months I tried abyss

It will always be my favorite MMO, but at some point, you just have to say goodbye to it