8v8 medals bugged

Saedrine

Screengrab

In 8v8, the kills medals are granted at 4 and 8 kills (you can see I have both the 10 and 25 medals despite only having 20 kills) and the 6k and 60k protection medals aren't granted at all. I've confirmed it in pretty much every match I've played today, and my friends are getting the same thing.

Not working as intended. The patch notes don't say that the protection medals have been completely removed from the game.

"Medals for Warzone Arenas have been adjusted to better reward characters that engage in meaningful participation for their role. In addition, the kill requirements were reduced to better reflect the content.

Soldier Medal now requires 4 kills, down from 10.

Commando Medal now requires 8 kills, down from 25. "

Edited by Saedrine

Not working as intended. The patch notes don't say that the protection medals have been completely removed from the game.

• Soldier Medal now requires 4 kills, down from 10.
  • Commando Medal now requires 8 kills, down from 25.
  • Healer Medal now requires 150,000 healing, up from 90,000.
  • Savior Medal now requires 650,000 healing, up from 360,000.
  • Protector Medal now requires 150,000 protection, up from 60,000.

Are you saying that Warzones are not arenas and this should not apply? I'm now confused by what you think the issue is.

Are you saying that Warzones are not arenas and this should not apply? I'm now confused by what you think the issue is.

Yes, the medal changes were only supposed to apply to arena matches but apparently they also apply to the medals from 8v8 warzones. (The medal descriptions still show the old behaviour, they only act wrong)

The PTS notes stated it more clearly:

Warzones

Medals for Arenas (this change does not affect Warzones) have been adjusted to better reward characters that engage in meaningful participation for their role. In addition, the kill amounts were reduced to better reflect the content.

• Soldier Medal now requires 4 kills, down from 10.
  • Commando Medal now requires 8 kills, down from 25.
  • Healer Medal now requires 150,000 healing, up from 90,000.
  • Savior Medal now requires 650,000 healing, up from 360,000.
  • Protector Medal now requires 150,000 protection, up from 60,000.
Edited by Jerba

Yes, the medal changes were only supposed to apply to arena matches but they also affected the medals from 8v8 warzones. (Except that the medal names still show the old behaviour, they only act wrong, or at least differently from how it is stated in the patch notes)

The 6k protection medal was unchanged and appears to have been completely removed all the same. Not mentioned in the patch notes once.

Hey all,

The medal changes only apply to Warzone Arenas, both ranked and unranked, and should not take effect in any 8v8 maps. Additionally, the 6k Protection medal should still exist.

We are looking into these! Thanks for the info!

-Tait

• 2 weeks later...

Just went through a Huttball as an operative healer, didn't die once - got 976k in heals, no deaths. When the wz wrapped up, I got 7 medals - not one of them was a medal for healing (Healer or Savior). Have the screenshot if wanted.

The healing nerf while expected was rough - this is rougher. Getting P.O.'d.

Edited by Grue_Hunter

Screengrab

In 8v8, the kills medals are granted at 4 and 8 kills (you can see I have both the 10 and 25 medals despite only having 20 kills) and the 6k and 60k protection medals aren't granted at all. I've confirmed it in pretty much every match I've played today, and my friends are getting the same thing.

Heck, I broke 7 medals with my first kill as a sniper in a Huttball yesterday. Finished the match with 15 medals - not bad for a late entrant. :p