View Single Post

Rolodome
07.30.2016 , 03:53 PM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
The videos were from back when the game first came out and they were speaking about the concept behind the characters. I'm not going to dig them up but I will respond to you claiming it undermines the survival aspect. Not quite. I'd argue that Nox is wise for making sure he/she has such capable allies to help him/her with things he/she has issues with. The problem with what you said in this post is that "Nox is in training so.." but we never see Nox come up with brilliant schemes of his own. The problem here is that logically, since we haven't seen it, we shouldn't take it as a truth until proven otherwise.

In real life the most successful kings and queens listened to their advisors. They made sure to surround themselves with people who had skills and abilities they couldn't in order to properly run and maintain their kingdom. If you're not a good strategist, but you need to fight a war, the most logical thing to do is befriend/hire a good strategist. I'd argue while Nox may not be this manipulative mastermind, like sidious, he/she is highly intelligent. Like I said, I'm not knocking Nox. I just find he is underestimated in certain categories and she is overestimated in others.
I guess Sidious might seem like a poor comparison because Sidious orchestrated the downfall of the entire Jedi Order and such. And Nox did nothing at all compared to that. I just meant the flavor of the story, not that Nox really compares.

But I can see the argument for Nox being more a strategist than a manipulator. That's a definition I'm ok with.

BTW, I'm not one of those ones who feels strongly about Nox anyway. I didn't enjoy the SI storyline all that much. So you don't have to worry about me defending him hardcore.