** Definitive PvP Bug List **

Zaodon

I will maintain this thread as the definitive PvP Bug list.

See also: Definitive PVP Design Flaw List

==================================================

Any Warzone

- Targeting by mouse clicking is very non-responsive

- Targeting by Tab key is very random/buggy

- "Deserter" counter begins when you're still on the loading screen

- Warzones can start 5v8, 6v8 or 7v8

- random crash to character select after warzone acceptance

- players randomly do not appear in the party frame (you have 8 people, but only 7 or 6 appear in the party list)

- After a warzone ends, intermittently the scoreboard shows only a partial list of players, with the value "0" for every stat

- Leaping skills can cause players to fall thru the world, or get stuck in the geometry

- If you are channeling a turret/bomb and get 1-shot killed, the "channel" bar continues, and you cannot release to respawn until its done. (you can hit ESC to stop channeling, then release)

- You can get "permanently" stunned in some rare occasions.

- After death, you will occasionally respawn with enemy effects (slow, DoTs) still on you, and sometimes you will not even have full health or energy levels.

- After death, you will occasionally respawn "in combat" (still in combat).

- being CC'd as you die can intermittently cause you to appear dead in the re-spawn area, which means the deserter debuff will kick you out since you can't leave the area

Ranked Warzones

- When the game crashes, you lose ELO rating

Huttball

- When joining a game in progress, if you just barely miss the first gateway, you will be kicked out due to Deserter before the next one opens

- the scoreboard is sometimes "reversed" (your score is theirs, your ball possession shows as theirs, etc.)

- Sometimes after scoring, passing the ball to the person that scored will automatically score for your team.

- If the ball carrier dies as they pass the ball the light beam completely disappears and any indication of the ball is completely lost.

- Being grappled or pushed to the side ramps of the center will occasionally get you stuck in the geometry of the ramp.

Voidstar

- none at this time.

Civil War

- Sometimes, being Grappled/Pulled to the ramps at Central Turret will get you stuck in the geometry of the ramp.

Classes

- Not all class skills are mirrored properly.

Edited by Zaodon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Imperial-controlled guns begin registering attacks on Republic Ship earlier than Republic-controlled guns

AFAIK this is not an imp advantage, it's when the bonus tick from taking the turret & the global tick of each turret firing happen almost at the same time and give the impression that ticks are happening quicker.

And it effects pubs & imps.

AFAIK this is not an imp advantage, it's when the bonus tick from taking the turret & the global tick of each turret firing happen almost at the same time and give the impression that ticks are happening quicker.

And it effects pubs & imps.

False. Its an imperial-only bug, reproduced 100% of the time in ever Civil War where two guns at the start of the match are captured at the same time, or even when the Republic gun is captured first. It never, ever happens the other way around. Ever. Not so much as once.

Is the bug where a player on the team doesn't appear in the Ops frame still around? That is so annoying. Rarely get heals when I'm not in Ops frames. Also it's harder to target teammates to intercede to them when they are not in my Ops frame. Edited by Semitote

Well to point out something, it's the right turret, sometimes called East, that has an instant tick and ticks slightly faster than the other two. We take it all the time, and thus if the Reps claim it it still gets the instant tick and faster tick process regardless of faction. It's just unfortunately set up that the Imps are able to get there before Reps can without some speed.

Warzones can start 5v8, 6v8 or 7v8

This is not an issue that can be solved. If 8 people queued for warzones and 3, 4, or even 6 of them went afk when the message popped, the warzone can end up short people. Back in Vanilla WoW, the Horde use to do this to the Alliance regularly on my server by filling the Alliance queue with bots thus insuring a lot of the matches were against short handed teams. Hence one of the reasons cross server BGs happened.

Resolve seems buggy (doesn't always prevent additional CC)

This one I know I've experienced. My own experience, was being attacked by three sith warriors. All three had the stun charge, which should have at least put some ticks on my resolve bar. Before that, I know they force pushed me, which put me in front of the burner just before their goal line. But despite my resolve bar being fully white, they charge stunned me, all three, then each one took turns, again with a full white resolve bar, force choking me then hilt smashing me. Most agonizing 30 seconds as I sat there being tickled to death by three sith warriors and unable to do anything. I've reported this personally and I added the comment that they are not going to try and hand wave it by saying it's working fine on our end.

Edited by Silverspar

Leaving a wz into ilum pvp area will remove your buff. You have to leave the pvp area and re-enter to get the proper buff

Noted, although I am leaving open world pvp issues out, for now. I will eventually edit this thread to include them once open world PvP isn't a complete and utter joke.

I don't know if this is so much a bug as a design flaw. Way too many people are leaving warzones before they are finished, and often when there is still a chance to win. Leaving when the warzone is not finished queues someone else to take the position the leaving player didn't want. It is annoying to enter a game that is halfway completed.

To reduce the number of players leaving a warzone I would suggest that if a player does leave that player should not be eligible to complete the daily that day.

Edited by Puja

This is not an issue that can be solved. If 8 people queued for warzones and 3, 4, or even 6 of them went afk when the message popped, the warzone can end up short people.

The solution is to queue players first before starting the warzone, rather than starting the warzone at the same time the ready box pops up.

Pop the dialog box, once all 8 Empire and all 8 Republic players click ready, THEN start the Warzone.

There is also the 100% repeatable get more than 8 on your team exploit/bug, I would say how but then your thread would get deleted. You'll just have to take my word for it. I'm assuming since they are deleting the threads that say how to.... one would hope they are aware and fix it. Edited by Rabbican

There is also the 100% repeatable get more than 8 on your team exploit/bug, I would say how but then your thread would get deleted. You'll just have to take my word for it. I'm assuming since they are deleted the threads that say how to.... one would hope they are aware and fix it.

I have that in my list already, under Any Warzone, I just don't call out the root-cause.

I don't know if it's just me but, being a scoundrel and if you have somebody targeted and you press Disappearing Act, it won't work. I bound it to shft 5 and after mashing both keys I literally pressed shift with my index left finger and 5 with my index right finger and didn't work. It was available, not on CD. After mashing them for around 3 to 4 times, it did go through.

Good list.

Question about the bug/exploit where it's possible to have more than 8 players join a game... When the game gets aborted that way due to team imbalance, does one side end up with a win? Or do both teams get an automatic loss? I've had the other team do that a couple of times, and every time my team ended with a loss. If one of the teams gets a win, then people are benefiting from this bug, so it should be called an exploit. In which case, players who participated in this exploit should be penalized.

Having issues in Civil War where sometimes the speeder is not showing up after I die then I get ported out of the warzone for afk behaviour. Ctrl u twice sometimes fixes it but not always. It's very annoying as my load screen already means I get ported out of any Huttball match I join that has already started, I do not want to earn a false rep as one of these lamers that leaves a fight if we're not winning.